It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Budget Hits New Record In Spending Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Pentagon Budget Hits New Record In Spending Bill

www.lasvegassun.com

The Pentagon budget would rise to a new record while U.S. automakers and victims of hurricanes and floods would receive billions of dollars in a $630 billion-plus omnibus spending bill rushing toward the House floor Wednesday.

The year-end budget measure also lifts a quarter-century ban on drilling for oil off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts and is flying under the political radar compared with a hugely controversial White House plan to bail out Wall Street.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yet another 'behind-closed doors' funneling of the serfs ever-dwindling tax-payer monies...The PTB just keep using us all as their personal ATM machines to continue their grotesque profiteering while we all struggle to survive.

The wall street extortion scheme serves as a nice misdirection for them to pass through this in secrecy while we're all in dire straights about a different pick-pocket scheme from the Elitists.

Nice.

That includes $488 billion for the Pentagon, $40 billion for Homeland Security Department programs and $73 billion for veterans programs and military base construction projects.

www.lasvegassun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Where's everybody at? Nobody wants to comment on this? This is nearly the same stupendous amount as the fraudulent and criminal bailout, and it's being done secretly while we're distracted with this Wall Street extortion! These people are piling up our tax-debt from every concievable angle to keep their grotesque profiteering indefinite. We need to stand up, en masse, and tell these criminals enough is enough!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. They are asking us for 700b while they are spending 600+ on the defense budget. Can someone tell me why we have a larger defense budget than every other country combined?

www.globalsecurity.org...

How bout they get the money for the bailout from that defense budget. They created the mess they should pay for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I do not want to believe our financial situation was intentional..but this perpetual, sadistically-comical, spending is swiftly convincing me otherwise...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good posting, but .... what is there to say?

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, because it has been flying under the radar. It's disgusting, and I don't know why we can't provide health care to our citizens and education to our children, but we can spend money like this on trumped-up wars and bank bailouts.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would assume the true defence budget is higher than that. The black projects that america does, must cost fortunes.

How does the american people feel about such big budgets really, while the economy is going down the pan. DO you guys just accept it, while a few billion goes missing here, a few trillion goes missing there.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

What there is to say, is "I AM TIRED OF THIS, and I will be writing and calling in to my representative, telling them I am going to vote their butt out of office, if they continue this indefinite blank check nonsense to keep funding all of these foreign occupations and contract deals with my dwindling tax-dollars."

That's a start. haha

People need to be paying EXTRA CLOSE attention to what is going on, EVERYWHERE right now. These criminals are using misdirection at every turn to pick-pocket this already struggling nation. We need to put them under the spotlight for ALL OF THIS.

new topics

top topics

join