It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension film

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If you would like to take a look into what the 4th Dimension looks like a good start is 4 Dimensional math.

I saw this movie a few days ago and thought others would appreciate it.
I personally thought it was amazing.

It's a free movie you can download it here:
www.dimensions-math.org...

Their home page is: www.dimensions-math.org...

I recommend downloading the full quality film rather than watching the stream as the quality difference is very noticeable and this is something you want to see in full quality.

They basically start at 2-D and go up to 4-D, along the way explaining how a being on a lower Dimension would see an object from the next dimension up.

A bit of imagination is needed of course they don't show you exactly a 4 Dimensional world, but rather 4 dimension objects and how you can grasp your mind around it using math.

Very educational film that recently came out I think and it's about as good as it gets at the moment visualizing 4d in 3d.

The film is free to share.

Share comments on the film.
Lets hear what you think.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by buds84]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

No such thing as 4d.

That's all I have to say.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

That is a bold statement of the unknown, coming from a frail and feeble Human mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Actually it's not so bold, it's the truth.

What is ignorant, frail and feeble is the idea of a 4th dimension, that which is unknown and impossible.

I don't attempt to explain things beyond what can be known, that's foolish.

My mind is not frail and feeble, maybe this is a projection of what you think of yourself and others, but it's certainly not true for me. My mind is objectively consistent and not holding fast to the illusions of subjectivity.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is unknown, and pretty bold of you to state an absolute to that which is unknown.

All Human minds are frail and feeble, to the extent that we are still bound to instinct.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Moegli]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If it's unknown then it's absolutely unknown.

There are 3 dimensions, height width and depth. You can not only have 1 and you can not only have 2, you also can not add another dimension of measurement to the three. The three are interdependent and they are also interchangeable relative to axial perspective. The three interact through their forces and cause "time" and change.

If any one of these three measurements is 0, then the object does not exist. This is a 3 dimensional reality, get with the existence already.

When a "2d" mathematical model is drawn on a piece of paper that piece of paper is 3d, those pen marks are 3d, those pencil marks are 3d, all of the things you use to draw a "2d" object or formula have height, width and depth regardless of how minute they may be. You will never create a 1d object nor a 2d object in any physical form because they do not exist. This physical existence is 3d and it is eternal, and its attributes are static though its forms change through interaction.

Now, I absolutely know this because this is the way that existence is and through this I absolutely know that a 4d doesn't exist. Anyone saying that it does without providing physical show is feeble and frail minded and ignorant of their own carnal existence.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok, so why don't you do some Einstienian equations and show the world...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli
All Human minds are frail and feeble, to the extent that we are still bound to instinct.

We'll always be bound to instinct. Instinct is habitual impulse, however you can change the instinct by changing the habit. This in no way makes a mind frail and feeble. You can't place subjective opinions on the way that things are. You can't say that the Earth is frail and feeble because it's round.

Compared to what? What and who isn't instinctual? Everything is instinct.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

It doesn't take that. Why doesn't the world open its eyes and stop playing this game of subjective intellectual elitism and settle on the objective truth as it is?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know or can even imagine a four dimensional existence. You seem to have a grip on the nature of physical form and its relation to spatial awareness, the OP has provided links to videos which explain how four dimensions can be articulated in three dimensional space (which I believe would be shadows of 4D entities), so why don't you watch them and keep an open mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If you watch the film I posted you would see how well know Mathematicians & Scientists discover and prove there is a 4th dimension. Been know for years.

So you come here and try to tell us highly respected scientists and mathematicians are wrong with no proof what so ever.
All the stuff you just made up is from you own uneducated little mind.

Stop trying to spread ignorance just because your mind or attention span is too small to grasp the 4th dimension.

4th dimension is a mathematical fact and it will take a lot of work to disprove intelligent men like:

Ludwig Schläfli
en.wikipedia.org...

Bernhard Riemann
en.wikipedia.org...

and many others.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by buds84]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't need to. To me this is like someone trying to tell me that 2+2 is 5 in a base 10 system. It isn't.

Maybe you should keep an open mind and read what I posted for you.

My mind is extremely open, but discards of that which isn't truth. Please stop making assumptions about me and deal with the knowledge that you have of me and from me. You don't even know if I've watched the video or not regardless of if I have or haven't yet.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
If you watch the film I posted you would see how well know Mathematicians & Scientists discover and prove there is a 4th dimension. Been know for years.

No, it hasn't. The scientific and mathematical community are divided over this. In fact, most well respected and those well versed in physics, science and math do not go beyond the 3d or below it and will tell you that it is only hypothetical and has no relation to the actual physical reality.

So you come here and try to tell us highly respected scientists and mathematicians are wrong with no proof what so ever.

Exactly and that's exactly how it is.

All the stuff you just made up is from you own uneducated little mind.

Precisely, jealous? It's also all from the universe.

Stop trying to spread ignorance just because your mind or attention span is too small to grasp the 4th dimension.

When you can grasp the 3 dimensions then I'll trust what you talk about the 4th.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Nice try at making yourself look smart but I don't think anyone here will take your word of "There is no 4-D" over highly respected scientists and mathematicians that have done work to prove that there is.

You should educate yourself before attempting to look smart, or for this situation, look dumb.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Anyone taken the Myers-Briggs tests? LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal, I'll bet you would score 100% S vs. N.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
pfft

7 minute vid from Carl Sagan can explain 4th demension better than ANY movie..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Instinct would no longer exist if one is aware of every minute detail of reality.

It has been theorized that if the brain can be aware of every subatomic particle and its behavior as it courses through space, the collisions, magnetic and gravitational influences etc, then one can be aware of fate/destiny. The only question would be, how far into the future can you see? Time as we perceive it has an interwoven mechanism which ties directly to space.

Four dimensional awareness would therefore be mastery of time.

Of course if one is aware of anything, one can change its path in time.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I appreciate you posting something of interest to the community that doesn't have to do with politics or the end of the world or any of the other plethora of dead horses being ridden around at ATS. I also appreciate that you came prepared with outside information and links to material, instead of just spouting off your opinion as another is doing in this thread. If there is a claim made, such as that there are high ranking scientists and such that will not work in anything but three dimensions, I would appreciate supporting material to these amazing individuals so their material can be looked at and commented upon.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

If you'd like to logically show me where I look dumb and where I've made a mistake then I'd be more than willing to admit it. In fact I'd like any and every single one of you to prove that physical 1d, 2d, or 4d objects exist and that they are not only illusions of a subjective mind and hypothetical mathematical representations that all exist in 3d. That's how confident I am and that's how smart I am. Now put your money where your mouth is buds.

The truth here is that you're projecting that you feel dumb and don't really know what you're talking about so you're attempting to make yourself be smart by belittling others, in this case me, through insults devoid of any logic or mathematical and physical substance and no where have you focused on the actual content of anything that I've provided for you.

In reality in luck vs. knowledge, knowledge wins everytime. Good luck buds.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the comment.
In my second post I provided 2 links of people who did work on the 4th dimension.

Other than that the film I post provides all the information, facts on sources on people who did work on the subject, the film is even narrated by "voice over" mathematicians.

The film at the end proves everything with real math so anyone trying to disprove the film and 4d will have a few life times of work to prove them wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join