It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. denies crossing the line.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
**my thread has been placed in this forum over my objection**

"U.S. drone" crashes in Pakistan

The Pakistani military confirmed that a pilotless aircraft had come down but did not identify it as American. Other countries with forces in Afghanistan have not been known to operate drones over Pakistani territory...

"A surveillance unmanned aerial vehicle while flying over Pak-Afghan border yesterday night crash landed, on this side of the border ... apparently due to malfunctioning," the army said in a statement.

"The wreckage ... has been recovered."

American officials earlier denied that the United States had lost any drones: "No such thing occurred," said one.

According to earlier news reports, some tribesmen had claimed to have shot down the drone late on Tuesday but a security force officer said the aircraft had not been hit by ground fire. "The body of the plane is intact and there are no bullet holes," said the officer, who declined to be identified. He said it was a small U.S. drone. "It's American. It's theirs, no one else flies drones there," the security force officer said. An intelligence official said aircraft was about three feet (1 meter) long with a wingspan of about 5 feet. Residents of North Waziristan said people opened fire on a drone flying over the town of Mir Ali, a known militant sanctuary, on Wednesday but missed. The drone flew off.

So if the U.S. says they didn't cross the border with a drone how is it that they recovered a drone with or without bullet holes in Pakistan. Well it came from an unofficial source. What!? This is confusing.

And then there is this denial from U.S.

Pakistani troops and tribesmen opened fire on two U.S. helicopters that crossed into the country from neighboring Afghanistan, intelligence officials said Monday. The U.S. denied the report.

The helicopters did not return fire and re-entered Afghan airspace without landing, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media.

"There was no such incursion, there was no such event," said Col. Gary L. Keck, Defense Department spokesman.

So it happened.. it didn't happen? What!?

How long do they think they can play dumb? It's like a boyfriend who doesn't want to be the actual instigator of the breakup; the U.S. wants Pakistan to be the "official" instigator of war so they will cross the line without officially crossing the line until Pakistan says enough.

Pakistan isn't stupid.

Pakistan has said U.S. missile attacks and one U.S. ground assault are a violation of its sovereignty and the army has vowed to defend Pakistani territory.

This all sounds like war to me, "officially" or unofficially.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by anyone]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think this is exactly where it belongs because the War on Terror, as described by Pres. Bush, is the hunt for "terrorists" wherever they may hide. (snort, guffaw).

You're right though, if such an incursion across sovereign borders did occur, it would be considered (in my eyes) an "Act of War" and shouldn't be tolerated. However, I haven't read anything about how the UN reacted to the reports, if they even received them.

Nice topic.
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Hey thanks Cuhail.

I think the SWHTF soon.

I guess it's splitting hairs a bit, about the forum placement... no biggie it is really my personal feelings about "the war on terrorism."

Almost everyday now we are hearing more about the U.S. affairs with Pakistan. What will be next is a declaration of war.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here is another news story on the spy drone.

The U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan said one of its drones, which can be equipped with video surveillance equipment, went down Tuesday in the Afghan province bordering Waziristan. But it said coalition forces retrieved it and that no others were missing. The CIA also operates drones in the region.

Now it seems there is an inference to the CIA. Hmmm; interesting. It is obvious to me that Bush is trying to get away with as much as he can before the election.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by anyone]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Now the CIA probably does have quite a few of these drones and, more certainly, has less qualms about flinging it over any border lines. This I could believe, taking into consideration that the US Military says it had nothing to do with it.
I also doubt Pakistan cares which American "entity" flew it in, it just knows that it was an American drone and it's pissed.

In my own opinion, the "War on Terror" was a farce from the get-go. We just needed the Taliban off the Real Estate for a couple of reasons.

To get the oil moving in the right way. (Bush, Cheney, Big Oil...etc.)
To get the Heroin moving again. (CIA money-maker! Taliban tamped it down!)

Plus a few others.
The CIA has a big stake in the region.
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

There is definitely a mad dash going on right now around the globe seemingly strategically positioning for oil. I am sure the connections to more oil producing countries and the politics behind those with and without of as Bush would say the haves and the have-nots. You just have to connect the dots.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First it was denied that helicopters were fired on in Pakistan by Pakistan military, now they say it did happen but was in Afghanistan.

MSNBC link

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

It seems you're right about the narcotics bit... I just saw a news bit on the scrolling news on MSNBC that there is Narcotics Operations under way in Afghanistan against Opium production.

This is what the excuse will be anyhow.
Legit or not.

Here is a link to an MSNBC article

[edit on 25-9-2008 by anyone]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"Pakistan Leader Condemns attacks from friends"

This sounds like a pretty good warning.

"Just as we will not let Pakistan's territory to be used by terrorists for attacks against our people and our neighbors, we cannot allow our territory and our sovereignty to be violated by our friends," Zardari said. "Unilateral actions of great powers should not inflame the passions of allies," he said.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And another drone in Pakistan this one killing at least six.

How is this not an act of war?

Seriously... WTF?

top topics

join