It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU warns Iran close to nuclear arms capacity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Iran needs taking out ASAP. I am a Brit and support Israel. There's no way Israel will be safe with Iran as it is. If Israel doesn't take out Iran then Israel may well regret it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter1uk

Iran has a right to defend itself. Anyone with any IQ will notice ,however,that untill recently nobody blocked Iran or threatened Iran with strike. Once this nuclear program and current leader of Iran "met" - Iran threatens and is threatened. In response.
Nobody planned attack on Iran with previous leader, even though there was beginning of nuclear program then.
There is huge difference between trying to defend itself and trying to wipe someone out.
If new prime minister of Israel will constantly threaten Mars, develope rockets that can reach Mars and invest in peacefull death star technology - Marsians should worry.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Iran has a right to defend itself. Anyone with any IQ will notice ,however,that untill recently nobody blocked Iran or threatened Iran with strike. Once this nuclear program and current leader of Iran "met" - Iran threatens and is threatened. In response.
Nobody planned attack on Iran with previous leader, even though there was beginning of nuclear program then.
There is huge difference between trying to defend itself and trying to wipe someone out.
If new prime minister of Israel will constantly threaten Mars, develope rockets that can reach Mars and invest in peacefull death star technology - Marsians should worry.

ZeroKnowledge - You seem to be so indoctrinated in this propaganda you're impervious to actual Facts. The US and Israel have been planning to get Iran ever since the Iranians rose up and overthrew the murderous, corrupt CIA-installed Shah of Iran in the 70's and kicked all the Western oil companies out.

Please, ZeroKnowledge, educate yourself on the filthy, murderous, criminal actions of the US government against what was previously a truly democratic secular state until the Oil Barons turned their greedy eyes East at the beginning of The Oil Age, saw the Arab oil and didn't want to ever pay a fair price for that oil because that meant less profit back home. Then come back and tell me no-one planned to attack Iran.

There's plenty of corroboration that the Bush plan was ALWAYS to "deal" with Iraq, then "deal" with Iran because Iran has historically had a big influence on the region.

And again you're blithering on about Iran trying to wipe someone out. Listen to me: The only people threatening to wreak nuclear destruction on anyone else is the Israelis and the Americans. Ahmadinejad is not waving any kind of nuclear club. He's not threatend anyone. He keeps on telling you, but you never want to listen because everyone you know is as indoctrinated as you are, and are convinced he's out to kill you all. He's not in a position to do so. HE'S NOT IN CHARGE.

Sheesh!

[edit on 24/9/2008 by jupiter1uk]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

First, thank you for your support. However i am certain that nobody is going to take out Iran. It is a big country with a lot of people and rich ancient culture. It just happens to be led by people whose decisions are not practical but based on erratic opinions. However if Israel will strike Iranian nuclear facilities, even if it succeeds, results are not going to be clear. Israel is part of middle east. It needs to reach understanding with its neighbors, eventually. And vice versa. So non-violent approach, with not that much of chance to succeed though, is still better then destabilizing the region again.
Israel since it is established faces existential threats and military solutions to them were not always best ones. Perhaps it will be tried again, but it is not optimal choice. As i said there will be lot of negative things for all the sides. And Ahmadinejad will not be replaced as a result of this attack anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Everyone here supports Israel. We suffer the same as you with Islamic terror like 7/7. The best bet is the Brits and Yanks recolonise the Middle East then re educate the people just like we did with the German sixty years ago. Please remember we both still have a massive troop presence in Germany today, but we managed to change the German, we re educated them, now we must do the same with the Islamic fundamentalists. Education is the key.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Indoctrination is double-edge sword. Read once again what i posted. Israel had no conflict with previous Iranian leader. With same Hizbollah. With same nuclear program. With same religious ayatollahs in the shadows. Ahmadinejad does not decide anything? Then again, why since he was elected Iranian position changed from hidden disdain to open threats?
Or you do not consider his CONSTANT speeches about Zionist regime and its destiny as threats? What is threat for you? Hitler openly spoke that he will invade Czechoslovakia/Poland or used this diplomatic double speech too? Do you know that Arabian, Sunni, countries also fear Iranian recent aggressive approach and not single one , except Syria, is criticizing Israel. But several do criticize Iran
I understand that you feel comfortable in position of not having to listen to those threats and see those as rant from talking head. I am not. It is my head that will get bombed. So if i have to choose between regular warheads or nuclear ones the answer is pretty clear.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Jupiter1,
Come on saying he has not threatened Isreal is some thin ice to stand on.
www.ynetnews.com...
Albeit he is kinda like a yelpy little chihuahua..
BP

