It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With friends like these...( Ahmadinejad supports Obama)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

With friends like these...( Ahmadinejad supports Obama)

www.boston.com

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad weighed in on the US presidential election today, noting that only one of the candidates supports restoring diplomatic contact with Iran.

In response to a question from an American student about whether he supports Democratic nominee Barack Obama or Republican John McCain, Ahmadinejad did not explicitly name Obama but said: “The American government 28 years ago decided on its own to cut its ties with Iran . . .We do prefer to have relations, whereas one of the candidates in this election would prefer that.”

Ahmadinejad, who met with about 400 American students on the sidelines of United Nations meetings in New York, was quick to say that Iranians “don’t interfere with the domestic affairs of the United States.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.zawya.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
How and why do you think Ahmadinejad supports Obama. This would be troubling to me if Ahmadinejad backed me in a presidential election.

I find it very troubling for a terror state to be even getting involved in our political system.

There were reports earlier that Obama and Clinton were negotiating with Iran early in the spring. I am not sure if it were true.

www.boston.com

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325

How and why do you think Ahmadinejad supports Obama. This would be troubling to me if Ahmadinejad backed me in a presidential election.

I find it very troubling for a terror state to be even getting involved in our political system.

There were reports earlier that Obama and Clinton were negotiating with Iran early in the spring. I am not sure if it were true.

www.boston.com

Why not we have been getting into theirs for 70 years.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A bit of a stretch, no?

Before Ahmadinejad spoke to the U.N., he told CNN's Larry King that he is willing to meet with presidential candidates Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama -- even in front of the media -- to discuss world issues and debate.

Using your logic he supports both Barack Obama AND John McCain! How fickle of him.

But he has no preference between the two, he said in the interview that aired Tuesday night on "Larry King Live."

Yes, this was the interview that I saw yesterday, he made it quite clear.

"We believe that these are issues relating to the domestic affairs of the United States," Ahmadinejad told Larry King of the presidential race, according to a transcript of the interview.

"And decisions pertaining to that must be made by the American people. And it's not important to us either," Ahmadinejad said. "What matters essentially is that the president that is chosen by the American people should adopt a path and a policy approach and for us to observe the policy approach.

Source - CNN

BTW, Ahmadinejad is just a figurehead, he answers to the Supreme Leader. If you can find out if the Ayatollah supports Obama then you might have something.

new topics

top topics

join