It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU warns Iran close to nuclear arms capacity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

EU warns Iran close to nuclear arms capacity

news.yahoo.com

VIENNA, Austria - Iran is nearing the ability to arm a nuclear warhead even if it insists its atomic activities are peaceful, the European Union warned Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

In comments prepared for delivery to the International Atomic Energy Agency's 35 board members, the EU also asserted that Iran appeared to have had a past nuclear arms program despite its denials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here we go :
Step 1 -build up of international concern as background for attack..
Step 2- Provide evidense to this
Step 3- Kindly make suggestion to Iran to discontinue
Step 4- Bombers in the air (before they can answer Step 3

Anyone having any doubts now....maybe on the other hand this is a coincidence

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Amadinijad said last night

"the question of the bomb, we believe as a matter of religious teaching that we must be against any form of weapons of mass destruction including nuclear weapons. The production and the usage of nuclear weapons is one of the most abhorrent acts to our eyes.

In addition, we also – believe that the atomic bomb has lost it’s use in political affairs in fact. The time for a nuclear bomb has ended. Whoever invests in it (ph) is going the wrong way.

Was a nuclear bomb able to keep the Soviet Union intact and prevent its downfall? Was it able to bring victory for the United States either for Afghanistan or Iraq? Can it be used to that end? Can the nuclear bomb save the Zionist regime?

The time for bombs of that nature has ended. It is time for culture and reason to prevail."

USrael will not attack Iran..
I doubt it highly now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is he trying to sell some desert to the Arabs also? Surely you don't believe that? W/O Nukes he couldn't accomplish his goal of whiping Isreal off the map. In a nutshell that is a bunch of crap about the age of nuclear wopons has past.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
^^

Yes but he said Israel and the Zionist regime will be wiped from pages of history under it's own means of demise..

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Is he trying to sell some desert to the Arabs also? Surely you don't believe that? W/O Nukes he couldn't accomplish his goal of whiping Isreal off the map.

A simple search on here, or on the net can prove to you that he never said "Wipe Israel off the map" or anything to that extent. What you're believing is a lie taught to you by MEMRI's "news" intentional mistranslation.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I love the "wipe Israel off the map" argument. It really shows how a single lie can affect peoples opinion about an entire country to the degree that they suddenly think its OK to bomb its population. People are so incredibly stupid when it comes to this. And lazy. And trusting of the media, probably not ever thinking twice about who OWNS the god damn thing.

The Iranian president never said that - the translation was intentionally wrong in the US media.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Muslims would soon uproot 'satanic powers' that support Israel's atrocities

I must announce that the Zionist regime, with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene,” Ahmadinejad said.

www.presstv.ir...
This site is also Memri? This guy constantly uses hidden threats, invests in missiles technology and in major nuclear capabilities.
1+1+1=?
I do not say that Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear complex can solve the problem or is undoubtedly justified. But i am personally definetly not going to close my eyes and ears on what is happening. This guy is religious fanatic. How can one be sure if this kind of people pays much attention to morality and humanity (Jews,Arabs,Iranians or others alike. Fanatic is fanatic everywhere).
So he says one thing and acts differently. What do you trust - actions or empty words? He pays for mercinary army on Israeli border that attacked Israel. Israel never attacked Iran.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Here is what CNN had on the wipe off the map.. Maybe that would be a good thread if it already is not. There are other quotes along those lines I suppose those are mistranslations too?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Nuke issue with Iran is a complete scam perpetrated by the axis of evil UK/US/ISRAEL. I mean how dumb are people, why go to all the trouble of trying to build nukes and their delivery systems when all Iran has to do is use chemical or biological weapons.

No fancy delivery systems, no massive expense, no years of development and billions wasted, no just load up a freight jet and off you go, kill millions in one attack. The nuke issue is nothing more than an excuse to attack Iran and rob the country of its wealth.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Hmmm, great approach. I wonder why USSR and US made tens of thousands of nuclear weapons ,instead of investing in cheaper and "just as effective" chemo/bio warfare.
One nuke can destroy Israel. Hundreds of missiles with chemo or even bio stuff - can not. There is a huge difference between hundreds of thousands of dead and between millions. Plus total infrastructure damage. So been naive and writing it off on other evil axis is not changing the fact that Iran under Ahmadinejad is investing a lot in delivery systems and nuclear program. Huge oil exporter is investing huge amounts of money on nuclear energy instead of using its own sources. Yup. And threats are there only to raise rating of journalists.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

