It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Refuses To Attend Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But when Obama goes to debate him McCain runs away with his tail tucked between his legs.

It's like a boxer saying "I could beat him with both arms tied behind my back. Come on coward face me in the ring!" then the second the guy shows up he has a head cold and can't fight. Its called his bark is worse then his bite. McCain barked, Obama bit, McCain ran away.

To New York City. He didn't go to DC, he staid in NYC. Pissing Letterman off cause McCain canceled him saying he was going to DC, but actually went to a different CBS Studio in NYC to do an interview.

So anyone who says McCain went to DC, is wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GordonJQ
Um, did you not know that the man running his campaign recieved money from Freddie Mac as little as a month ago?

Um, did you not know that Obama took his fair share of money from Freddie Mac?

Open Secrets

Top Freddie Mac donations –

1 – Chris Dodd (D) $133,900
2 – John Kerry (D) $111,000
3 – Barack Obama (D) $105,849
4 – Hillary Clinton (D) $75,550
5 – Paul Kanjorski (D) $ 65,500

Nancy Pelosi got $32,750 as well

And his boy Johnson was involved with Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae as well.

There is enough 'payoff' info from Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae to go around.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When did those stop? Also, they weren't LOBBYISTS for FM. Lobbyists for Freddie Mac are running McCain's campaign, and now McCain wants to give 700billion dollars to them. Nope, no coincidence here. Just his lobbyists running his campaigning giving nearly a trillion dollars to their old bosses.

Hey, where does that sound familiar? Hmm, a republican giving hundreds of billions of dollars to billionaire friends... Tip of my tongue, a Rick? No, Mick? Something to do with Hallways, no, Hall, Hale?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I honestly think that when you run for the office of the President you have to give up your seat as a Senator and let someone else take that spot who can focus as a Senator only. It's double dipping to me and a don't like it.

As far as McCain goes he's right. America is more important than a debate. The debate will happen but not until this problem is fixed. Now Obama is taking advantage of his call and saying he will be at the debate. Well I hope Obama is there at the debate while McCain is in Washington doing what all politicians need to be doing, working on a deal that saves everybody in the future. A debate is a debate, action is action and we need action. Everybody can go ahead and spin it anyway they want but Washington needs to fix "THEIR MISTAKE" before a debate happens in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The US Commission on Presidential Debates issued a statement saying that the first of the three planned debates would be held as planned on Friday at the University of Mississippi.

news.bbc.co.uk...

How do you have a debate when one of the debaters isn't there?

Suggestion: Get Ron Paul to go substitute for JM...
Now that would be fun.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Um, McCain isn't needed. He's on none of the committees, he has no say except for one vote yay or nay. Also, he's in NYC, not DC.

Also, as Obama said... "A president can't call timeout if two things happen at once."

Or will McCain call time out if say, terrorists attack NYC, to go and deal with a corruption case in Arizona? Or would he call time out on that one? Or would he call time out on both?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You are all way off base here. McCain is not President right now, he is a Senator. He is going to DC to do his JOB.

I know Obama thinks he is already President, but he's not. I'll forgive him though, I guess he hasn't been in the Senate long enough yet to know how things work.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I recall in 2001 we had a crisis and a certain leader was at a school monitoring the situation with the best technology in the world. That leader was heavily criticized

Bush was THE PRESIDENT, not one of 100 Senators. The country was ATTACKED. Not EVEN comparable.

Like I said Obama is still a Senator.

Exactly. So is McCain, by the way.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Either Obama will wise up and claim that he got called to Washington

Obama HAS been called to Washington. He's probably there by now. Bush called McCain and Obama to be at this afternoon's meeting. It was announced last night.

For those who don't think this is a political move:
McCain sends out Talking Points on Suspending his Campaign

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
For those who don't think this is a political move:
McCain sends out Talking Points on Suspending his Campaign

How does that make it a political move?

Should he not have let his staff and others in the campaign know of his decision and get them prepared? Should he have just sprung it on them like he did the rest of the nation on leave them dumbfounded?

That proves nothing.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

reply to post by jsobecky

Um, did you not know that the man running his campaign recieved money from Freddie Mac as little as a month ago? Now McCain screams we need to give 700billion dollars to Freddie Mac...

Remember these two names: Gordyn Raines and James Johnson. Both form CEO's of Fannie Mae.. Both were enriched by FNMA; Raines sucked over $90 million from it.

