posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
Yes- why chop them and scrape off that bitter peel when we can buy them all pretty and glossy in the bag? It IS too damn hard to chop up our own.
Actually, I don't buy them, but it is because I am frugal and it is always cheaper to buy the whole stuff that you have to wash and chop. You pay
less for more product by doing the work. I didn't know about the bleach, though, with the baby carrots. It is scary because I feed our carrots to the
guinea pig too. I am always concerned about what I feed my child, of course, but Piggy's body is so tiny and the dose of chlorine for him would be
Thank you so much for the warning!
You know- when I was in Korea they told us to soak all produce we bought downtown in bleach water solution because it is grown in "night soil"
(human fertilizer). I chose to just avoid the local produce because I was worried about ingesting bleach. Ironically, I have consumed millions of
baby carrots over the years.