It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We CAN Do Something :: ALL Incumbents to the Curb!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For just a minute put aside your Left/Right; Rep/Dem; Conservative/Liberal; Red/Blue; Rich/Poor; AM/FM; Mac/PC prejudices. We are on the precipice of being truly screwed people and for once we need to work togther to put a stop to things. This very well may be our only chance.

Our government is seriously broken. We ALL know that. Not the President. Not Congress. ALL of it. Look what has happened in only recent years:

9/11 :: No matter what your take on that event is, at a minimum the goevernment ignored intelligence from our own intel agencies as well as foreign governments and allowed us to be attacked. Our response --- during the attacks --- was woefully poor and ineffectual. The government (at a minimum) screwed-up

The Wars :: We've been dragged into 2 (arguably 3) wars based upon either cooked intelligence or bad intelligence depending on your position. In any case, the wars were unaffordable financially (not to mention in human terms) and have created far more problems then they could ever have hoped to solve: The government screwed-up

The FDA :: Charged with the oversight of our food and pharmaceuticals we have had more outbreaks of food-borne illnesses, pet food contamination, lead paint contamination, etc. than ever before. The agency isn't working. It needs to be restructured.

Department of the Ineterior :: Among other things, the DOI is responsible for protecting OUR interests in federal land oil leases through oversight of the oil companies. INstead, they have been taking gifts, trips, drugs gone to parties with and done the horizontal mambo with the very oil company personnel they were hired to oversee.

HUD :: Need I say anything here? They have the responsiblity of oversight of the housing market. Way to go boys. Good job.

Treasury :: Oversight of the financial markets? Really?

And on, and on...

So, we have a problem of innefectual government screwing us through mismanagement, personal agendas and outright fraud on the people. Time for a change.

To this end I URGE everyone here to commit to voting every incumbent out of office. Every single one. From the local, state and federal levels. We don't give a rats ass who the opponent is --- clearly it doesn't matter if the people that are in there now are 'the best' --- vote ALL incumbents out.

This effort would be an effective and more importantly acheivable message to all government people and politicians that we have had enough. The game ends now. Your political careers are over and the age of 'professional politics' has come to an end. If we were able to achieve this it would be unmistakeable and abundently clear. It would send a message that we are angry and that. more importantly, despite THEIR efforts to prevent it we CAN organize and work together. That, people, is their greatest fear.

Bring it down. Vote them out. All of them. Please help.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Perhaps this idea is looking better this morning? If this whole thing isn't a hose-job I'll register Republican. What a mess.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. Get rid of the bums. This is what happens when your representatives and congressmen choose to represent the interests of the lobbyists who do not even live in their district instead of the constituents who do live in their districts.

I would also propose making lobbying illegal. Their constituents are the only ones who the congressmen and representatives should be listening to. That is why we pay them.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes I agree we need to clean house,get rid of all the dead weight and lobbyist's they don't have the public's interest,it's all about how much money you have after the smoke clears,I really think they could care less,look at the country need anymore be said

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't think in and of itself it will solve anything. But it will disrupt the prevailing system and break the existing SIG ties. Most importantly it will send a clea and unmistakeable message to politicians that we are done. We need to end the whole concept of the 'career politician'. It's those folks and their ilk that have put this country into the shameful mess we find ourselves.

join