By supplying two Iranian foreign legions (Hamas/Hesbollah) on Israels border Ahmadinerjad is just asking for it. If Israel takes out any nuclear centres then thank's for having the balls to do it! Iran has been the thorn in the side of the west for thirty years, like Iraq it's time will come.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I think you will find Iran is the main pillar within the Axis of Evil. The regime is rotten to the core and a major state sponsor of international terror. I support my country along with USA and Israel here. Ahmadinerjad must have Saddam like suicidal tendencies.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Is he trying to sell some desert to the Arabs also? Surely you don't believe that? W/O Nukes he couldn't accomplish his goal of whiping Isreal off the map. In a nutshell that is a bunch of crap about the age of nuclear wopons has past.

Sorry to criticize you BlackProjects, but if you insist on not educating yourself on what Ahmadinejad REALLY said at that conference in Davos, then you're never going to be able to see what's really going on here. Maybe you prefer to wish violence on the Iranians and intentionally cling on to the misquote on purpose because it justifies your learned reactions to the word "Iran"? Maybe you've genuinely never come across any of the thousands of articles posted online which try to correct the Big American Lie about this speech? Try doing a Google search for "What ahmadinejad really said", then ask yourself why the American Media hides the truth of the matter from the American People? Qui Bono? (Who gains?)

President Ahmadinejad was in fact quoting a speech given 17 years earlier by the Ayotollah Khomeini, who was saying to pro-Palestinian activists in Iran that there needs to be regime change in Israel. At no point did he ever say anything about wiping anyone off the map. Iran has NEVER even hinted at a desire to invade, attack or otherwise destroy Israel. That kind of language seems to be exclusively American and Israeli.

There's a huge difference, isn't there, between publicly calling for regime change and the creation of a dual state, and being purposefully misinterpreted as saying "we will destroy you"?

To quote professor Juan Cole (an expert in Farsi)

"Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope -- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government. Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that 'Israel must be wiped off the map' with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be erased from the page of time."

That was a willful misinterpretation of the original Farsi language which has been intentionally repeated millions of times to continually smear Iran; a smear promoted to death by the people who stand to gain the most from further war and bloodshed in the Middle East - Arms Manufacturers, Western oil companies and those who service the needs of the blood-drenched War Machine.

Make no mistake - This is dirty, filthy business-as-usual from all the Usual Suspects, and the fact that the BBC in my country also purposefully repeats the same lie on a regular basis (even though the the BBC definitely know it's a disgraceful lie, but it's unofficial editorial policy to not disclose it) just proves how huge the Western conspiracy is against the Iranians and the oil they rest upon.

If Ahmadinejad were anti-semitic with murderous intentions towards Jews, how the hell do you explain the 20,000+ observant jews who live in Iran - One of whom sits in the Iranian parliament? If Iranians wanted to kill jews they'd have started a little closer to home, wouldn't they? The glaring, unequivocable uncomfortable Truth is that Jews and Muslims have lived peacefully side-by-side in Iran for the better part of 2,000 years.

Also - President Ahmadinejad is not the Commander in Chief of the Iranian military. He will never be in a position to order an attack on anyone.

Hope I've helped a little. This subject is far too important to sit by and say nothing. There are many things about Iran that I really, really dislike, but you can't take the moral high ground if you're regurgitating absolute lies. You either believe in the truth or you don't. It's important, because millions will die if we don't insist on it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
people may want to notice this isnt actually news,its an article written by a journalist.
he is austrian,his government in austria is on the far right.

you may want to know what he usually writes about,
labs.daylife.com...

he writes almost exclusivly about irans atomic capacities and oil.

here are the keywords assosciated with him

agency analysts austria barrel beethoven cent commodity concerns crude delivery demand diplomatic distillates dollars economy energy enrichment exchange expected exports fall fell fuel future gasoline heat iaea increase inventory investors iran iranian iraq level light meeting mercantile million nuclear oil opec opera output petroleum products pvm rate record refinery report sanctions shum steady supply sweet tehran trader trading vienna

its pretty obvious hes a political lacky journalist.
he also has a fondness for wagner , a role model of hitler.

so people must learn to be aware of the difference between news and journalistic opinion ,its how they spread thier propagands!.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Jupiter,
I starred your post. It was very well written.. I still don't believe him and think there is plenty of other "mistranslations" that could be referenced. Also I hope nobody attacks them..or Isreal for that matter.
BP

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Mmmm.... another war right about now sure would take the focus off the financial woes. If it's likely to turn into a prolonged biggie then a draft would also get rid of a lot of those pesky unemployed too.
Hell, it worked for the last 2 world wars, why not try for a 3rd?

