It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bail Out or no, THEY will take control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ok.. I am going to wait for Bush' speech, later on today, but a feeling is beginning to sneak up on me that, if that bill is not passed as is, it will be the stick they will use on us for years to come.

The economy will probably fail, bail out or not, but no matter what the outcome, they will erode our rights even more. I can already hear them say it, Paulson, Bernanke, and Bush, "you didn't support us when our great country needed you most and it is self evident that the people in it do not know what is good for them, therefore, we have decided to suspend congress until further notice..".

This may never happen of course, but I believe that "They", whoever they may be, want complete and total power.

I know.. I am paranoid.. Am I??

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hiya Lebowski, good to meet you.

I completely agree.... I'm pissed at seeing the bailout being posed as a partisan/political problem. I think the groundword was made for this crisis long ago, and has been ignored by all party affiliations for years. It's not like it suddently sneaked up on us.... I mean there have been reports pointing toward this outcome for YEARS.... it's part of why we left the country 14 years ago.

It's going to take some real honesty (yes, I said the "H" word), some dilligent work, and less knee-jerk reactions to even begin to make this work in a way that doesn't wipe out the average family's assets. It's a pivotal point, and I don't think it matters much who is elected President in regard to addressing the economic turmoil.

As you noted, there is an enormous vulnerability to salvage part or all of the economy, but at the loss of freedoms and rights. I think the American people have to be vigilant, and not accept a shiny-coated solution that sounds too good to be true in lieu of their Constitutionally-granted freedoms. It's gonna be an interesting ride.

Be safe.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks Argentus. Good to meet you too.

I think the outcome is irrelevant, to be honest. Whether this proposal passes or not, they will take full control, one way or the other. I think they underestimated the people's reaction to this, as I did, but they will have a Plan B.

They apparently have been working on this for months so I am sure they are the men with the plan.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I can't help but feel like you are right. It'll start with the vote, which Congress will not pass. Then in that scenario the executive branch is going to call it a national emergency to bail out the credit based economy and it's going to cost twice as much or more then. I cringe thinking about it.

new topics

top topics

join