It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure - Contact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Watch Former Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer:

A very respectable man shedding light on Major Issues.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Interesting talk. I think the link between global destruction of nature and aliens is rather funny. But that might just be me since I remember most other races as being 'not nice' and 'oppertionistic' (that's me saying it the nice understated way). Neglecting that minor remark;

I think earth really could use some help in beiing restored. If my estimations are right, and they usually are, then even with a full stop it will be too late. (lucky for me because math is not my strong point, chaos estimations are)

Fact is that even if we stop global pollution complete as of tomorrow the damge done to this ball of mud will increase the global warming for the next one hundred years and of course the Ice age that will follow as a result of the heating in combination of vaporised water covering the earths atmosphere.

Last time an incident 15.000 years ago might ended the ice age prematurely but that will not happen again. Ow yeah, don't trust the the little guys from the 50's. I wish I could remember why, but the human mind is not suited for the long term history I need to extract the information out of. All I remember is that they are 'not clean' and something about extortion in combination with profit. Thou I can't imagion any race being interested in a backwater mudball like earth with absolutely no value except for the very rare amout of species that actually breath oxygen and are carbonbased.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by AncientShade]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
He gave a wonderful speech. I've followed his statements and read everything I could about him, but that was a while ago now. This is a most impressive talk he gave. Now this should have been on cbc so the country could have seen it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There you go ^_^.

Another very respectible man with no negative qualities coming forward.

How many more times do we need this to come from "the horse's mouth" before people wake up?

I hope the people that don't know are informed, because this is no joke or disinformation campaign.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HanyouSpirit

Exactly, people are stuck in their own reality (exsheeple).

People keep saying were is the evidence, they wont accept video's etc they are waiting for the propaganda box (tv) to tell them.

The real evidence keeps getting hidden away (straight away).

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In truth i'm not sure abot this man. I don't know whether he's teling the truth or if he's just gone off the deep end and is mentally unstable. It's very hard to say however the fact that he quotes Steven Greer at the end does not lend credibility to his story. Greer started off well and then went off the hippy deep end, serious new age stuff. I don't know whether Greer himself is insane, a truth teller or a brilliant con man.

Basically this man is very smart and he must know that playing to the alternate crowd will make him a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanyouSpirit

No negative qualities? He must be Superman or Jesus Christ, then.

How many more times do we need this to come from "the horse's mouth" before people wake up?

You're looking in the wrong place for what is required to wake up. How about solid evidence: physical confirmation, testable theories, etc. You know, all those pesky scientific things.

I hope the people that don't know are informed, because this is no joke or disinformation campaign.

It's not? Prove it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

You're looking in the wrong place for what is required to wake up. How about solid evidence: physical confirmation, testable theories, etc. You know, all those pesky scientific things.

It's not? Prove it.

Look, i do not have any solid proof, and i don't wanna go find all the evidence that has already been mentioned, gathered, shown, in various tv programs, radio broadcasts, internet vidoes, photos, eye-witness accounts, contactees, channellers, mediums, ancient texts, ..... you get the idea.

But the evidence is there, and it is up to you whether you believe it , deem it scientifically valid, or not. This is all my personal opinion, and i forgot to mention it before, so i am sorry.

As for him having no negative qualities, i have lived in canada most my life, and so far i have not heard, seen, or read anything negative about him, so from my personal knowledge, he is "the horse's mouth" yet again, but that is my opinion.

And yes, i know im looking in the wrong place for the absolute proof. It could be a long time before we get it.

I do apologize for my first post, because i know i should have been more clear as to what i really meant.

Finally, In my own opinion, i believe this man, i also believe the nasa astraunauts, and i believe in some of the stuff i have personally seen, had dreams about, heard, read, watched, and listened to.

There, is that better ^_^

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

It's not? Prove it.

Please try to add to the topic at hand, instead of generalized attacks on other users for their views. This man DOESN'T, in fact, display any negative qualities, like the FICTIONAL CHARACTER (superman hasn't been proven to exist now, has he?), or Religious characters you've brought up to ridicule his point of view. Grow up.

You aren't a skeptic, You seem to take pride in making others feel bad, in my opinion. Hope it makes up for whatever you're missing in life. You're the type of person who will NEVER find SOLID EVIDENCE... even if a craft were to land in your own backyard, you'd have some way to call it a hoax.

Perhaps you should read more, and post less, if you have nothing actually constructive to say.

In response to the OP:

Great post. I hadn't seen this before, and I really respect this man, as he was a very close friend of my late Grandfather. I really do believe that people should take notice of the amount of " Higher Up's ", like NASA Astronauts, High ranking military personnel, and Government officials coming forward for who knows how long, with their talk of these occurrences. All the evidence is there, for those who choose to seek it out... All people need to do is find it for themselves.

Most people on this site, I've noticed, who claim to be 'Skeptics' are simply unable to think 'outside the box', and are really not Skeptics, but people who would prefer to name any evidence/video/story/contact a fake, using childish tactics, such as name calling and sarcasm, to mask the fact that they have nothing better to say than 'it's fake, and you're an idiot.'

