It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The What U KNO Wall Street Bail Out Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, as we all know Bear Stern, Freddie Mac, Fannie May, and AIG needs a handout from Washington in order to keep going and thus ensure that our entire economy doesn't hit the toilet.

Well I was thinking last night, well it's not fair for us Americans to have to pay for such a plan. I mean, it's not MY fault these companies are going under.

So I came up with a solution that will solve two major problems in the US the first one of course is the Wall Street issue, the second one is the just punishment for one of the worlds most evil products to ever hit the store shelves.

We all have heard of this product, some of us even use it with much frustration. Those that do not use it are glad they have the intelligence not to have bought such a dastardly product.

So my solution, a simple solution, one that will help wall street and keep the FED from gaining too much power is this.

Make the person responsible for the worlds worst product release ever pay for the bailout of wall street!

I of course am referring to none other than

BILL GATES!

Why make Bill Gates pay 700 billion to fix wall street?

Thank you, I am happy to help!

[edit on 9/24/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So you think Vista is the world's worst product release? Really? Or are you just one of those people that jumped on the MS-bashing bandwagon because it was the cool thing to do?

All new operating systems have issues. Invariably there's old software that will have trouble running on a new system - especially when it's completely different at it's core. The only reason your old windows apps run at all is because they threw the old API on top as a compatibility layer. I think considering that it works pretty good.

I'm never the first to defend Microsoft as I think they do some shady things sometimes. But realistically, Vista was a pretty smooth launch. It wasn't widely accepted at first (and there's still some resistance to it), but it wasn't horrible.

Turn off UAC and it's very easy to accept it as the next Windows. If you don't disable UAC, it's the worst OS ever.

Off the top of my head, the worst product release that I've experienced is Anarchy Online. At launch the servers were so laggy that pressing a button wouldn't do anything in the game for several seconds, people were going linkdead left and right, it was buggy to the point of almost being unplayable (if you did manage to stay in the game more than 30 seconds), etc.

If you're going to bash MS, at least have a valid reason for it. =)

I used to be completely anti-Mac, but with OS X it's actually been a decent system and I love my Mac I use at work.

[edit]

Oh yeah, what does Vista have to do with the current economic conditions? Why should Bill Gates be held responsible?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

joke did not go over well did it?

join