It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension film

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Originally posted by ninthaxis
Physical proof isn't the only proof in the world.

Yeah it is, unless you're insane!

My invisible rabbit says hello. Get the point? If it's not there, it's not there, until you have physical proof that it is.

Objective, physical proof is the only truth. What exists as a conviction to ignorance in the mind is not supported by physical proof, rather faith, blind faith.

Now, I'd have no problem discussing the 4th dimension if it didn't have any serious mental health issues and implications, the same way we could sit here and discuss what my imaginary friend looks like... fortunately he doesn't exist, only in my mind... but even in my mind he is a 3d image, nothing more and nothing less.

I have to say I totally agree with you and every point you've made. All i call into light is the objective physical proof. When you say this, I take it as, "first hand" exposure..."I could touch it, smell it...experience it" etc. I know that truth no matter what it is for must be experienced, as such goes even for "the invisible friend". Today objective physical evidence can be manufactured to provide truths to the masses, which have no truth what so ever.

For instance. I'm not saying this is so, just as an example. When I was a kid, i was told in science that we are on a ball shaped like a planet that spins in space. Every thing is held to the ground with gravity and that is what keeps us from flying off the earth, but the same science told me I flew off of the merry go round because of centripetal force which, I understood as a child that the earths centripetal force must be massive, why don't we fly off? The gravity that is strong enough to hold every thing down couldn't hold me to the merry go round? Now, I have never been to space and seen the earth for myself...plenty of pictures and video's and shuttle launches, I still remember the first one, but I have not seen this "planet"(the base of the word is plane) for myself. In this case, "objective physical proof" is unattainable for me because I don't accept computer generated images or star wars sets as the truth having not experienced it myself. What I have experienced and can attest to the truth is, if you free stand on something spinning, you fly off. Should work no different for the earth, especially in a vacuum. Vacuums suck, not keep everything together. If gravity was a particle, then things would need more or less of that particle perspective to size, but mass already takes care of that with weight (which means gravity). Someone would say, "are you saying you know more then the scientists" or "so all the work they've done you say isn't so". I don't know a en cling of what they do, but I know what I experience and that just because you were taught something doesn't mean you "know" it. We work in the perimeters we are given and look for acceptance "out of the box".

I don't think people look for truth only acceptance. Everything I see people name calling over, blows my mind because 99% of it is theory or conjecture and I believe that is all "last" is trying to illustrate. Hopes not to offend anyone.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Edited after Mod note:

Quickly:

"I don't think people look for truth only acceptance. Everything I see people name calling over, blows my mind because 99% of it is theory or conjecture and I believe that is all "last" is trying to illustrate. Hopes not to offend anyone."

If this was the case, most of us wouldn't have a problem with him, nearly all agree here that we have different perspectives on the world and how it works, we don't tell each other were wrong, we listen and try to understand. L.O.V.E doesn't do that, IMO, and from I've seen, alot of others, he only accepts his reality, and when people don't accept it, he condecsends and ridicules, it gets annoying.

Proof is in the pudding:

"Anyway, I see that very few of you are grasping this. For those of you that did, awesome, you take away a little more than you left with and hopefully you don't fall for the lies in the future."

On topic:

I watched the film (finally!! had a few active threads on here), all I can say, incredible, I didn't fully agree with his interpretation of 4D, but the animation alone was worth the 2 hours or so, fantastic.

What I took away from the video, and I'm sure others will have a different perspective, is that various sides of the one shape, can exist in the same space/time, this I'm assuming would also apply to other shapes 'passing through' each other, they only meet/interact at the point they have in common, the centre.

Now this for me, explained a 'property' of other dimensions, not just 4th, they can and do, IMO, exist in the same space/time, yet they only truly interact with each other at the source, where this source is, I don't know, I could say the middle of the 'multiverse' but that would be a human presumption. Let's go a bit mad, could it be beneath, projecting up?!?

Oh,

And Escher's drawing analogy of the lizards coming out of the page, incredible, I love Escher, yet I've never really studied him, only seen and loved some of his work, never seen the lizards.

EMM

Edit: Can someone ask 'needs' L.O.V.E what he thinks about shadows, they have no depth yet can be measured for length and width, hence, 2D? They are not 3D as they are not physical, anything physical has to be 3D, yet using L.O.V.E's argument, they are 2D in a 3D realm.

Edit to add: Just found this, found it in the 'the most simplified unified theory' thread, applies to the 'reality is an illusion' thread, yet I found this little gem in one of the authors pages on his website, bear in mind this is his opinion, yet he seems very competent, and much smarter than myself:

"The electron's properties are well known. The list is astounding. It is so small that it has no apparent dimension..."

[edit on 28-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Today objective physical evidence can be manufactured to provide truths to the masses, which have no truth what so ever.

Subjective lies can be perpetrated and manufactured, but objective physical evidence, if studied and gathered properly, can never lie.

For instance, they can tell us its 4d, but that won't change the fact that it's still only 3d interacting and that they perpetrated the lies through the 3d.

We don't fly off the Earth not only because of gravity but because it's not spinning fast enough anyway.