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If Iran is so innocent why did everyone of the Somali hijackers of an Iranian freighter have their hair fall out and get sick? The freighters manifest was a blatant lie and a Russian task force is steaming to grab it where it is anchored off the coast of Somalia.

www.longwarjournal.org...

Russia will send ships the Navies to the fight with the Somali pirates Russia is intended to send ships the Navies for dealing with the pirates on Somalia coasts. On this, as it reports RIA of the news, stated by central board the Navy Admiral Vladimir [Vysotskiy]. According to him, Russian ships will solve this problem independently and will not be accepted participation in the international operations. The previously Somali pirates several times attacked on law court with the Russian citizens aboard. In particular, on September 15 they took the [gonkongskiy] tanker of " C[tolt] Of [veylor]" (Stolt Of valor), into the composition of crew of which entered the Russian. Still in February the assistant of [glavkoma] the Navy Igor [Dygalo] declared, that the attacks of pirates on the Russian vessels confirm the need for presence in the world ocean of the ships the Navies of Russia. According to the latest data, in 2008 Somali pirates attacked 59 vessels, 13 vessels are still retained by them in the expectation of ransom.
lenta.ru...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

Jupiter1,
Come on saying he has not threatened Isreal is some thin ice to stand on.
www.ynetnews.com...
Albeit he is kinda like a yelpy little chihuahua..
BP

Maybe we read differently. Even though the writer is obviously Israeli and undoubtedly writes with a natural bias, what he's quoting Ahmadinejad of saying is not "We're going to destroy the US and Israel", he's saying that it looks like the US is about to implode under the weight of its own financial crisis (agreed, surely?), and he's also hoping that the current regime will change in Israel.

That's not a call for war, that's his jaundiced wishful thinking, with a large dollop of playground bluster.

Regarding recently reported threats against Israel, again just think about context. Think about what a cat does when its threatened. It hisses, shows teetch and claws and its fur inflates to make it appear larger than it actually is. That's how other animals know not to attack it, and it's better for the cat's health than fighting.

What do Cobras do when they're threatened? They expand their hoods to appear bigger than they actually are, and other animals know to stay away. It's better for the Cobra's health.

Now... what do humans do when they're threatened...?

Israel and the US have been openly threatening to attack Iran using the nuclear red herring as a pretext since mid 2005. For three years there has been an ever-increasing deluge of threats against Iran.

What do you think Iran will do when it's threatened...?

In January 2006 Ahmadinejad made the first warning that the US and Israel will suffer a 'crushing' attack if they attacked Iran.

Every lifeform on earth has a defensive posture designed to tell others to stay away or else. It's better to threaten back with as much hissing and bluster as you can to try and scare your enemy away, because it's better than getting in a fight.

Chihuaha? Naaah. He's more like a scrawny, wormy little terrier dragging his bum across the carpet!

Anyways - I've got a busy day tomorrow, so I'll wish you all goodnight and stay safe.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Jupiter1uk,
Maybe..and the terrier image is maybe also accurate. But him saying US would suffer "Ahmadinejad made the first warning that the US and Israel will suffer a 'crushing' attack if they attacked Iran. " is a joke. He would not even know what hit him. HE thinks he would have time to launch but the controls/power would all be fried. That is before the main waves of destruction take out Chem/Bio and retalitory possibilities. To say suffer..he must be referring to our grandkids' kids who will inherit more debt.

Don't like thinking about this...

BP

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I had something completely different here but I changed my mind.