Both are financial and political advisors to Barack Obama.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Nyk537 all this guy can do is vote.. Thats it! HE is not doing tons of work like its being made it out be.
This is a ploy to you get you feel cozy to him!

He is casting a vote. And thats it!!! He is not there working around the clock to fix anything.. He casts a vote, and he punches out.

ITs a ploy! to get people to feel he is doing something more than he really is. The man places a vote and sits in a room. Nothing grand or great here. ITs a simple ploy to bring his numbers up!!

Now I know this is like a broken record to you, and you have heard this what like a 1000 times already. But thought you should hear it one more time my friend.

Edit- Fix spelling.. IM such a horrid speller!! yeah its bad..

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
You are all way off base here. McCain is not President right now, he is a Senator. He is going to DC to do his JOB.

I know Obama thinks he is already President, but he's not. I'll forgive him though, I guess he hasn't been in the Senate long enough yet to know how things work.

Except he didn't go to DC. He staid in NYC. Pissing Letterman off because McCain canceled his interview with him saying he was going to DC, but never did. Instead he went to a CBS Studio and did an interview.

Anyways, McCain just doing what the Republicans have been doing for 8 years. Giving money to old bosses. Dick to Halliburton, McCain to Freddie Mac.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

And in case you forgot, it's HIS JOB to cast that vote.

It's what the citizens who elected him hired him to do!

They did not hire him to run for President.

I don't care if he only votes and leaves. That is his JOB.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It is comparable but since your so Obama you refuse to see it. Both 9/11 and this are major crisis that have and will effect America. Bush was multitasking and people didn't like it. Obama does it and ya want to praise him. Both are elected officials who swore under oath to fulfill their job. And the fact that Obama may be the next president and this legislation will affect his administration greatly he should be there. 9/11 was a crisis and so is this one. Funny how ya criticized McCain for being absent for major legislation but want to give Obama a pass. And then you wonder why people call him the Messiah. Any other employer would have fired his ass for not showing up to help out during a crisis. Hiprocracy at its finest. If Obama can't do his job he needs to resign his seat and give it to someone who can.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by zysin5

And in case you forgot, it's HIS JOB to cast that vote.

It's what the citizens who elected him hired him to do!

They did not hire him to run for President.

I don't care if he only votes and leaves. That is his JOB.

Oops, hard to vote when in NYC. Or can he phone it in? Sad and pathetic attempt to get out of debating Obama.

Or... to canceling the VP Debate. We already know they have been protecting her from any Media exposure and only let her speak when she has a speech written out for her and in her hands. So as McCain says we need to cancel this one, and replace the VP debate with a P debate, to keep America from laughing at Palin as she is ripped apart by Biden.

So who knows, maybe its not to give 700billion dollars to the people who run his campaign. Maybe having Freddie Mac employees and Lobbyists running his campaign is just a coincidence and he's just doing his best to keep Palin from making a fool of herself on National Television.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
why are you comparing 9/11 to a financial meltdown? this isnt an attack by outside enemies. What happened to the market will correct everything? the economy is strong etc etc?

I don't recall comparing 9/11 to a financial meltdown. I think you might be mixing up posters here.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

yep sorry mixedup posters it was jam321

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Maybe having Freddie Mac employees and Lobbyists running his campaign is just a coincidence and he's just doing his best to keep Palin from making a fool of herself on National Television.

I'm sorry.

You must be confused. It's Obamas advisers who are the former managers of Fannie May and Freddi Mac, not McCain's. McCain had an advisor who took some money from them, but Obama's advisers were actually running them.

Obama and Freddie/Fannie

More Connections

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Oops, McCains campaign Manager got Money from Freddie Mac less then a month ago. Then McCain says we need to give them 700billion dollars.

Coincidence? Only if you think Dick gave Halliburton hundreds of billions by coincidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

It's interesting how you completely ignore my points though isn't it?

It's interesting how you completely ignore that Obamas two financial advisers were not only managers, but some of the biggest beneficiaries of Fannie/Freddy isn't it?

It's interesting how you completely ignore that only two people have received more money from these corrupt organizations than Obama has isn't it?

It's interesting how you keep bringing up Dick Cheney even though he has nothing to do with this discussion or election isn't it?

Yes. There are many interesting things here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join