It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Happening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It’s happening, it’s really happening - I’ve been saying it since Katrina. I don’t feel it all the time, but occasionally I’ll be reading or watching the news and keeping up on current events when the feeling will sweep over me and I know… It’s happening. I don’t know what the It is, but I know it is occurring and will affect many of us.

I’ve actually spent the last couple years trying to determine what the It is and I’ve come across so many possible scenarios, it’s impossible to cling to any one truth. I suspect they all contain some truth - bits and pieces scattered around to keep us guessing. And although it seems many seekers disagree on several levels, most of us are getting those odd flashes, perhaps reminders, that what ever is going to happen is underway.

We feel it in our bones, we feel it in the way our eyes fall on the clock at certain times, everyday. We feel it in those strange moments when we are taken aback by everyday sights, suddenly seeing them from a new perspective. We feel it in our dreams and those quiet moments between sleeping and waking when we suddenly receive insights and visions and awake knowing more than we did before we went to bed.

The signs are around us, both obvious and hidden - the markers of change. And we recognize them on some level, whether or not we choose to acknowledge it. I wonder, at times, how we know these signs, how we “remember” them, but at this point it no longer matters. We see the events escalating around us and the fear grows thicker with each passing day. And although I can’t see what is on the other side of the hill, I feel very certain that fear is not necessary.

Fear has been piped into our consciousness, feeding an energy that we cannot see. There are a lot of names for what this energy may be, but if we strip down the words and levels of reality, we come to the conclusion, that what ever it is, it simply is and has always been. But we don’t have to be pulled down by this fearful energy thief, like crabs in a bucket, I believe that rising above the fear is what we are supposed to be doing right now, instead of falling into the horrors pumped out by the 24/7 propaganda barrage.

Some believe that nothing ever changes, but history tells a different tale and we are on the verge of changes, but how they will manifest I do not know. I do believe, however, that we have more power than we know and it is not written in stone that we will simply become victims of forces we perceive to be greater than us. I believe it is possible to create our own small paradise even in the midst of all the chaos.

There are many gurus and false prophets sent to guide us, but deep in our hearts we know a true prophet would not sing his own praises. A true spiritual leader would not say, “look at me”, but, rather, “look inside”. And a genuine guru would never inform us we have no power and must fight; he would know we have all the power and should simply be.

We live in an over-stimulated world with millions vying for attention, but there is a lot to be said for being still and hearing silence. As the media harps on financial doom, as the storms boil in the seas and as the wars rage, we must find that quiet spot within to retreat, to refresh, to regroup in the face of chaos. The Cherokee once warned that in the end of days time would speed up, events would escalate and the way to survive would be to slow down - the faster the world spins, the slower the wise ones would become.

Despite our knowing that the media spins truth to fit a pre-arranged agenda, our fear, our reptile brain, does not recognize the illusion and when our news anchors allude to fear, we are well programmed to take it as truth. Fear is the desired response, not the truth. Fear keeps us in our place, mired in the depths of confusion, never realizing the power we hold. Fear keeps us running the straight line, rarely stopping for breath or studying the view around us. How can we see beyond the veil of illusion when we are constantly worried, fearful and rushed?

The media paints a picture of what is occurring, but we do not have to accept that picture as our own. Whatever is happening - is happening and we always knew it would - many of us came into the world knowing. And we must remember that no celebrity, politician, prophet or guru can lead us to safety, only through slowing down and looking inside can we find the key. We have the knowledge, we were born with it and now is the time to embrace it and rise above this falling house of cards.

Be Still
turtlesvoice.blogspot.com...

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Vikturtle]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
Whatever is happening - is happening and we always knew it would - many of us came into the world knowing. And we must remember that no celebrity, politician, prophet or guru can lead us to safety, only through slowing down and looking inside can we find the key.

Oh good lord, calm down. Maybe crack open a history book. So things seem bad? Guess what, just about EVERY generation has faced big bad scary things, most have faced things a LOT scarier than what we are facing.

In the old days it might have been massive disease epidemics wiping out their communities (can you imagine what the Black Plague did to people? Can you imagine seeing 90% of your city die? It happened, and I am quite sure they truly believed it was the end of the world). Or in the 60’s the threat of nuclear annihilation. Or even the great depression with people throwing themselves out of windows and the masses living in poverty?

