It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the bible Misunderstanding and some false stuff? *Edit by poster*Stuff on Religions and our world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Christians. Most the # was not even written till after two hundred years. OH and king james had his hand in creating it. Kings are power hungry control freaks.

(Dont even get me started on Islam. Such a terrible religion with all the jahadists. At least you dont see Christians blowing each other up for jihad. To go further with this. Does america realy want a Islamic state such as isreal to have nukes? # NO! You know how dificult it would be to keep them out of the hands of the crazy secret service of iran. Only problem is we have no conrtol over it. As its a oil thing for russia. They dont give a # about us. So the best thing we could do is close our boarders. Stop playing around always trying to be the police of the world.....and care for our selfs only. Stop the hate of America for our future.)

Anyways....
Gnosticism: The way to personal salvation and enlightenment is through direct personal experience of truth: Like using common sense and morality to explore, have fun and learn in Gods universe. 1 plus 1 = 2. Christianity: Faith is the only acceptable path. (Most Christians dont even know what christ means. It means one who is in touch with the divine. Most think its his last name. lol) This is why I'm a gnostic. I look at the bible as stories / myths not to take literal....They are stories to learn from with a moral code. Most of which I agree with, like the positive things such as the ten commandments.
video.google.com...
What religion are you...Is their holes in it? Holy. hehe

pointing out that there is holes in our religions does not make me evil. God gave us brains.

God Bless

ps. I love GOD and I love Jesus the Christ.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Idiotrocker]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Idiotrocker

Dont even get me started on Islam. Such a terrible religion with all the jahadists.

This is a rookie comment...your generalization sucks a$$. They have their radicals, and we have our ignorant. Wonder who got the short end of the stick there...?

The way to personal salvation and enlightenment is through direct personal experience of truth. - Like using common sense and morality to explore, have fun and learn in Gods universe.

Holy Oxymoron...look at the words in bold...doesn't something seem wrong there...

I cannot really pin point what you want to discuss here; if it is religion, you should study up some more prior to starting a thread of this nature...

grammar edit

[edit on 9/24/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hate radicals who are willing to kill i the name of their religion... Not enough to kill them though. #ing mongoloids go against their own beliefs.

Like...

Remember how long Islam and Christianity has been fighting. Jesus Christ. #ing insane.

Ps. Im just making a fun post. Dont like it? Go move to a islamic state then youl see which is worse.

BTW.

Both of those are desert religions. I say start at the fundamentals. Hermetics.Then start one that does not have death so glorified.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sure there is a after life...But this could be heaven if people wernt so #ing retarded.
www.youtube.com...

"Dont throw Perls of wisdom at swine. lol"

"Im going to heaven, cuase god loves people that think with GOD in their heart. Why he gave us a mind"

- Punk Idiot.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Religion is BS, made up by man to control people's thinking and actions. IT'S NOT REAL.

Move on with your life....

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I would not take such a narrow view.. perhaps you should open your mind to the idea that God does exist.. Yup it's true. and I sense that perhaps a feminine entity.

Regards,

-map

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

I would not take such a narrow view.. perhaps you should open your mind to the idea that God does exist.. Yup it's true. and I sense that perhaps a feminine entity.

'Yup, it's true, but I don't know the sex.' I don't know the form mate. Radicals are that, but the rest of the BS seems to feed off of it. Do we know our creator intimately? Not unless we've been fiddled whilst young by a Catholic priest.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

" Is the bible lies? Stuff on Religions our world and future."

First off, there's a difference between, The Book, and liars, AKA as wolves in sheeps clothing. If you don't understand that part, you'll never understand the rest. Wolves in sheeps clothing are the ones responsible for the current condition, among other things.

A typical evolutionists assume all creationists believe the world was created in 6 days and is only 6,000 years old. WRONG!!!!! A day to the Lord is as a thousand years to man, and THIS earth age is about 6,000 years old, but the earth is a lot older. And there is a third earth age coming.

So don't lump us all together with those who are confused believers.

From what I can tell, you have not done your homework. Perhaps after you find a real pastor, not a real fake, and you get a teaching from him instead of a preaching like the frauds like to pass on. Then you'll be on your way to an understanding. Be prepared to find the ratio of fakes to real ones to be very very high. Assuming you'd even bother looking.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
King James didn't write the bible. He did make his own version, but he didn't "have a hand in it".

If you think the bible is lies, then it's because you don't understand it. Which I don't quite blame people for. Anyone who actually does teach it so that it can be understood on a mass scale has been "dealt" with in some form or another.

The bible as you understand it IS a lie. Because it's been manipulated by people who want you to worship the image of Jesus instead of understanding and following his path - which is the path to freedom.

The church today worships the death of Jesus, instead of his life. They see his death as a "get out of jail free" card so long as they simply "believe" in his image. Not even actually believing what he stood for, what he taught or even understanding WHY he died on the cross. These people are misled. These are the people who go around hiding behind the cross wanting to judge people and kill in the name of the religion. The Catholic church is the first beast of revelations, it did all the crusades and such. That is not the teaching of Jesus. But people will gladly wave that cross around to gain support for evil things. The same people who will quote the old testament, even though Jesus had a different message.

