It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking-Busiest Train Line in The UK Closed, Man with Rifle Attacking Police Helicopters & Trains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thousands of people will be stranded in London and the South.

It appears to be a "Lone" gunman and armed police, helicopters and dog's are hunting him;

Police are searching for a gunman who fired shots at train carriages on one of the country's busiest rail links, forcing the suspension of all services.

A spokesman for Warwickshire Police said that movement was halted on the railway line, one of the main routes between Birmingham and London, to ensure public safety.

Speaking at about 10.15pm, he said: "It was announced over the tannoy that a gunman had been taking pot shots at trains, which meant our journey was going to be severely delayed. It is not clear when we will be able to move again."

Telegraph UK

Still could possibly be terrorism, but probably a copycat of the Norwegian tragedy.

I hope he is stopped before he kills anyone.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

Edit on BBc now too;

BBC

"The first one said that someone was firing at a police helicopter with a rifle and about 20 minutes ago the guard said the whole station, including the tracks, have been declared a crime scene and we can't move until that changes.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The police are being very tight lipped about this,

He would not comment on whether officers were in negotiations at the scene but described the police operation as "ongoing".

Press Association

Theres a mad gunman out there now, I wish he was after the Bankers not the Trains :-)

Elf

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thats a weird one, where the trains not going fast then?

This world is just going manic

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
he might be trying to accelrate himself beyond the sound barrier.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wow real life GTA, looks like the gunman got rid of his wanted level.

Ah joking, I hope everyone is safe now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

No its ongoing now Pheonix, Still the possibilty of terrorism as taking shot's at a Police Helicopter;

Armed officers, a police helicopter and dogs were at an industrial area in Rugby, Warwickshire, searching for a person suspected of possible firearms offences.

Sky

However this is strange as only 2 weeks ago again in the same town Rugby;

Armed officers swoop after gunshots in Rugby

Coventry Telegraph,

Does not look connected, except if we look at the wider increase in these type of terrible events.

Elf.

Ps Phoenix great avatar!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Ah I see, I read the words last night and it confused me but I guess they ment tonight.

Let's hope nothing too bad happens. Probably some gangsters, thugs or trouble makers or something, I hope we find out.

Haha thanks for the avatar compliment!

[edit on 24-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well looks like the original reports were false, or there is some sort of dressing down of this taking place,

Trains services on the West Coast mainline have resumed after being suspended while armed police searched for a suspected gunman in Warwickshire.

"The comprehensive search of the area continued until after 11pm but no offender was located," the spokesman added.

BBC

And in addition they are stating it was a BB gun, however would they honestly admit it if anyone firing at them with a rifle got away?

Kind regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

join