It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension film

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Please remain on topic... the 4th dimension film.

Any further comments relating to the personality of a participating member or any post not related to the film will be removed as Off Topic.

Continued off topic posts by any member after removal of one such will receive a warn with the requisite -500 points penalty.

re-iterated

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for a very interesting video. I absolutely believe that there are multiple dimensions that exist parallel to ours and will personally continue to research this. Good stuff

I was also hoping that there would be lots of good additional info and posts in this thread from people that are interested in this stuff.

[snip]

Would love to see some more links to other info from members who can see outside the box

thinly disguised personal attack removed

[edit on 30/9/08 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey, just wanted to thank buds84 for posting the link and for the subsequent discussion, although i must admit i havent read the whole thread.

To comment on the link, i watched the two chapters pertaining to the "4th" dimension and thoroughly enjoyed both, even though my head was slightly aching afterwards lol im ever more fascinated by the possibilities within nature, and the mere fact we can discuss such things makes it slightly more real =P

I know its one thing trying to imagine other "dimensions" (and trying to convey what you see/think) but to prove their existence is altogether another, totally impossible challenge at present. The problem is much like trying to explain and/or prove the existence of "god", its not possible, is it?

When something cannot be physically sensed, measured or tested it is at best deemed a philosophy, and if it has no apparent effect on ones life, not everyone shows much consideration towards it. But lets not forget that without imagination we [mankind] wouldnt be where we are today, so imagination is very important as we all know. I strongly believe in science, but i also know that science doesnt currently hold all of the answers, nor does religion or philosophy, so personally i take what evidence and opinion i can and see where it may point, often knowing that i will form more questions than answers.

I have to admit though, i do see some sense in the idea of other dimensions, i mean prior to the big bang it is my understanding that it is believed that space and time as we know it did not exist, and what lie beyond the edges of the universe where light has not reached is unknown, does empty space continue finitely? also, and this is a wild stab in the dark lol, but it would to some degree explain the belief of an afterlife and perhaps why some have seen ghosts.

Of course, those religious accounts may have been induced by chemicals in someones brain, but the accounts are fascinating nonetheless. To be able to directly experience another dimension with our physical body is impossible, as the video indicates i believe.

I think it has been mentioned already but even some branches of science (quantum mechanics) albeit theoretical, have suggested/predicted other dimensions. Also Space/time can warp as it were so why not other dimensions? Either way, we'll have our answers (or not) once we die =)

Anyway, interesting topic and thanks again, too late for such discussions lol

PS. I love tesseracts =D

[Edit to add]
reply to post by JSarge

Hey sorry, missed your post. Not sure what you know lol so will just throw a few in, may have been mentioned:-

PBS Nova - Elegant Universe

Imagining the tenth dimension

C.E.R.N

General Relativity: Cosmic Tunnels / Worm Holes

[edit on 28-9-2008 by enduser]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
If you would like to take a look into what the 4th Dimension looks like a good start is 4 Dimensional math.

I saw this movie a few days ago and thought others would appreciate it.
I personally thought it was amazing.

It's a free movie you can download it here:
www.dimensions-math.org...

Their home page is: www.dimensions-math.org...

I recommend downloading the full quality film rather than watching the stream as the quality difference is very noticeable and this is something you want to see in full quality.

They basically start at 2-D and go up to 4-D, along the way explaining how a being on a lower Dimension would see an object from the next dimension up.

A bit of imagination is needed of course they don't show you exactly a 4 Dimensional world, but rather 4 dimension objects and how you can grasp your mind around it using math.

Very educational film that recently came out I think and it's about as good as it gets at the moment visualizing 4d in 3d.

The film is free to share.

Share comments on the film.
Lets hear what you think.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by buds84]

If you want to look at what the 4th dim lookslike took at any piece of animation. We are epriencing a 4D world not a 3D world. The human mind isn't capable of picturing anything beyond the 4 dims we live in. It's a grand waste of time to try.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Psychology is subjective..."Why don't you tell me what your thinking about"...so "I can tell you what your thinking about".

No, not psychiatry, psychology.

Psychiatry is "tell me what you're thinking about" so "I can tell you what you're thinking about".

Psychology is totally different.

Oh geez, nevermind...

Edi: Okay, I live in the U.S. Here in the U.S. Psychology is a science, science is the gathering of knowledge. Psychologists in America are not practicing doctors, they simply study. They study mental states and how they interact with bodily reactions etc. Psychiatrists are the ones, at least here in America, that will tell you what you're thinking. They will diagnose you and treat you.