Starred and Flagged!!

Jephers0n

[edit on 25-9-2008 by jephers0n]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh my goodness,
This Man was a former defense Minister for Canada? That in it's self scares me lol.
Then, he goes on to quote another man who actually talked to the "ET's"
The "ET's" think we are stupid. Well, why don't they make landings at our flight schools and "smarten us up" on how to avoid them. Here finally, is our solid evidence that "ET's" are real. We should believe this man because he is a former defense minister for Canada - he must be telling the truth!
Well, I will put up an ex President of the US and his truth "I did not have sexual relations with that woman", versus your ex defense minister "The ET's are real".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The trust for a person is in your own judgement, the person is exposing and asking for the right information too.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jephers0n
Please try to add to the topic at hand, instead of generalized attacks on other users for their views. This man DOESN'T, in fact, display any negative qualities, like the FICTIONAL CHARACTER (superman hasn't been proven to exist now, has he?), or Religious characters you've brought up to ridicule his point of view. Grow up.

I am adding to the topic at hand by pointing out the usual rap sheet of unsupported claims and generalizations that tend to be made here on ATS. If people would quit making them, I'd quit pointing it out.

Of course the man has negative qualities. He is a man, after all. (Psst...that means he's human. You get where I'm going with that, I'm sure.)

You aren't a skeptic, You seem to take pride in making others feel bad, in my opinion. Hope it makes up for whatever you're missing in life. You're the type of person who will NEVER find SOLID EVIDENCE... even if a craft were to land in your own backyard, you'd have some way to call it a hoax.

Ah, if only I'd ever heard this response before. Did I make him feel bad? I doubt it. He certainly didn't say as much. I'm sorry, I'll make a note to hand out teddy bears and boxes of chocolates next time I respond to another "this guy is just so great that surely this all must be true" thread.

Finally, you're dead wrong about what it would take for me. Again, another cliche reply. Just because believers NEVER have that same solid evidence doesn't mean I wouldn't accept it--it just means once again you've failed to provide it.

Life is so unfair, I know.

Most people on this site, I've noticed, who claim to be 'Skeptics' are simply unable to think 'outside the box', and are really not Skeptics, but people who would prefer to name any evidence/video/story/contact a fake, using childish tactics, such as name calling and sarcasm, to mask the fact that they have nothing better to say than 'it's fake, and you're an idiot.'

Ok, seriously, are you getting your responses from the Top 100 Believers' Retorts to Skeptics? Yes, yes, you're right--it's not that I require some sort of verifiable proof for what is probably the most significant scientific possibility of the last 2,000 years--I'm just not being open minded enough.

You're acting like I railed this guy and tore him a new one. I didn't. I asked for proof, I pointed out that no one is completely without negatives, and I called for evidence. Shame on me.

I'm off to bury my head in the sand.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by thrashee]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by thrashee]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I love skeptics, who do they really believe?? UFO's are above top secret as explained by the highest whistleblowers!

And when you do your real research and that leads you back to Quantum Physics and you then realise anything is possible!! FACT

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyonder

great video,thanks for sharing it

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyonder
I love skeptics, who do they really believe?? UFO's are above top secret as explained by the highest whistleblowers!

That's where you get confused: skeptics aren't concerned with belief, they're concerned with verifiable knowledge. The President of the United States could tell us all his own personal encounters with aliens; that wouldn't make for a scientifically verifiable theory.

And when you do your real research and that leads you back to Quantum Physics and you then realise anything is possible!! FACT

Huh? What on earth does quantum physics have to do with alien disclosure? Quantum physics has been bastardized and thoroughly misunderstood by the masses as some kind of mystical catch-all used for backing up everything from time travel to...well, apparently alien disclosure. The FACT of the matter is, quantum physics is still largely theory only--not fact--and most quantum physicists themselves don't fully comprehend the field itself.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Skeptic it dependends on your deeper conscioness and hiigher understanding.

You read a book with a golf ball size consciousness, you will have a golf ball size understanding of it!

The brain is like a parachute, it works best when its open!

Ignorance and ego is the block, and they program you like that to- just relax skeptic and you will learn!?

Maybe, but you know everything that is possible- Yeah!!

EGO is the killer to true wisdom!! relax

After you have felled every tree and taken every fish, you cant eat money!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyonder
Skeptic it dependends on your deeper conscioness and hiigher understanding.

Yes, of course it does. Because surely the truth isn't apparent in factual information, verifiable sources, etc. Silly me.

You read a book with a golf ball size consciousness, you will have a golf ball size understanding of it!

The brain is like a parachute, it works best when its open!

Open it too far, and it blows back upon itself, and down you plunge.

Ignorance and ego is the block, and they program you like that to- just relax skeptic and you will learn!?

Silly guy, no one has programmed me. I'm quite open minded. I've learned a lot. One of the things I've learned is to question everything--especially ungrounded, fantastic claims. The more people infer that you're narrow-minded for demanding evidence, the more you can be sure they have no evidence, and thus, their beliefs are just that--beliefs, not knowledge.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
On Topic Please

Semper

top topics

<<   2 >>