It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL "write in" BOMB!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I like Ron Paul. I would love for him to be president. But He has dropped out of the race. Writing him in will not make him president. No more than it would Micky Mouse.

Why throw your vote away when it could go to someone who is actively seeking the presidency?

If you like Ron Paul, and you want someone like him in office, then vote for the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr.

Your vote matters. Use it wisely.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Way to steer the libs astray.

Seriously, it is statistically impossible to elect Ron Paul, and even would your little bomb succeed you wouldn't hear about it the votes would be destroyed.

It's just like voting for Nader.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Bob Barr, huh?

The "Libertarian."

The party he represents is all about small government and personal freedoms and you expect us to vote for this man who voted for the Patriot Act not once, but twice and voted against measures to veto it!?

Are you watching the same news I am watching?

If you're voting for anybody except Baldwin or McKinney, you're probably "wasting your vote."

I feel when I write Paul's name on the ballot, it's not about wasting my vote, but representing my freedoms. It may be in vain, but no way in hell will you find me saying "I had to vote for the lesser of two evils" or "You know Bob Barr is libertarian, right? Which is what Ron Paul is!"

I'm "voting" with my heart. I will not waiver.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I like Ron Paul. I would love for him to be president. But He has dropped out of the race.

What about that?
I would LOVE to write him in.
I can't really vote (my conscience) for the 2 parties.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Im Out, don't Like Ron Paul's "Hide my head in the Sand" Policies about the world. Hes afraid of his own shadow.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

What? Have you ever listened to him!!!?

I mean talking frankly about the NAU (which hopefully is dead for now)
The corporations, The Federal Reserve, Nafta, fixing our homeland, wrapping up Iraq,
The UN and The EU.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

I freely admit I don't agree with everything RP says, but I've not really seen that in his speeches and literature. Can you point out some examples for me? Knowledge is power, especially when you want to say something like that without backing it up.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Nahh. Most people don't do due diligence. They just parrot what they hear. The PWB count on this aspect of human nature. One of the key tenets of propaganda is to repeat what you want people to believe over and over in as many variations as possible. Over time, people will come to acdept it as truth.

Case in point. By now we all know that any connection between Iraq and 9/11 has been thoroughly and completely debunked. That despite the fact that the Administration used that justification to engage us in a war. And as recently as yesterday Palin is still tossing that one out there. Like her killing the 'bridge to nowhere'. Completely debunked but still being repeated. And people believe it.

It's theb same thing with Ron Paul. Lots of detractors but few with any substance behind their positions. All parrots.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Not that anyone of you will read my post. But I feel a little insulted by Ron Paul supporters as of late.

Ron Paul is not running for president and he has fully endorsed Chuck Baldwin. Any Ron Paul follower knows this so this begs the question why has this not been stated within this thread?

I’ve thought about the unsolicited advice from the Libertarian Party candidate, and he has convinced me to reject my neutral stance in the November election. I’m supporting Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate.

SOURCE

By writing in RP you are wasting your vote and worst you are taking votes away from someone who is running who has a chance.

We all need to come together and vote for One person who will represent us All. Ron has endorsed Chuck. I voted for Ron in the primaries; I will be voting for Chuck Baldwin as president. Further more Chuck Baldwin has openly stated he would appoint Ron in charge of treasury.
SOURCE

STOP being fanatical, STOP diversifying the third party vote. This thread to is more of an attack on RP Campaign.

Frustratedly yours
GSM

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't beleve this... Americans are actually thinking about a third party candidate... Thank all of you for proving me rong that everyone in your contry was a sheeple.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We can't be defeatist about this. If Obama can get 50,000+ fanatics chanting YES WE CAN yet with zero platform at the time, just a shopping list of complaints then I have faith that all average americans, who already have their own list of complaints can do the same but wait till voting night to make their voices officially heard.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rdubb4

Hm. "This will never work."

Way to be optimistic and foretell the future before it even occurs. So let me ask you - if you had cancer and someone offered you an alternative approach to curing yourself would you also say, "this will never work... might as well just die!" ?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ive got my Ron Paul yard signs still out and my bumper sticker still glowing on my car. Im going to take this up and start walking around with his resume and a DVD on some of his debates and speeches on Cspan. Seriously im sick if wasting my time trying to wake people up to the fact that they CAN VOTE FOR WHOM EVER (ANYONE!) There are no laws saying whoever is not on the ballot wont win. But you all know as well as i do that we the people dont matter as much as our ELECTORAL VOTERS.

Power to the CONSTITUTION!

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GameSetMatch

Statistically, a Constitution Party candidate has less of a chance of winning a national contest than Libertarians or Independents. In the 2004 Presidential election out of roughly 122,267,553 votes cast, the Peroutka/ Baldwin ticket got about 143,630 votes.

source...

Heck, with a decent enough campaign, you could practically get Homer Simpson those kind of numbers

However, in all seriousness, none of these people are going to win. I hope with all my heart they would, but lets be real. What this is about is making a statement that we are starting to wake up, and we will not go without a fight.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
www.foxbusiness.com...

Has a poll half way down, on the left asking "Who do you think will come out of this economic crisis looking smartest?"

Ron Paul is winning that poll by a very very large margin. Get in there and vote!

Ron Paul, as of this writing is at 80% with Warren buffet trailing behind in 2nd at 13%

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Starred and flagged!

I recently came across an ARG (Alternative Reality Game) Which was based on "The Man of the people"; a man who they're trying to elect via write-in but they're not 'disclosing' who it is until later.

I was praying this was legit and actually for Ron Paul.

www.manofthepeople.net...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GameSetMatch

I agree... Ron Paul does not want to be president (not sure if he ever REALLY did). But I love the guy, what he says, and what he stands for. So instead of writing him in, I think the next best choice is to select the candidate he endorses (assuming your beliefs match).

Actually, I think the best solution is for the major 3rd parties get together to form a major 3rd party (I don't think they are all that different) with some real power behind it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I just did that!!!

Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman 2%

Henry Paulson, the Secretary of the Treasury 3%

Warren Buffett, head of Berkshire Hathaway 12%

Ron Paul, Texas Congressman and presidential candidate 79%

Bill Gross, PIMCO chief investment office 4%

Emphasis added by me. I took a screen shot of this poll and darn near shat myself.

PUT DR RON PAUL ON THE TICKET FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

I'm living in B.U.S.A. (Bizaro U.S.A.)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
let me think about it,

I might do it!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join