It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Passes Gas, Charged with Battery on Officer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Man Passes Gas, Charged with Battery on Officer

www.wsaz.com

...When police were trying to get fingerprints, police say Cruz moved closer to the officer and passed gas on him. The investigating officer remarked in the criminal complaint that the odor was very strong.

Cruz is now charged with battery on a police officer, as well as DUI and obstruction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
WHAT!?!?! Listen, I have no problem with them arresting him for DUI if he was driving under the influence. I have no problem with them tacking on an obstruction charge if he was being a pain while they were taking prints. However, charging the guy with battery of an officer because he farted and the "odor was very strong?"

Ridiculous!

www.wsaz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Remind me to do this when I try to spit one of my constitutional speeches on a cop..

This is so stupid.. pretty soon if you have blond hair and blue eyes your going to jail.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Finally a reasonable response to a disgusting assault.

No longer should police have to put up with people farting on them.

Fine them big bucks.

Even police deserve better than that.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay there really is no way I could possibly think about who is right or wrong in this situation, because i'm laughing so freaking hard

That's ingenius! When I get pulled over and the cop asks me if I know why he stopped me, i'll just let one rip hahahahaha.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Hmmm... based on your logic, my wife has "disgustingly assaulted" me innumerable times in the middle of the night while spooning.

I really hope you were joking.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
any thing that you do that is directed towards a cop can be charged as assault... Flipping them off, spitting, getting to close if they feel threatened. yelling at them.... the list goes on for ever. Its mainly just something that keeps the outta trouble cause if you get pull over for speeding and you start arguing and you p### him off you just went to jail for assault.

Its messed up but that is the law in most states....

peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah really, that guy should be fined. He's lucky the cop didn't crack him on the head. Cops don't have to put up with that mess. I work for an electric comapny in texas and i'm jaded after working here only a while. just imagine how po'ed the cops get at retards.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This hole thing really stinks!
The officer just wanted to get him for being just plain rude and disrespectful probably.

If he was polite and co-operative maybe they could have laughed it off, after all, farts are funny and good to break the ice amongst males. Farting is after all a good male bonding ritual.
I use this bonding technique myself. It shows that we can relax and be equals.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now would be the time to buy shares in Taco Bell, as I predict sky rocketing sales.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am going to guess with that kind of "offensive" flatulence , that the suspect was drinking beer. Arrest him for the DUI,FINE! But last i heard farting was not illegal. Absolutely ridiculous. ( Least he didn't shart. )

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
are we so far down the road of a police state that doing anything can be judged breaking the law.. i thought it was bad when men walking alone in a park would be stopped and asked why they where there..but to fart has got to be beyond a joke..will cops start to arrest people for smelling bad ?....:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is so funny. I nearly spit out my soda.

It is ridiculous to charge him with battery.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This isn't the first time this has happened. I'm pretty sure there was another thread right here on ATS about the same thing within the last year or so. Yes, people have been convicted for this, on the basis of "intent."

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In Other News...

South Charleston police have issued an all-points bulletin for this man, wanted in connection with related offenses:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Magic

Man I would be on death row for the numerous "offences" I commited against my ex wife in this way

I mean you could argue that it is a biological wepon, I mean some of mine have been so bad it offends the dog.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you ask me, he didn't go far enough. Had the officer denied me a bathroom break, I would have dropped my drawers and crapped on the floor. I'd be damned if I would give the officer the satisfaction of degrading myself by crapping my pants. The abuse of power by these people is becoming too much.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Where's you get those coconuts?!

Line 2.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
what is he too stupid to hold in his own flatulence, seems like a legitimate charge to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join