It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of the dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
OK, I have not been to these forums for a few years, so forgive if this has been covered before, but I felt the need to talk about it and get opinions and feelings from others on this subject.
Since the death of a relative in 2005 I have had about one or two dozen dream about this relative, most have been pleasant enough, but I notice the amount of time she visits me in my dream is usually very short, and I am wondering since others obviously have these types of dreams does this seem normal or is it just me, perhaps they can only stay for a short time.
Oddly enough I also have dreams of my dog who also died in 2005, he stops by in the dream and I pet him and talk to him then he wanders off or my dream changes.
Anyhow, I guess there is really no point to my rant here, other than I wish there was more "time" in the dream.
Thoughts? Opinions?
To get into detail of these dreams would take some time, so I will avoid it for now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
After my father died and others close to me I have had dreams of them for many years after. The reason they only stay for a short time is because you are only in the dreaming stage for a short time. In some of my dreams they stay longer others shorter. I think it depends on how tired you where when you went to sleep. I noticed when i was very tired the longer I seem to dream. Maybe this will help.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yeah, interesting idea there. Perhaps more will be said in the dream too, that would be nice for a change.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wish my dad would give me winning lotto numbers LOL I need the money. But it makes me miss him so much more when I dream of him. I wish that he was here. Just think of it as this you still have them with you even for a little while.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I certainly hope so. Perhaps one day I will get a better grip on the dream world.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arcana_imperii

Usually dreams of people that have died mean

you still have issues with that person and not willing to let go.

or you had a similar personality as the person.

death in a dream normally means the end of a personality and the start of something new in you life.

Brian

top topics

join