It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Years Of U.S. UN Vetoes (did you know?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu

Care someone to explain me the reason of this vetoes? I could understant an opposition to nuclear weapons regulation under the Cold War, but the veto againt the Conference of Women, even without Palestinian ones, is far beyond my reach.

Sorry MF, I missed that post of yours. I can try to answer your question. A conference of women faces stiff opposition from the opposite sex for three primary reasons. Theoretically, of course.

1. Since the days of Tiamat's rulership and Dionysus (sp?) parties, men have been extremely fearful of women in terms of their internal power and overall value to the human race.

2. In today's modern world, we still have a good ol' boys club running things. Not one, really, but you get my point. Since they don't like change, while also knowing that women usually prefer change and reform, they view such an influential conference as a threat that they could never defeat. In short, it would contribute to the end of these sad clubs.

3. Because women in a social cluster perform significantly better, in terms of culture and professionalism, than their male counterparts, such a conference would pose a severe threat to the way things are kept "stable". Stable as in keeping in favor of those on top (as in the elite, you pervert).

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Please! Pretty, please! Tell me you are joking, aren't you?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join