It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 calibre BMG sniping - Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I've posted this before a few years ago, but it was a very interesting video demonstrating the power of the round.
www.biggerhammer.net...

I have heard of even karger scale rifles using the Soviet 14.5mm and 20mm ammo. The US is even developing a 25*59 round for a new anti-material rifle.

Anyway check out the video.
PS. The rounds the shooter is using are rounds that were available to the public, I'm not too sure if they still are. Besides what sort of animal do you need a APHEI round

THe dude who runs the site - BIG 50 himself.

Now you tell me. Isn't it an act of lunacy to put military weapons such as these into the hands of joe public. What the hell does a sporting shooter need armour piercing high explosive incindienary rounds for ?!

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by mad scientist]

[edit on 22-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
cuz they kick ass.

id wanna get my hands on one, who wouldnt? Id wanna try it out, but not on a person, or to kill.

Just a good old fashioned target will do...

heh heh...

I love big sniper gunz

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I bet that guys penis is microscopic...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I bet that guys penis is microscopic...

whos to say, but i would be willing to bet that his wallet sure is after dropping the money for that gun!

as for the AP rounds, he cant own them, and probably doesnt unless they were aquired illegally. Hell Federal Hydra-Shok probably doesnt even come in a round that big, and thats the most lethal round I know of avaiblable to the public.

Something about the photo strikes me as odd, almost as if the gun looks too short, or perhaps the fellow is just that big, any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The last gun show I went to had a number of vendors selling .50 caliber incendiary -and tracer- ammunition. It can be purchased online in the US assuming it is legal to buy it in your particular state.
M9 linked Blue Tip Ammo

I didn't see any .50 AP rounds (there may have been and I overlooked them) but .30-06 AP were for sale.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Suprisingly, these weapons are not that expensive. I personally know of a place in Virginia Beach where you can buy one of these for $2500. Bullets are $8 apeice.

At this same location, you can purchase AK's, UZI's, AR's, M-14s, M-16's, MP5's, Long Range Precision Shooting Rifles, Pistols, and pretty much any other weapon out there on the market. And this is a legitimate business this guy runs; you can buy all of these weapons legally.

So as far as "why are these weapons in civilian hands"?

Read the Constitution, buddy. Last time I checked, the right to bear arms meant, the right to bear arms. I don't recall it saying anything about how powerful your gun is.

Furthermore, it is my belief that this freedom is slowly but surely slipping away from us. It is my intention to stockpile as many weapons as possible, while I still can, so that if some # does go down, I'll be ready. You guys can call me crazy, or whatever. But if you do, don't come knocking on my door asking for ammunition when you need it.

By the way, I highly recommend everyone else do the same. Weapons, food, medical supplies, survival equipment, basically anything that may be useful, stockpile it. Because that is why they are trying to ban weapons. To make the population defenseless against an attack.

I will not be. I will be ready...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
cool video! i want one of those!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I read on f22fighter.com, that a Raptor is immune to a 50 caliber shot.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
even at close range???
then what kind of plating does it have?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by darktone]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Great gun The barrett M82A1A is one of my altime favorite guns. They can be purchased new for $7,800 without scope and you can spend almost that much on a really scope for it. I think the gun in the pic is not the M82A1A but another version of the barrett with a 7 shot clip compared too the 10 shot seen in the video. The M82A1A is top of the line for 50cals single shot versions can be purchased for alot less Breach loading ones bein some of the cheapest

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Also is Virginia, There is a store here in my town that has last time I went there had 3 of those M82A1A with the 10 shot clip that he bought from the army on surplus and he is selling them for about $1200 a piece with the round for about $6 a piece. He also has countless breechloading .50 cal single shot ones for about $800. I personally would love to have one just to show off and target shoot. This is like the ultimate gun. Plus I'm sure it suits the Marines just fine for what they want to use it for.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by muzz]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i would love to see what one of those things would do to a watermelon at one mile!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If the BMG 50 isn't proof that people just love to have a bang-bang, nothing is...

(by the way KrazyIvan, you have 6666 points as of this posting....just thought that was kinda funny...)

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What I wanna know is who is that hot Combat Camera chick at the end of the video. Nuthing like a woman in fatigues to get the....

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just happen to have a few thousand bucks at hand

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I read a report from a Marine in Iraq who used the .50 Cal to snipe some rebel with an RPG.

Apparently it blew the guy in half. Like, two seperate pieces

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Keep stockpiling! If my Brother-in-Law is right we won't be able to if Kerry gets in office. We'll be relogated to spit-wads and Daisey B-B Guns...

I personally favor the Israeli Arms Desert Eagle .50Cal. Handgun, now THAT's a hand cannon!

PEACE...
m...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Text Green The .50 in the picture is a barret model 99 or the like. See the bolt handle and reduced length? There are many Barrets ,and, many .50's in use as we speak. the new m109 is the 25mm . I agre these have no business in the general population persons should have to register for them like a full auto or "can", like me.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Now you tell me. Isn't it an act of lunacy to put military weapons such as these into the hands of joe public. What the hell does a sporting shooter need armour piercing high explosive incindienary rounds for ?!

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by mad scientist]

How many times must we go through this? What do you want the public to have if they ever have to take back their government, huh? Slingshots? Who are you, a propagandist for tyranists?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
People saying this shouldn't be allowed for the public are stupid. It is the last gun a person would choose to go crazy with, it's huge and hard to hide, takes skill to use, and costs a lot. Guns like Berretas and MAC-11s are much more lethal in the hands of a psycho.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join