It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pope John Paul think Bush was the Anti-Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I read that Pope John Paul thought Bush was the anti-christ and I ask this question because I have felt the same way since he was elected.

WASHINGTON DC -- According to freelance journalist Wayne Madsden, "George W Bush's blood lust, his repeated commitment to Christian beliefs and his constant references to 'evil doers,' in the eyes of many devout Catholic leaders, bear all the hallmarks of the one warned about in the Book of Revelations--the anti-Christ."

Madsen, a Washington-based writer and columnist, who often writes for Counterpunch, says that people close to the pope claim that amid these concerns, the pontiff wishes he was younger and in better health to confront the possibility that Bush may represent the person prophesized in Revelations. John Paul II has always believed the world was on the precipice of the final confrontation between Good and Evil as foretold in the New Testament.

findarticles.com...

Has anyone else heard this?

You have Bush as a young boy blowing up frogs with firecrackers, he mocked Karla Faye Tucker begging for her life and he cheered when we bombed Iraq.

Is this guy a sociopath? If he is I would think that more trouble is coming before he leaves office. If he is a sociopath, he would push the button and blow everything up.

Either he's the anti-christ or he's creating the conditions for the anti-christ to come to power by creating all this chaos and putting in place rules and laws that will help give him more control.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
While his actions can be considered down right despicable, I doubt he is the anti-Christ.

If he were, then he would be claiming to be God.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
While his actions can be considered down right despicable, I doubt he is the anti-Christ.

If he were, then he would be claiming to be God.

To be fair, he does claim to talk to God...and get responses.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he was.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There is no anti-Christ

Even if there were, that sociopathic little-girl Dubya wouldn't make an anti-christ's toenail

Gee, he wouldn't even make it as a beginner Girl Guide

As it is, he doesn't even make a half competent puppet, despite having Cheyney's arm inside him and working his mouth

Dubya is a joke

an embarrassment

to the US and its citizenry

Because let's face it, Dubya's parents are beyond embarrassment .. beyond anything really

What a gene pool

eeerrrkkk

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Prominent Jewish Scholors seem to think so as well.
Not sure if this is the definition of THE anti-christ, but pretty damn close.

Start here... The Temple Institute

The following document, written and signed by the New Jewish Congress, The Sanhedrin, and The Holy Temple and Temple Mount Movements is to be presented to President George W. Bush upon his arrival in the land of Israel on the second day of the Hebrew month of Shvat 5768, (January 9, 2008).

Megillat Bush

28 Tevet, 5768 / January 6, 2008

In the Name of the Lord, Eternal God

To The Honorable Mr. George W. Bush,
President of the United States of America,

Who comes seeking the presence of the Most High God, to Jerusalem, city of God, Divinely chosen site of the Holy Temple, eternal capital of our land, "the joy of the entire earth (Psalms 48:3)," may it be rebuilt and established speedily and in our days, Amen!

Esteemed Mr. George W. Bush, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal (Ezekiel 38:1), leader of the west!

Does this sound familiar?

I cannot simultaneously support the establishment of a foreign state for an alien nation in the Land of Israel, and I will not lend my hand to this wrong.

Or - Heaven forbid - you can choose the second option - to willfully aid in the destruction, under the guise of peace!

From Ezekiel 38:1

And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Eze 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Eze 38:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Eze 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company [with] bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mecheng]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
One obvious thing that the Anti-Christ has that Bush definetly doesn't have-- people are supposed to like the Anti-Christ

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

That's interesting. I will read the entire thing. Thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

One obvious thing that the Anti-Christ has that Bush definetly doesn't have-- people are supposed to like the Anti-Christ

That's the truth though, they did like the Anti-Christ. Look what happened in the elections, and the proceeding 3 years of oddness. Of course, the end is drawing near, so there aren't so many supporters anymore, and this was also supposed to happen.

Get ready guys, the Games of Slaughter have begun.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wise Dome

The Antichrist arises from Babylon, he's an Arab. The antichrist also isn't interested in women.

Bush is married with children. Further proof the "vicar of Christ" has no idea what the Bible actually says. Or what Christ said for that matter.

He must emerge from the old Roman Empire, the eastern leg of that empire was mesopotamia, ancient Babylon.

The UN is making plans to move their headquarters to the site of ancient Babylon.

The antichrist will be Lord Maitreya, look him up. He will reveal himself at his "Day of Declaration", look it up. This "Day of Deceleration" mirrors the leaked info about Project Blue Beam, look it up.

And most importantly, STOP listening to the pope.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

i think the Israelis gave Bush a scroll, and in it, the title of 'Gog',

which is not anti-christ or false messiah.
supposedly the war of Gog-Magog precedes the Armageddon conflagration which happens later with the anti-christ

thanks for the link to the scroll presentation

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
thats funny his tems almost over and according to revalations the anti christ will be loved by all..lol dont think so
whats funny is when I was watching Oboma in europe wasnt it cool how all the peoples loved him . What 200,000 came to see him just a t one gathering it was at that time that i started thinking Oboma was the anti-christ
hmmmm dont figure

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
"Did Pope John Paul think Bush was the Anti-Christ?"
Well considering Johnny was a very educated man with several PHD's and spoke about 10 languages and Georgy is a moron.
I would say he just thought he was another Dhead.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Do you all think Bush is that smart ? I live in the US and i'm thinking NO.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would say its the other way around www.youtube.com...

George bush is just a puppet to the Catholic church with 130 Roman Catholics in Congress.

This site will give an idea how far the Vaticans influence is in Congress.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
George Bush wasn't in office when John Paul was pope.
John Paul only lasted a month before being murdered.
If John Paul II thought Bush43 was the Anti-Christ he certainly wouldn't say.

I DO remember John Paul II making a statement about Clinton - something about him never listening ... but that's as close to a personal dig that John Paul II ever made in reference to American presidents.

SR

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
'George bush is just a puppet to the Catholic church with 130 Roman Catholics in Congress. '

And there lies the crutch of the whole anti-christ and relevations argument and religion if you analyse it.

Satan is an enemy because of knowledge ergo you are an enemy or evil person of the church's empire for having knowledge etc. etc.

as witnessed through history check

The anti christ and false prophet comes and bring about the end of the world....

If....your a christian or part of the empire of christainity.

That's all it's about fearing someone smart enough one day to prove the myth for what it is. It's nothing more than empirical posturing.

It's blanket for the empire to hide under like how Islam and every other religion are works of flase prophets and satan according to the book it's believers follow and yet therein lies the irony the book validating the existence of the empire in the first place is hardly going to say otherwise is it.......

Not to mention throughout history hundreds of people have been named as the anti-christ.

Isn't it ironic how every generation has an anti-christ candidate and the same old problems and everything repeats in a cycle. Every recent generation in history has gone to the grave believing they'll witness the rapture and end times and 'be saved',

The answer has been infront of us all for along time.

Puppets to the Catholic church, No puppets to religion as a whole.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Alright bear with me, as an atheist its been years since iv read a bible. But from what I remember the anti-christ is supposed to 'pose' as jesus, healing people etc.. as far as I know bush as done nothing of the kind..

I also think the anti-christ would be a bit more intelligent than bush... Though I believe bush is just a figure-head for who's really in charge.. his ignorance is apparent every time he does a speech.

(Oh and before any bush supporters flame me.. No I don't like Obama, Hillary, Palin, or McCain any better.. Were Boned 08')

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

top topics

join