Such drama. Stuff happens, it always has and it always will. Just because this may be new to you in your lifetime, it certainly does not herald some apocalyptic change.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I don't know how you see this as such a fearful statement that I must "calm down", nor did I mention any apocalyptic scenarios. The message is to rise above the fear, changes are coming, period.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
I don't know how you see this as such a fearful statement that I must "calm down", nor did I mention any apocalyptic scenarios. The message is to rise above the fear, changes are coming, period.

Oh it sounds pretty apocalyptic to me! "It" is happening! You can feel "it" coming? That is drama. You did not mention specific scenarios, but you certainly allude to them.

And of course changes are coming. Change is the one sure thing.

Or if I misunderstood your post, are you saying a huge change is NOT coming? Huge as in bigger than anything mankind has seen before?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Gotta run along side Sonya on this one, it came on a little heavy.

But part of me agreed with the non-vague parts. Yeah, things are going to get worse for a little while longer here most likely.

But don't worry all that much, it'll all turn out as it needs to. Even if we aren't here to see it

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What's happening? Hopefully the answer to that is happening?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"IT" is always happening which is why you probably experience the feeling that "IT" is happening. "IT" is also known as "life."

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

This was posted on the metaphysical forum and I figure those of a metaphysical mindset will understand. Nor did I mention "huge" changes that the world has never seen before, just changes that I cannot define. The message is to rise above the fear, and I suspect that in the coming months the fear will be strong.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow, I agree with every single word you said. Something is definately up.

I'll be waiting for it in uncertainty, but not in fear.

Once you realize the truth, there's nothing to fear.

There's nothing to fear, but fear itself.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

I still don't understand how this is such a "heavy" article. If reminding people to trust themselves instead of the myriad of gurus and self-professed prophets is heavy, well then... I guess I really have fallen through the mirror.

I would suggest that some on here "calm down".

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Thank you for that post.. Yes, you are right you can feel it in your bones.
Experience shivers up your spine? I always thought that was the Holy Spirit talking to me. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Thank God. I was beginning to worry.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 24/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

People throughout history have always felt as though they are on the brink of change.

It's just now with the digital age and so much being bombarded at us, so many theories and "cults" and whatever.... it's like an overload of the senses.

I kind of agree with the general "there is something not right" with the world, governments and so on, but....when has there ever been anything right with 'em??

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Sure thing Mapsurfer, thanks for reading. I kinda think that recognition comes from the Spirit. It's sure feels like "remembering", an insight into something we don't understand and I know I'm not the only one. Thanks for responding.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

exactly how I view it. If you look over the history of the world, you can see patterns... like waves. sometimes the world is at the bottom of a wave, sometimes at the top, and sometimes somewhere on the way up or way down. Seems like maybe we are on the way down. But never have things been steady.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Do you want to be a turtle or a rabbit? or somewhere in between? Life is about being one with the universe. Find your balance and be observant. You will find progress slow and steady.. Try to avoid alcohol.. all kinds of problems with addiction. Eat Right and get plenty of rest. Healthy living is a good thing.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Yep, definitely.

I doubt they ever will be steady.

As the cliche goes, "history repeats itself".

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here's a thread that supports that feeling you're getting!

Web Bot's Prediction

It's coming, and alot sooner than you think!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I felt "it" this morning and it spooked me so much, I started a Thread in the FSME/Mod Pub. (which I could link you to, but, that would be moot unless you're staff)

I signed on this morning to ATS and while looking at the Recent Posts, I was almost overwhelmed by a feeling of Panic. In one split second, I saw all the dots connect concerning 9-11, The War on Terror, The Patriot Act, The Iraq "War", The Bailout, The next POTUS, U.S. Politics and the Fed (up).
It aaaallll clicked for one shiney, glowing moment. I saw the past. I saw the present and then I saw the future.

Dismal enough to spook me and I, dear friends, consider myself a rock.

I'm seeing more and more of these kinds of threads by all different kinds of members (now myself included) and wonder (now) whether "it" is nothing to quite sneeze at.
Don't mock because you don't see the "It" the OP refers to. I didn't see "it" until this morning. I saw my "It".

Thanks for Posting this Topic, OP. I flagged and starred.
Cuhail

top topics

<<   2 >>

join