It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to address nation tonight on economy woes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Yes esp. after seeing the new thread about Mccain putting campaign and debates on hold.
I am very worried.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So McCain is postponing his campaign and the debates and Bush is taking the stage tonight?
Anybody else think this is beyond coincidence?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I will love to use my conspirators mind here and say that Bush will hold elections until the "financial crisis is over" now that McCain is wants to hold the debates and campaign.

But my reasoning mind tells me that McCain is in the red right now, been a Republican candidate trying to take hold of a position after another Republican that is going to go into history with a very bad reputation, McCain is just out of words right now to defend why this nation needs another republican president

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes Marg but that is still something I cannot understand...
Why in the world would Bush's handlers, the administration and the feds think it would be a good idea to have Bush up on stage telling us all the gloom and doom.
I just don't get why anyone would think they would get more support for the bailout with Bush addressing the nation.
To pass the bailout I would think they would want to stay far away from Bush considering is extremely low approval rating, support and popularity.

Smells fishy!
Guess we will find out in a couple of hours...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

You know to be honest that is the first thing that came into my mind, why they want to put bush on the news to talk about a financial crisis that is happening under his presidency.

Then why would McCain running for president will want to get close to Bush knowing that no matter what this crisis is going into history as happening under Bush that is after all a Republican president.

Kind of scary indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Good, now I don't feel like I am a loon for thinking that.
I guess we will find out more in the next 24 hrs.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

it is now time for us to band together as the true government, the people of america. we need to stand up against these corporations and our so called government and fight to keep this country. this is my question to president bush: where have you been, we the people of america knew this country's economy was in crisis for a few years now. we can tell you that because $40.00 at the grocery gets you one bag of grocery these days (that is if you get stuff on sale). we the people of america can tell you this because our homes are being foreclosed on. we can no longer afford to pay our rents. we the people of america can tell you this because there are a few nights we have to go to bed without dinner in order to feed our children and or to pay for our train fare or to save for gas money. welcome to our reality.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I guess it doesn't matter that 80% of Americans say a big fat NO!!!! to the bail out. Or the fact that CNN is being swamped with thousands of emails from people saying NO!!!!

This damn government is going to pass what ever bail out bill they want because in reality "we the people" have no say in the matter...they rule our tax dollars.

I hate to say this but it's true...I think it's time we take up arms against those in Washington, get these people out of power, and start over before it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join