But there is no doubt very much truth in the bible. Especially in what Jesus says. However you don't even need the bible to learn it. And even the bible says this.

I personally didn't learn from the bible. I got my understanding in everyday life by watching the things going on with an honest perspective. To get that perspective you have to look at all sides of a story/event. And there is usually more than 2 sides. But I gained all this understanding, and then I seen it repeated in the bible.

Over and over I would see random bible quotes appearing here and there and I would be like OMG that is exactly right. I gained this understanding/connection with god, and how he is "in me(consciousness)". From that point on it was like I was looking at the world with a new set of eyes.

But I never understood it before. I'd seen those same quotes many times, they didn't make much sense to me. Now they do. But I don't know how to exactly teach it. To know what it says is 1 thing, but to actually understand it and why is a totally other thing. I understand now what it means to be "blind".

You don't see "Christians" being persecuted these days. The president of the most powerful country in the world claims to be christian. There is no persecution going on there, because they aren't christians. They follow the lie.

But what is persecuted at an ever increasing rate is those who follow the path of Jesus. If you were against the Iraq war, as Jesus would have been, then you were labeled unpatriotic. I was called so many names it's not even funny. I was even called a anti-american liberal, when I'm a strict conservative - outside of judging people for social crimes(I don't believe in Judging people - not to be confused with having an opinion).

So is the bible lies? No. But what people pass off as being christian certainly is.

Prime example that goes right to the heart of the topic. The death of Jesus. These people say that Christ died on the cross for their sins and as long as they believe that it's A-OK. That he "washed away" the sins of people who believe in him.

But the bible also says those who truly believe will follow his path. Who do you think will be the people saying they "know" him, to which he responds "I know you not"?

And why would god need to sacrifice his only son just to wash away their sins? Is god suddenly not powerful enough to just do this himself? Of course he is. The truth of this subject is that Jesus came here to show people the correct way to live. He came to be an example. And he showed that it is better to die than to become evil yourself, as he could fully fight back if he wanted. He showed the path and how god acts on earth.

Of course it's hard to get people to war against his fellow man, and set out a path of destruction if that was actually taught. But a whole lot easier if you tell people just to believe and do whatever you want, and it's all good.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

First off, there's a difference between, The Book, and liars,

Yep, liars ocassionally admit to it, that 'book' does not.

AKA as wolves in sheeps clothing. If you don't understand that part, you'll never understand the rest.

Yup, if your lie is that flimsy....... any wolf will tear into it.

Wolves in sheeps clothing are the ones responsible for the current condition, among other things.

Try management clothing. Administration has undone us all.

A typical evolutionists assume all creationists believe the world was created in 6 days and is only 6,000 years old. WRONG!!!!! A day to the Lord is as a thousand years to man, and THIS earth age is about 6,000 years old, but the earth is a lot older.

You're getting it with the science......

And there is a third earth age coming.

Lost my faith there for a moment. When was the second? The first?

hold this space.....

From what I can tell, you have not done your homework. Perhaps after you find a real pastor, not a real fake, and you get a teaching from him instead of a preaching like the frauds like to pass on. Then you'll be on your way to an understanding.

That showed both confusion and lack of understanding (respect)

Be prepared to find the ratio of fakes to real ones to be very very high. Assuming you'd even bother looking.

No, we're not looking for that. Maybe fakes that lie down and admit it straight way, but that's a game.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Right on. It's so refreshing to see someone who actually understand these days. But I think it's going to increase. I only started to understand a little less than 2 years ago.

I was "saved" so many times as a kid. I went to alot of different churches and different kinds of churches(my mom didn't force things on me). And everytime I would go I would be told I looked lost. I'm guessing because I wasn't buying into the hype.

And then they would just tell me I was saved. They never taught me anything, or tried to help me understand.

I completely rejected the bible for many years as a result, and religion. All I seen was all the bad stuff that was being done in the name of Jesus. Learned a few understandings the hard way, and then seen them repeated in the bible. Sooo glad I finally got the truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Find the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus even wants women having the same rights as men, but that is right at the end, and I only listen to the Gospels, with their infinite wisdom.......

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yeah, it's the "STUFF" that's suspect.

The real answer: These are issues you must decide on your own, young weedhopper. I consider the Bible a document based loosely upon history of a select people, written within context of glorifying them.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Is it the book thats lying, or is it your perspective on what it says make it a lie?

And fool can know, the point is to understand - Einstein.

You sound like the kind of person who focuses on the image and symbols in the bible, rather than actually understanding the philosophy and understandings that are being taught. That is what it means to be blind. You can't see the understanding being taught because you are too wrapped up in the images.

You ever read a story and then understand what the moral of the story was? Try that on the bible instead of trying to view the images as "fact".