Anyway, I see that very few of you are grasping this. For those of you that did, awesome, you take away a little more than you left with and hopefully you don't fall for the lies in the future.

For those of you that don't, detachment from reality is a psychological disease; and that's the truth, not an insult.

Quite honestly, I'm tired of this thread in general and my patience is wearing down, so I'm not sure if I'll be back. Take it easy.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Any one ever felt the wind?? oh, no. i guess you only feel the dust particles right?? this thread is going in circles.... what ever happened to my rock and roll?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Osama Bin Laden at Area 5

Here is something representing a 4d object seen in 3d

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal I challenge every single one of you to go create an object that has only width and height.
[edit on 25-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

I'm not gifted in electronic art but I think this should do.

As you see, simply making the elements on the back of the CRT monitor's screen change color gives them no depth. They are as flat being orange as they are being black.

I agree with you with the airplane somewhat, altitude is only a measure of distance from earth, BUT to get an object from point A to point B, you must have another dimension: Time. Some may argue that time itself is only a measurement but one can not exist without time, nor move.
I think of it as a "alternate" dimension if you will, that governs all forms of dimensions, as its needed in 2d also.

I understand both the OP's point of view as well as yours but I think you would have a better chance of putting your point across if it where a little less hostile. Its natural to have slight anger for other's who form ideas different from our own but nothing can be proven out of anger alone.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Hey Electro,

He condescends in protection, because that's "instinctual". He has already proved that, so I wouldn't be to bothered...besides, he's still our brother and deserves to be heard.

We always need to be aware that a "battle" is comprised of two parties who are both attacking each other. No one will listen to him, because he condescends, but he condescends because no one will listen to him....no win situation, until both humble themselves or one gives up...I like the humbling and am always in need of it.

Perhaps I didn't grasp him but either way, doesn't matter...I take what I want and leave the rest. I cannot deny truth when I recognize it and what he has said is the truth regardless of his candor. I think we often miss the truth because it's not in the shinny package we want or like addicts realizing they are about to have an intervention. Truth good, method of reception bad.

I can attest to three dimensions and live in such. My mind is open, but until a new dimension is presented to me that I can experience or have the need too, I don't need to worry about it, these three are enough for me to handle.

Be easy on each other...

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I cannot deny truth when I recognize it and what he has said is the truth regardless of his candor. I think we often miss the truth because it's not in the shinny package we want or like addicts realizing they are about to have an intervention. Truth good, method of reception bad.

I can attest to three dimensions and live in such. My mind is open, but until a new dimension is presented to me that I can experience or have the need too, I don't need to worry about it, these three are enough for me to handle.

Be easy on each other...

Peace

You see, how hard was that? You were perfectly pleasant, yet you disagree with me? it ain't hard, its merely respect for anothers perspective, not much to ask is it?

I've said a few times that I agree with him to a point, I don't think we can experience 4D in 3D, therefore, it doesn't exist in 3D, only in theoretical situations. Yet I believe it does exist, outside of our 3D perception of the world, only we cannot percieve it.

In the video, it shows 3D objects, representing 4D interaction with themselves, on a 2D screen (NUTS!! lol), now, thats the best representation were gonna get until a holographic 3D modeller comes out or something.

Seriously good video, I'd suggest watching it, if anything else, its incredibly pretty pictures!! lol

EMM

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Thank you Electro for your kind words...sincerely.

I never said, I hadn't "been" presented with a fourth dimension or that I have not perceived such, only "until I'm presented i need not worry".

The fourth dimension is out of view for a reason, hence to life three dimensions are given, one being both...birth, life and death. The end and the beginning are the same and so constitute the third as long as the third gives both.

Should that third fail, all three become the fourth, a dimension you do not want to perceive, just like the Donner party didn't want to eat each other.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by g210b

I see what you mean.
I have also seen different graphs representing 4-D, quite a few but I don't know which one I would call the "best" one as there all just different.

I have also seen a few different presentations of 4-D around but most are older and I posted this one mostly for the math discussion and great use of 3-D graphics, also the film is new not more than a month or 2 old.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Today objective physical evidence can be manufactured to provide truths to the masses, which have no truth what so ever.

Subjective lies can be perpetrated and manufactured, but objective physical evidence, if studied and gathered properly, can never lie.

I agree with you, but who makes up the rules for "properly" and in telling me who, explain how this "who" hasn't subjected you to their version of such methods supposing them yourself to be "proper".

For instance, they can tell us its 4d, but that won't change the fact that it's still only 3d interacting and that they perpetrated the lies through the 3d.

Your right again, but who said it was 4d? I read it's a 4d representation in 3d. Who has lied to you?

We don't fly off the Earth not only because of gravity but because it's not spinning fast enough anyway.

This one confuses me. You say with "OPE properly gathered, can never lie". What about the ones who gather, can they lie? I can observe centripetal force and know what it does having proved it to no one but myself. Show me gravity with out using weight in your experiment, since gravity is unknown. Why would you be so staunch with people when you are in the same boat, believing what you can't prove for yourself by experience and not equations?

For those of you that don't, detachment from reality is a psychological disease; and that's the truth, not an insult.

