It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms to Iran: Detente or treason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Jerusalem Post

For this reason, Israel became a key player in the so-called Iran-Contra affair, or "Irangate," in the mid 1980s. Then US national security council staffer Col. Oliver North took the fall for arranging Israeli arms dealers connected to the Israeli government to supply Iran with over 1,000 LAW anti-tank missiles and parts to Hawk anti-aircraft batteries in a deal worth $100 million. The proceeds of this trade were then funneled into the coffers of the Contra rebels in Nicaragua. For this reason, Israel became a key player in the so-called Iran-Contra affair, or "Irangate," in the mid 1980s.
Meanwhile, the US and Israel tried to leverage these sales by asking Iran to pressure Shi'ite groups in Lebanon to release Western hostages.

According to reports, much of the arms trading was conducted through a private Israeli company called International Desalination Equipment, Ltd., then run by Ya'acov Nimrodi, who from the 1950s until the shah of Iran was overthrown in 1979, was Israel's military attache in Teheran. Nimrodi was often aided and counseled by then-prime minister Shimon Peres's adviser on counterterrorism, Amiram Nir, the first husband of Judy Nir-Moses who is today married to Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom.

I knew Oliver North had something to do with the Iran-Contra affair, but I didn't know his role until now. I find it amazing that he did such a treasonist (word?) act and now is an adimit supporter of the Bush Admnistration's War On Terror. He became something like a war reporter for Fox News and wrote a book about war stories. Shouldn't he be in jail for selling arms to the enemy?

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes sir, he should be in jail. Just as so many others like him. Cheating the American people is a US government legacy that, apparently, they intend to uphold.

DC

join