It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google looking to help humanity... and they need US!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
First of all, if I have chosen the wrong forum for this, mods please feel free to move it.

Now, to the topic at hand, Google has introduced something I think is of great importance, and something I think many members on here would be interested in. They call it "Project 10^100", and it seems to be a contest to see who can come up with the best idea to help the most people. The prize is that they will bankroll the idea...

Project 10^100 (pronounced Project 10 to the 100th) is a call for ideas to change the world by helping as many people as possible. Here's how to join in.

1. Send us your idea by October 20th.
Simply fill out the submission form giving us the gist of your idea. You can supplement your proposal with a 30-second video.

2. Voting on ideas begins on January 27th.
We'll post a selection of one hundred ideas and ask you, the public, to choose twenty semi-finalists. Then an advisory board will select up to five final ideas. Send me a reminder to vote.

3. We'll help bring these ideas to life.
We're committing $10 million to implement these projects, and our goal is to help as many people as possible. So remember, money may provide a jumpstart, but the idea is the thing.

Good luck, and may those who help the most win.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

From www.project10tothe100.com...

With as many deep thinkers and good ideas around this forum, I thought a heads-up would be a good thing. So, anyone up for seeing their ideas come to pass?

www.project10tothe100.com...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is great, the best idea ever from the people on the internet and google owns it for $10 mil... Sounds like intellectual rape and pillaging to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is not conspiracy, but just an idea.

I am so hoping that Google, Microsoft, Apple, Cisco will give something back to improve sentiment for us.. It would be a huge moral booster for us domestically.

Also I wanted to mention that.. the concept of Telecommuting in the workplace would help us conserve energy. Perhaps Ron Paul, the Republicans and Democrats and work with the big dogs to implement the Google Government. This amount the money that could be saved. We need to cut down our conspicuous consumption and thing "Green". Every little bit helps..

Regards,

-map

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

My good idea is that all the people who enter the contest should be rounded up and put into an internment camp and treated cruelly for years until all their miserable do-good false conceptions are utterly extirpated and they learn to regard the world properly with clear-eyed hatred and suspicion...Think I'll win???
(It could be televised, too, as an example for children : "GOOGLE RE-EDUCATION CAMP - THE REALITY SHOW")

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines
That was sorta my first impression as well, but I'm willing to give Google the benefit of the doubt on things for the moment. Still, I'm going to be very picky about placing any of my projects I have spend so much time and money on into the mix. Maybe some of the lesser-examined ones would be good to send in though....

---------------------------------
reply to post by mapsurfer_

No, it's not a conspiracy (and my thanks to the mod who moved this to the correct forum for me), but I thought it would be something the ATS community could appreciate. After all, if we are wanting to advance, the proper way to help is to put some of thiose ideas into practise, not to sit around and complain about how no one else is working on thigngs fast enough. I'm sure we have both seen plenty of the latter.

TheRedneck

[edit on 26-9-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you op for bringing this to our attention!

I've submitted my idea and am excited to see how it goes!
there's even an option to allow companies who are interested in your idea contact you even if you dont win the prize!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think the best idea would be to resurrect Nikola Tesla's dream of providing energy to all people in all places. It seems like he was so close.

Imagine it. You give limitless energy to third-world countries and they can improve their lifestyles.

Yes, of course, I do realize that there could be negative consequences of unlimited energy. Just a thought.

MBF

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have some ideas that I would like to post, but I am hesitant because they are not patented. This would be a great idea if there was some way to guarantee that peoples ideas would not be stolen. The problem is that a judge can look over the ideas and give some of them to a third party for production and you couldn't prove it.

If there was a way that GOOGLE would put inventors with industry to patent the ideas to protect them and then implement them, this would be a great idea. I think that by there not being guarantees to the inventors, a lot of great ideas may not be presented.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
How about asking Google to help fund the Orion Project?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well it is nice to the most 'big-brothery' of all constructs do something very altruistic. I would be interested to see who they pick and what they do with the big idea.......

[edit on 28-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's about time something like this happened. It amazes me on a daily basis how about 3-4% of the worlds population can sit there with 80% of its wealth gathering interest in bank accounts and investment portfolios that do absolutely nothing for anyone but themselves.

There is enough wealth, technology and labour to execute any of humankinds immediate challenges; namely poverty and education, unfortunately there is absolutely no desire to do so by those in authority over these decisions.

To those thinking this is some kind of intellectual theft, it is far from it. It is not a plan to launch a business model for the lucky recipient to make a profit from. A plan for assistance to those in need mainly requires money. The ideas are there, everyone has a plan that could effectively help many people, Google don't need to steal them from anyone, the key ingredient is money, and this they are providing.

If I had to come up with one plan it would probably involve a large-scale community farming program in impoverished countries such as in Africa, where governments lack both the funds and knowledge to maintain a sustainable agricultural sector. I think stimulating sustainable economic growth as well as providing basic amenities thereby would be the best thing to do with the money, that and community education programs. All non-governmental, of course.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
GOOGLE

Dont forget to send us your details so we can forward them on to other companies to make even more money

MBF

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, I put one on there. We'll see how it goes. I didn't disclose any specific info, but told enough to get my point across. Of course, I expect everybody here to go and vote for my invention.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yeah I never heard anything else about Google coughing up some scratch and their stock price is still through the roof. Are their priorities that low on this topic? A vote in January seems like an eternity from my viewpoint.

If Google wants to earn that good housekeeping seal of approval, let em promote a technology stimulus through Walmart/Best Buy to get wireless video feeds in the mainstream. That $120 wireless cam technology is still a little pricey for most. Someone needs to kick that pig.

Regards,

-map

[edit on 3-11-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
How will wireless video feeds help anyone except advertisers plaster even more obnoxious ads all over the place?

new topics

top topics

join