Psychology is a SCIENCE, it is NOT subjective, it is objective.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

So then, psychologists aren't observing subjects?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

...So the 4th dimension is 'all in the mind'?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kcire

You could say that about most things on this forum lol whats also interesting is why so many different people have so many varying opinions of what's right in front of us, let alone beyond our senses

When we run around in circles, we usually get dizzy

edit. btw, anyone know how to make a triangle with angles totalling more than 180 degrees?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by enduser]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
thanks for the link op......going through the vids now and my mind isnt up to maths so haveing a hard time understanding it....never the less, I will go through them and at least try and understand.....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Reply to enduser

"The mere fact we can discuss such things makes it slightly more real."

Well said

This is how we progress and discover, by entertaining 'impossibilities', discussing them, and try to reach a better understanding of them. People can stand and shout all they want that it's wrong and impossible, point is, its just as impossible to prove them right as it is to prove us wrong, so in the end it's pointless. We should just accept that people can and will believe what they want to believe, if you think it's wrong, so? Can you honestly know that for sure?

Does anyone here think we can experience the 4th dimension in 3D? Or think we are experiencing the 4th dimension, as we discuss? (Time), or think that we are stuck in 3D, forever?

IMO, we can't experience 4D in 3D, we can see and understand interpretations and concepts explained in 3D about 4D (hence, video) but not 4D itself.

I'm not actually sure about 1D and 2D, I think as we encompass those dimensions with our 3D, then we could exerience them, but where to start? Would a shadow be considered 2D?

Hopefully people can get past this bickering that has plagued the thread for a few pages and focuse on the OP, I apologise as I was a part of it too, for a while.

EMM

Edit to add: I knew there was something else you said that I wanted to quote, lol.

"often knowing that i will form more questions than answers."

IMO, that is the best way to see life, full of questions rather than full of answers, I believe this is why we have become stagnant in our advancement and arrogant in our beliefs, we think we know it all.

reply to kcire

Edit:

"...So the 4th dimension is 'all in the mind'?"

That is based on your outlook on life, your perception of it. Some believe that the 4th dimension is time, some believe that it is a whole new dimension, accessed through some means, others, like myself, believe that it is merely a new perception of the current world we live in (so yes, technically in your head...sort of, lol).

Others believe that it doesn't exist at all, never has, never will, some think its a totally new universe. Which one is right? well I see it as "we haven't opened the box yet, to see the answer", therefore, they are all equally right, you just have to choose the one that suits you. (last edit I promise, lol)

EMM

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Jesus man, you are really blind, aren't you? I think you actually look at posts pick a sentence from it and then reply. I think you do not look at the concept at all.

To say that the refection in the mirror is 3D, come on now! Please, if that is so, measure the depth of that refection please!

In the Mario bros game, that being 3D? For god's sake man, it gives you the illusion of a 3D world but it is actually 2D, since the trees and mountains and everything in the background is right there. with no depth, with Mario and the character, just like a hologram! Just like they call 3D movies, which is actually in 2D but they give you the illusion that it is in 3D.

PLEASE, understand that we live in a 3D world, ANY other object that is not 3D would not be solid in this dimension. Take you head out of the BOX!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

that was very cool!
thanks for sharing it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
[snip]

Here is a video for those of you who are still interested in knowing more about this subject..

Now I had to watch this a couple times.. Even for someone as deep as myself. But then I dont claim to know much.
Im an average guy who has a passion for the unknown.
And I praise you OP for starting this thread and putting up with some peoples crap on here..
It takes alot of emotion not to be charged up by these people who feel they are not only better than you.. But are the all knowing, and all seeing eye of the truth.

I provide this video only as a precurser to more thought.
I am not here to claim I know this or that.

[snip]
Thanks!

Off Topic commentary and personal attack removed

[edit on 29/9/08 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Unless the personal attacks, whomever they are directed at, don't stop, then the only recourse is handing out the warns.

The idea is to ignore insults and, in your member center, find the Complaints button. Use it to direct staff attention through that channel rather than public drama as is evident in this thread.

Please don't allow this interesting topic to be derailed by commenting on each other.

What is the 4th dimension, if it exists, and how can it be understood?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Much agree'ed ! This is such a great topic!!
Finally something that expands our parameters to the very end of human logic and understanding!

We are truely pushing our minds to the furtherest extent of human parameters as we know it right now. We reach that point. And find it can go much further, but our logic reaches a dead end. But it can go further!

When myself I do not have the intelligence to explain this personally.
I only know what I know. And sometimes I break threw my mental shell to try to explain to others, but its hard, becasue I can not find the words at times but this guy does!
Let me share with you more.
Why Do We Need More Than 3 Dimensions?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Man, thanks for those vids. I have watched the same concept in a more complicated form, but this way is easier to understand.

I hope this clarifies the point that because we are living in a 3D world we can't see or perceive a 4D world, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist!

I guess the key would be to tune to 4D frequency or vibrational state!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join