Iran is going to implode on its own. There will be unrest, a coup and a fluent arabic x-mortgage CEO installed.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Hmmm, great approach. I wonder why USSR and US made tens of thousands of nuclear weapons ,instead of investing in cheaper and "just as effective" chemo/bio warfare.
One nuke can destroy Israel. Hundreds of missiles with chemo or even bio stuff - can not. There is a huge difference between hundreds of thousands of dead and between millions. Plus total infrastructure damage. So been naive and writing it off on other evil axis is not changing the fact that Iran under Ahmadinejad is investing a lot in delivery systems and nuclear program. Huge oil exporter is investing huge amounts of money on nuclear energy instead of using its own sources. Yup. And threats are there only to raise rating of journalists.

In my mind, it isn't that hard. Which would be more scarry, which would be an image burned into your mind for the restof time; invisible gas? no. A huge radioactive mushroom cloud, and days upon days of not drinking fresh water and people being vaporized? heck yes! The thing with nukes, is that you WANT to kill thousands, not caring about innocents. Plus, even if your 'off target,' you still get massive damage. Chem/bio attacks, however, seem to me to be more pinpoint attacks...like 'Oh, well I dont want to kill everyone, just teach them a lesson.' And with either one, you could get about the same results. Radiation blowing in the wind, contaminated food and water, he loss of any electrical systems within the blast radius. You get tons of extra casualties, whereas the chem/bio cant do that.

Im sorry if that was a little off topic...Back on topic though, he may say this, all this peace crap, but i can almost bet you that anything bad happens to his little country, he will not hesitate to strike back.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The US didn't HAVE to invade Iran. Now the haks in the Pentagon and up the ladder are realizing that they should have attacked Iran instead, because it has oil too, but unlike Iraq it's a REAL THREAT for the free world.

Open the bets to know how many minutes will the Iranian political and social infrastructure will resist to the waves of fire coming from the sky once they will have crossed the red line.
I bet a couple hours, missile flight time included.

Death to the Iranian religious cult that oppress its own people

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I get very nervous with any government that so closely knits religeon with politics. It's been proven time and again that religeous zealots will go to excessive measures, their own lives meaning nothing, to prove a point, or to "attack the infidels".. i.e. anyone who opposes their religious views.

So while I fully think Iran is entitled to clean energy, and should be able to have nuclear energy if they feel it will advance their country, I shudder to think what they could do with nuclear weapons. I don't think at least, the rest of the world should just bury their head in the sand and hope that they are telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

With the greatest respect.....who is "Everyone here"?. I am a Brit, a Brit that hasnt been brainwashed and does not want lives lost from any nation for the sake of the elite. Please dont class everyone in britain the same as yourself. Try saying this, " Oil, oil, oil, money, money, money" keep repeating it, it will eventually sink in.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It really makes me laugh when people point the finger at Iran and shout despot nation when their very own countries are the ones that are waging war on everyone else. So to make it absolutely clear for those who are confused, AXIS OF EVIL UK/USA/ISRAEL, Iran has not attacked or invaded any country in a thousand years, the history of the aforementioned are well known and all three are currently waging wars against humanity.

2 million dead in Iraq and counting and for what, certainly not Democracy.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Listen ,Iran not attacking any country in 1000 years is not even funny. Is it inhabited by angels? It is a human country. Can you close your eyes and imagine any nation not attacking other in 300 years,not 1000? Iran/Persia did its share of conquests and occupation.
If person has "alternative" axis of evil, does it mean he also has to be "alternatively" brainwashed?
Also, amount of historic wars/invasions is not always sign of aggressiveness.
Holland invaded lot of places and created colonies almost everywhere. Is it agressive now?
North Korea did not invade anyone ant yet it is behaving aggressively inside and abroad. And to pacify it (nuke factor) west pays them bribes. Now those guys do not have ideology that will promise heaven in next life after wiping out heretics in this one.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Ok, I've had enough of the disinformation getting published and aired all over our newspapers and televisions.

Here is what is going on.

