It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Heckled in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is very interesting and it wasn't expounded on by the MSM.
As far as I know this is a first. The following is transcrpt from Rush's radio show as he was watching it happen on CNN:

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: What's this? Protesters interrupt a Messiah rally in Florida. Twenty or thirty, it looks like more than that, they're still walking them out of there. It looks like there's at least 20 or 30 protesters, and they're black, and they're carrying signs too small to read, but they're walking them out of there now. Obama is up there with Larry Wasserman's daughter. (interruption) Is that what he said? (interruption) Yeah, it is work listening to an Obama speech these days. It is work being at an Obama rally. But this is on CNN. Their cameras caught it, black people protesting The Messiah. They're in trouble. They're down in the electoral polls, electoral vote polls, they're down in state by state, they're down nationally. This is not where they thought they would be, and this is why, folks, the Drive-Bys are revved up. The Drive-Bys have to take McCain and Palin out. They are too invested in this, in the Obama candidacy. It's going to get brutal, it's going to get vicious, and even more so than it already is.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is this afternoon in Coral Gables, Florida. As we mentioned, The Messiah was protested here by a large number of black audience members to his rally, and this is some of what it sounded like.

OBAMA: Have you seen gas prices? (chanting) Hold on, guys, hold on. Hold on, guys. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, everybody. Hey, young people out there, it's no problem for you to put your signs up, but let everybody -- let me -- let me finish what I have to say, all right. Come on, guys. (yelling) All right. (yelling) So you -- so -- see --

RUSH: That's hilarious! (laughing) When's the last time you heard somebody, hey, come on, shut up now, put it down, guys, let me finish what I have to say, let me finish. (laughing) He still thinks they're all his buddies. Come on, guys, hold on, hold on. (laughing) Barack Obama.

END TRANSCRIPT

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

their little signs mentioned abortion and michaelwarns.com on them.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow. This is really a left handed curve ball. The black community protesting the black candidate? That is unreal. I constantly hear about how not supporting Obama equates to racism and not voting for McCain equates to both agism or anti-American (due to his "hero" status).

Does that mean that it is now safe for the non-black community to outright withdraw support for Obama without racial reprisal?

Ok, so I could care less about the race issue, the age issue, or the war vet issue. I am a white American war vet myself. Policy, Policy, Policy. Thats all. It seem the community that Obama's camp thought was a lock thinks the same way.

I say to all of those protestors, Good for you...Deny Ignorance and Demand the Truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have a friend who attended this rally and told me about this. The transcript of Barack trying to restore order is hilarious. I'm sure theres more of this that goes on than you realize though, the MSM doesn't like to touch on Obama's gaffs.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Had this happened for McCain, there would have been 9,000 black clad paramilitary taking down every civilian within a 100 block radius with tear gas and electric shock.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
They follow him around, in case you didnt know. Its a small group, and the only one looking silly here is RUSH

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
first, I think we saw that the its is democrats in general that protest. They were in Colorado and Minnesota.

And people that protested peacefully (if not loud) were not taken down by any paramilitary organization.

The funny thing is that for Obama it always seems to be "small" groups, "fringe" elements, or crazy neo-cons that are racist, but with Mc Cain it is either the consensus of the US or the few people brave enough to stand up to the vast right wing conspiracy.

Why is it so hard to imagine a group of people...any group of people that disagree with Obama....

and for all of you disciples of the messiah... Jesus was crucified by people that disagreed with him... so, maybe you should expect people to question him and learn to use rational arguments on the issues to convince people rather than ad hominem attacks against people who disagree with you and Obama.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anti-abortion zealots are now somehow affiliated with the Democratic party because they are BLACK????

Look, this is one way the Repubs and Rush show their TRUE COLORS by saying that if someone is black they MUST vote Obama. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE RIGHT HAS A "BLACK PROBLEM". You assume.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nobody as said that black people must support Obama until you just did. Why even bring that up?

The point here is that people are protesting Obama! If you watch any MSM source, you would get the impression that outside of loony Republicans, everyone supports Obama.

Believe me, if these protesters were white, Rush still would have talked about it.

Once again we have an example of the only ones using race in this election are the Democrats and Obama supporters.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Nobody as said that black people must support Obama until you just did. Why even bring that up?

NYK..I love how attempt to defend something you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ!

FROM THE OP:

Yeah, it is work listening to an Obama speech these days. It is work being at an Obama rally. But this is on CNN. Their cameras caught it, black people protesting The Messiah.

Educate BEFORE you pontificate. Never mind, I know you are hopeless anyways.....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In case you didn't notice...they WERE BLACK!

So it's a crime or racism to point out the color of someones skin now?

You're taking the race thing way too far with this.

What do I know though...I'm hopeless.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Starred you for coming to terms with it.

Rush Limbaugh is a gluttonous bigoted hypocrite. Every time something comes out of his mouth and one of you quote it.....expect me to have a response.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I do.

And I expect that it will be as ill informed and out of line as everything else that comes out of your mouth.

I'm done with this thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Had this happened for McCain, there would have been 9,000 black clad paramilitary taking down every civilian within a 100 block radius with tear gas and electric shock.

That's the silliest statement I've heard this week.

No, make that this election season.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by nyk537

NYK..I love how attempt to defend something you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ!

FROM THE OP:

Yeah, it is work listening to an Obama speech these days. It is work being at an Obama rally. But this is on CNN. Their cameras caught it, black people protesting The Messiah.

Educate BEFORE you pontificate. Never mind, I know you are hopeless anyways.....

I believe the point of them pointing out that it was black people, is because it does not fit the mold of crazy WASP neo-con... which I think has been established by the media as being the only demographic that does not believe in the messiah

join