Psychology is subjective..."Why don't you tell me what your thinking about"...so "I can tell you what your thinking about".

I like your strait forwardness, but don't you see where you are combative and that it, in itself, nullifies your truth from being absorbed by people? We are all different and doing the best with what we have. People come here for "out of the norm" inquiries who are searching for truth and acceptance for their quest, because the outside frowns on them for doing such.

I say be strait and unwavering and don't change who you are only remember kindness to those who don't see what you see. You just may light up thousands who joy at the thought of your name.

Love will always light up the truth...Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
When people understand (when I say people I rally mean one person in here) that in a 3D world a 2D object wouldn't be an object anymore, HE might be able to grasp the idea of a 4 dimension.
When HE understands that everything we see is just an interpretation of our brain experiencing a frequency/reality (and we only see 4% of what is there) HE might be able to not compare a 3D object with a 2D one.
When HE understands that any 2D, 4D or 11D object have to interact with this 3D world in order for us to "see" it, once it does that we would perceive it in a totally different form because a 2D object cannot look or be a 3D object, HE might be able to understand that the fact that the earth is a sphere only applies in this 3D world.

Once again, smoke, shadows and even reflections are 2D objects interacting in a 3D world, and those 2D "objects" need that 3D link in ordered to be manifested and seen in a 3D world.

Can we, in this 3D world, make a 2D solid object? Maybe not. Does that mean that a 4D world doesn't exist? Of course not.

The best proof that the 4 dimension exist is ourselves.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The 4th dimension is time. Not your casio watch, but space, past, present, and future. Think of it in terms of the spot where you are standing, and how 300,000 years ago a cave man was standing in that very spot trying to start a fire. Currently there are many great minds using theoretical science to help prove the existence of multi-dimensions. Either way, the fact that that same tree in your front yard existed (or exists) yesterday and will probably still be there tomorrow is proof of the fourth dimension.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

You're deceiving yourself.

Mario brothers is not 2d. The reality is 3d. It uses light, the 3d fabric of space, television, electricity, it even has 3d attributes to it. Yes it has depth, height and width! There are mountains in the background, shadows to give the perception of depth.

No image and no object comes in anything other than 3d.

Just showing me a picture and saying that you're not educated in graphic arts and electromagnetism isn't making a good case, only for your ignorance of the subject.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
reply to post by Osama Bin Laden at Area 5

Here is something representing a 4d object seen in 3d

This is a 3d object... It's not "4d being seen in 3d", it's been seen in 3d because it's 3d... You can't make objects that are 1d, 2d, or 4d, be seen in 3d, because they don't exist... you're only ever seeing 3d objects.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
The best proof that the 4 dimension exist is ourselves.

The best proof that my imaginary rabbit exist is myself. It's only in my mind, but you see, even in my mind it's 3 dimensional.

You're talking about having faith again, not having proof or manifestation.

You can't change existence. And time is a measurement of the 3 dimensions interacting, moving and changing.

It IS a measurement, so as with me being a 2 dimensional batter if I bat both left handed and right handed, then you could say that "time is a dimension of measurement". However, no measurements exist beyond height width and depth. Even time is only a measure of height, width and depth.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
Once again, smoke, shadows and even reflections are 2D objects interacting in a 3D world, and those 2D "objects" need that 3D link in ordered to be manifested and seen in a 3D world.

Oh God... no. This is not true. Smoke is 3 dimensional, do you know what smoke is?! You're just grabbing at straws now, and I'm not going to go look up smoke for you, you're more than capable of doing that yourself.

Reflections are not 2d objects. I've explained that to you before. You should really do this research on your own though!

I'll repeat it.. aaagaaaiiiin. The space between you and the mirror is 3d, you are 3d, the mirror is 3d, the material reflecting is 3d, the glass is 3d, the light is flowing through 3d space because it's 3d, and the reflection in the mirro is 3d, having the dimensions of height, width and depth. It is not reflecting a 2d image, but a 3d image. It's reflecting YOU and everything else around it, which is 3d! Look in a mirror and try to find a 2d object, you can't unless you have a 2d object in your hand being reflected!

A mirror is a perfect example for the 3d reality in fact. As they say, take a look in the mirror! You still won't find anything 2d. Do you KNOW what a reflection is or am I just volleying words back and forth with you as you brag at ideas that you think you're making up? I'd like to know so I don't waste anymore time. It's tiring repeating the same thing to you over and over again.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Psychology is subjective..."Why don't you tell me what your thinking about"...so "I can tell you what your thinking about".

No, not psychiatry, psychology.

Psychiatry is "tell me what you're thinking about" so "I can tell you what you're thinking about".

Psychology is totally different.

Oh geez, nevermind...

Edi: Okay, I live in the U.S. Here in the U.S. Psychology is a science, science is the gathering of knowledge. Psychologists in America are not practicing doctors, they simply study. They study mental states and how they interact with bodily reactions etc. Psychiatrists are the ones, at least here in America, that will tell you what you're thinking. They will diagnose you and treat you.

Psychology is a SCIENCE, it is NOT subjective, it is objective.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join