Iran, as well as Libya are one of the last holdouts to having the international bankster cartel supply and therefor own their currencies.

Time for some more 'information'.
This international elite banking cartel run the whole show behind the scenes and virtually control the worlds commodity, currency, real estate as well as political 'markets'. Everything and almost everyone has a price.
Lets see here, you may ask how this could be?
Ponder this, these same international banksters:

own the Fed. Reserve, IMF, The World Bank, Bank of International Settlements, most of the worlds central depositories of gold and well as majority ownership of debt and stock of the worlds largest companies involved in gold and other precious metals mining companies to control the supply and therefor PRICE of the worlds real assets....precious metals, they are the largest shareholders of the largest oil corporations to manipulate and indebt economies at will with the price of oil barrels, they are controlling shareholders and debtholdrs of our defense corporations as well in order to destroy their resisitance to NWO, the own/control our the world's intelligence software/hardware companies to spy on you and blackmail 'anyone' if necessary.

Enough bickering, we need creative solutions.
Here's some!:

Abolish the UNCONSITUTIONAL FEDERAL RESERVE, prevent private foreign international banksters from controlling the supply of our currency.

Have a international referendum to audit the Fed. Reserve, IMF, The World Bank and audit who really owns the worlds precious metals, the REAL currency of any inherently true value.

We invest in American Depository Receipts based on the US dollar but no one ever asks for their receipt or what backs up that dollar? It is true our educational institutions don't get into detail in this area as they are strictly instructed to follow the flow of information on a 'need to know basis'.

Ignorance is bliss though knowledge is power.

Not everyone is designed to handle the truth though people here search for it so therefor they should be the ones informed. Seek and ye shall find is just another self evident truth.

If something doesn't sound right in the media, if it goes against reason, that spec of intuition we always seem to override, it was designed to be this way to disinform the masses with creative distractions and deliberate lies to fool the public into begging for a NWO to be put in place.

These banksters want to create a state of panic. How many false flag operations have we witnessed to date including WTC93, WTC 9/11, USS Liberty and on........and on. These acts are necessary to create a desire for world stabilization and therefor creating NWO legislation, the latest being the 'Patriot Act' and the 700Billion 'carefully designed' asset grab of historic proportions and at TAXPAYER EXPENSE of all things.

Where is the reason here?
Where is the leadership?
Where is the heroism?
Where is the common sense?

The word needs to GET OUT to the people what's really going on here and as soon as possible before you are all subjects in a carefully designed and monitored serfdom controlled by a handful or rather oligarchy of international banksters who view 'the people' as pawns, disposable and merely fodder for their Machiavelian political scheme for the end of a NWO where they, and only they will be your master.

Once the US public is aware of the truth, their carefully constructed 'system' will fall as every other overly ambitious BIG BOY system in the past has.

Got history?

See my other posts for more.

We are truely at a critical turning point in history and the worlds independent societies are at great

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here is a fact. I am 100 percent sure of this. If Iran builds a nuke, Israel will destroy Iran. There will be world "outrage" and emergency meetings at the UN, but it will not matter. Israel will be backed by my guess Germany and France, if not the US as well. So any effort to put pressure on Israel after this will be useless. Israel is almost at a breaking point, and they do NOT want a Iran with nukes. So that will be that. Iran will no longer be a country worth dealing with, and we can get onto NK again.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Zero, I'm not quite sure what your babbling on about but the simple facts are these; Iran has not attacked anyone and does not intend to. On the other hand the aformentioned axis of evil have and will attack anyone they see fit and thats the difference and unlike you I'm not brainwashed as you put it.

If you cannot see the reality before your eyes then it is you and those who think like you who are brainwashed. Any nation irrspective of its own laws, religeous beliefs etc. has every right to develope anything it wants for the benefit of its people end of.

There are far to many ignorant people in this world and many of them come here on these boards and spout their ignorance, hatred and bigotry against others that they have no understanding of yet blindly believe the lies and disinfo that is spoon fed to them on a daily basis. Well you can use your brain and think for yourselves or you can be told what to do and what to think, the choice is yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join