The scary part is, it's just the sort of thing I'm sure is going through the minds of the politicians and Wall Street criminals right about now as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

the USSR actually is still developing some of the nastiest biowepons ever thought of (and many being dreamed up) where no one is safe.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Not that sure about USSR (rip), but this stuff is definetly being developed all other the world. I do not say that bioweapons are ineficcient in killing human beings or that it is not a strategic threat. Simply it is a threat that can be handled,even if it is delivered to target and kills 100 percent on contact. Nuclear weapon - if delivered means eventualy total devastation of the area. For such a small country with population concentrated in even smaller area it is existential threat.
So situation is tense. If coalition here will be assembled - i can see that some over-paranoid ex-general can press for strike on Iran. With inevitable war and dead in several countries in the region. The sad thing is that i do not see this attack eventually changing something for better. Buying several "quiet" years in exchange of a lot of blood, even more fundamentalistic Iran and better ties between Iran and Russia is not that wise, as i see it. On the other hand prospect of another conflict with Hizballah during which Iranian leader will hold his nuclear club and could hit with it any time he sees fit - not that wise too.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Thanks for that.

I agree that Ahmadinejad can be annoying and often over the top, but also bear in mind he's just the Prime Minister. It's the Clerics who wield all the operational power, not Ahmadinejad, who in fact has been frequently criticised by the Clerics (who originally sponsored him) for making unneccessarily inflammatory statements which haven't helped Iran's diplomatic position at all. He's not expected to remain Prime Minister at the next elections. He was voted in because he's working class, and he appealed to much of the ordinary working class Iranians and had a good record for doing good, solid Social work in the country. Unfortunately he also thinks God talks to him directly (sound familiar?), and that's never a good thing in a National Leader. In fact, it's downright dangerous. He got an Official Warning from the Clerics for that.

Regarding Iran's nuclear aspirations, people should appreciate that Iran knows the oil's going to run out at some point, and since Iran only has oil to sell to the world, it doesn't make sense to use it all up internally. They need that oil to create the National Wealth. It's all they've got to offer. Iran's looked ahead ten, fifteen years, and is quite rightly planning for the end of their oil. Unlike the Western oil companies who are in permanent denial over Peak Oil, Iran is more pragmatic and sensible about the issue, and their own geologists have confirmed that it isn't going to last forever, so what are we going to do about it? They have to get their energy future sorted out - which takes years and years to implement. Nobody can expect them to face a future with no means of power generation.

They've got no coal, they can't refine their own oil and have to import refined products, and the obvious solution for them seems to be nuclear power. Telling them to go and gather sticks to cook with is as insulting as it's absurd.

In answer to an earlier poster who was complaining that Iran was busy making rockets and chemical and bio weapons, I've got to say what the hell do you expect them to do? America and Israel have spent the last four years threatening Iran with implied nuclear attacks and have come to within a hairs-breadth of actually doing it. There's HOW many carrier fleets in the Gulf about to illegally blockade Iran? Does anyone here with an IQ greater than a fruit dish seriously expect Iran to just sit back and let it happen without a counter-measure? Wake up!

There is such a huge failure of imagination on these boards sometimes. People need to close their eyes and imagine how they'd react if an aggressive foreign superpower was threatening to launch massive (maybe nuclear) attacks on mainland USA and had placed massed fleets of warships, nuclear submarines and gigantic aircraft carriers just off the coast. Would you all sit quietly and let them get away with it? I didn't think so.

"My god! HOW AWFUL! Those damn Iranians are going to try and defend themselves against our bullying and warmongering so we can destroy their culture and plunder their only Asset! What a terrible thing to do! Don't they know they should just let us smash them and not fight back against us as we plunder their oilfields and destroy their ancient nation?!? They're OBVIOUSLY guilty if they dare lift a finger to stop us!"

Have any of you ever heard of the Witches Ducking Stool? The way it worked was like this: If a woman in the village was accused of being a witch she was tied to the chair and was lowered into the village pond. If she sank and drowned she was innocent. If she floated she was guilty and would be burned alive.

Sound familiar?

[edit on 24/9/2008 by jupiter1uk]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join