Also, I'm not sure if he is right about the number of earths, but he is completely right in principle. The ancient religions have it as more like in the 4th or 5th range, but it's pretty well impossible to know for sure. I'd be willing to bet he gets 2nd because of genesis. But the number isn't the part that matters, but rather the pattern/cycle of it. And in that respect, he is right.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
reply to post by badmedia

Find the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus even wants women having the same rights as men, but that is right at the end, and I only listen to the Gospels, with their infinite wisdom.......

This is much better than your previous post. I am glad to hear you look at the wisdom rather than the images. It didn't appear as such in your previous post.

I'm not familiar with the Gospel of Thomas. However I never got my understanding from the bible itself. It's a nice tool and such, don't get me wrong. But I sincerely believe you can get the same understandings without it. It's difficult at times to bring up the bible because of all the things people think it mean already. So the majority of the time, I try to teach and show the philosophy instead of referring people to a book.

Even when talking to other christians it's extremely hard. Because they quote the bible and it's like - I see you quoting, but do you actually understand.

In my understanding I have come to realize 1 universal law. And that is not to infringe on another beings free will. From that you can easily get more laws that follow. Such as murder, theft etc. So Jesus wanting women to be treated equally falls right in line with such, and it doesn't surprise me at all if he did.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by redled

Is it the book thats lying, or is it your perspective on what it says make it a lie?

And fool can know, the point is to understand - Einstein.

Everything is a lie, it's how we replace the lie....

You sound like the kind of person who focuses on the image and symbols in the bible, rather than actually understanding the philosophy and understandings that are being taught. That is what it means to be blind. You can't see the understanding being taught because you are too wrapped up in the images.

No, I worry about the dangerous power of the images, I see the deeper truth, we are all equal in the context of creation.

You ever read a story and then understand what the moral of the story was? Try that on the bible instead of trying to view the images as "fact".

Stretching here, Aesop's Assertions?

Also, I'm not sure if he is right about the number of earths, but he is completely right in principle. The ancient religions have it as more like in the 4th or 5th range, but it's pretty well impossible to know for sure. I'd be willing to bet he gets 2nd because of genesis. But the number isn't the part that matters, but rather the pattern/cycle of it. And in that respect, he is right.

Wasn't really talking about that. They're all a bit a waste of space. Forget the rules, remember the rules, there are no rules, and you can break them.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

" Lost my faith there for a moment. When was the second? The first? "

C'mon!!!!!

You're NOT EVEN TRYING here!

If the 1st is over and the third is yet to come, we are in the 2nd earth age.

I'm sorry you are ignorant of The Word, but none of us were born knowing it, we all had to learn.

I can see you're not very interested in truly learning anything, you're just interested in how you can diss the believers and pat yourself on the back.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
Everything is a lie, it's how we replace the lie....

Every man will think he is right.

No, I worry about the dangerous power of the images, I see the deeper truth, we are all equal in the context of creation.

I realized this after you mentioned the wisdom rather than image in your other post.

Stretching here, Aesop's Assertions?

No, not at all. For me, someone could come out and prove that every image/person in the bible is completely fake/lie. And it wouldn't matter to me at ALL. Not 1 single bit. It would not shake my belief at all. Because I truly believe it doesn't matter. The philosophy involved is the truth. I would consider that the moral of the story.

Wasn't really talking about that. They're all a bit a waste of space. Forget the rules, remember the rules, there are no rules, and you can break them.

Well you've kind of raised the level of understanding here. I don't disagree at all. On another(higher) level you are 100% correct. As I understand it, the universe is static with all possibilities completely available, and the soul merely moves along. There is a path your soul takes while on this journey, and for me that is where Jesus comes in, to show that path.

I'm trying. Still got 30+ years of disbelief to get past though

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I'm trying. Still got 30+ years of disbelief to get past though

I'm still trying, it's Catholcism that got to me........

Oh, by the way, the first age ended before the dinosaurs. We're in about age 5, version 1.6.2

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

First off, there's a difference between, The Book, and liars, AKA as wolves in sheeps clothing. If you don't understand that part, you'll never understand the rest. Wolves in sheeps clothing are the ones responsible for the current condition, among other things.

A typical evolutionists assume all creationists believe the world was created in 6 days and is only 6,000 years old. WRONG!!!!! A day to the Lord is as a thousand years to man, and THIS earth age is about 6,000 years old, but the earth is a lot older. And there is a third earth age coming.

From what I can tell, you have not done your homework. Perhaps after you find a real pastor, not a real fake, and you get a teaching from him instead of a preaching like the frauds like to pass on. Then you'll be on your way to an understanding. Be prepared to find the ratio of fakes to real ones to be very very high. Assuming you'd even bother looking.

I was drunk when I wrote lies. Misunderstanding...and some false stuff is what I meant. Written 200 years after Jesus.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idiotrocker
Gnosticism: The way to personal salvation and enlightenment is through direct personal experience of truth:

Gnosticism? Never heard of that. How do you smoke that stuff?

new topics

top topics

join