It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuel efficient transportation. Rotary Powered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Since Ford's new hybrid runs on deisel and won't be sold in the US, and Chrysler's new prototype won't be around for a few years,
I would like to know where to get one of these Rotory vehicles to save on fuel consumption.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I assume you mean the Wankel engine. en.wikipedia.org...
I think mazda has exclusive rights to it as it stands as no other car has them.
There are problems with them though, they aren't very fuel efficent and have problems with oil consumption because the "cylinder" that is created with every rotation cannot (with current technology) form a leakproof seal from metal contraction/expansion during hot and cold operation.

I've done my fair share of research on alternative engines and the best (in my opinion) is the Brown's Gas HHO/Gas hybrid. www.brownsgas.com...
The reason I think this case is valid, is the creator shows proof of patents for 3 types of inventions using this idea and, most importantly shows in detail exactly how you can create you're own from parts around the house and a hardware store.
Basicly it goes like this: 2 H2o molecules are broken down to there simplest forms H1+H1 - O2+O2+O2+O2 then combined in a controlled way to form 2H2+02 which is a flammable gas and as it has no carbon, the only emission is H2O in its purest form. This is how the Japanese have a car that only runs on water but it needs a jumpstart to heat the gas to its critical point.
Linky
Sad that this has been suppressed so much. Basicly self sufficent once it gets going and makes clean drinking water and energy.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thats a Radial engine, found in old airplanes and WW2 Navy fighters, That one is obviously a "small" one. Not fuel effecient at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snift

Well if you vacate the law of conservation of energy, anything's possible. In my humble opinion, doing this as it applies to some new car idea is a disservice to green energy enthusiasts because it's entirely bogus, and paint the entire movement in a silly light.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I thought that this was about the Wankel rotary until I saw the old rotary cylinder aircraft engine. That scooter is a trip. It probably leaks more oil than an old Harley Shovel head from the A.M.F. production days. Suziki needed assistance by way of the Japanese government and an engine designed by Kawasaki to keep from going under in the mid 70s due to putting all of their money into a Wankel powered motorcycle. The thing was beyond weird looking, terribly inefficient and even slow. About the HHO system, I like the idea and am talking to an old running buddy about a possible joint venture producing and installing a very optimized version on our own cars and seeing if we can come up with the numbers we will need to turn a profit. We were exposed to the process in the 1960s by an old maid science teacher that nearly burned her classroom down every year making Brown's Gas. Combining this simple technology with other simple tuning tricks seems to be working for a lot of people. A ceramic coated or stainless steel exhaust system is almost a must.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by Snift

Well if you vacate the law of conservation of energy, anything's possible. In my humble opinion, doing this as it applies to some new car idea is a disservice to green energy enthusiasts because it's entirely bogus, and paint the entire movement in a silly light.

If you look carefully, no law is broken.
The seemingly "free" energy is not free at all. It's coming from the atomic bond of the hydrogen and oxygen being broken, then reconstructed producing heat.
This is also happening inside the machine as well, keeping the process going.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Snift

It takes more energy to break these bonds than will be released when they are combined.

Bummer I know, the laws of Thermodynamics are like the Mom of the universe... They exist purely because she says so.

top topics

join