It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much suspicion around masons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Honestly, I've never seen so much obsession over one group..why? There are plenty of other secret societies that have much more influence over world affairs, aren't there?

/discuss

[edit on 24-9-2008 by dragonseeker]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Assuming many are emotionally 'married' to their conspiracy of choice, there are few who offer themselves as 'target' of suspicion as easily as the practitioners of the craft.

My personal opinion differs from most, but the more rabid and fervent critics will not be silenced in this matter. Logic or no.

On the other hand, the Masons do not exactly endear themselves to their critics. (But then, they don't really have to.)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
there are few who offer themselves as 'target' of suspicion as easily as the practitioners of the craft.

Really? How so?

Originally posted by Maxmars
On the other hand, the Masons do not exactly endear themselves to their critics. (But then, they don't really have to.)

What do you mean by that?

I think the truth is that masons draw attention because unlike so many of the other groups conspiracy theorists spend time on, masons are real - there is no doubt we exist. That's a big step over some of the other groups that most do not believe even exist, such as the modern day "Illuminati." Also, unlike other groups that have real and actual power over policy, like the CFR, freemasonry admits it has no such power. For the paranoid, this is an invitation to begin assuming the opposite is true.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a friend of mine just e-mailed me this youtube link, it's a rap video by Nas(warning, offensive language)..it's got a little shoutout for masons in there..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-9-2008 by dragonseeker]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If only Nas did any research before writing his lyrics, he would be horrified to associate himself with a bunch of guys whose biggest claim to world domination is arranging regional or (collective gasp) state wide fish fries.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"Why is there so much suspicion around masons?" - on this forum?

Perhaps it is because of their behaviour on this internet forum.

They flood the threads wherein they are mentioned and harass the OP - they do not leave the thread until they have make their perfunctory posts and replicate successfully the thread debunking model that you have noticed in every single thread featuring masons.

This is a very effective model. They use it persistently.

Perhaps this is the cause of some of the suspicions about masons on this forum.

Most of whom are just porch masons who only attend fish fries and charity cook-outs, and who ardently defend their new found faith on internet forums.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Totally agree with the above post.

Disagreeing with opinions on the internet is EXTREMELY suspicious.

Obviously, Masons deserve all the accusations of Satan worship, child molestation, and collaboration with evil bloodsucking aliens if they're going to present a contrary viewpoint on internet forums... How dare they!!

Furthermore, as the poster above has rightly pointed out, the fact that the Masons AGREE WITH EACH OTHER is equally heinous. There is clearly an organised methodology at play here, because it couldn't be anything so preposterously simple as the fact that they merely share the same views and understanding.

Damn the Masons for presenting a consistent viewpoint. If they were as varied and colourful in their views on, and knowledge of, Freemasonry as their critics are, maybe they wouldn't cop it so badly.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

"Disagreeing with opinions on the internet is EXTREMELY suspicious. "

you see, disagreeing I can understand.... But disagreeing WITH opinions- that is too much

But let's face it; Masons post in groups of two's and three. There is a pattern. It cannot be denied. On a conspiracy forum,that is often all it takes to work up a juicy theory.... which is then attacked by two or three masons. OMG conspiracy!

Roark, are you a mason? are you one of.... them?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Firstly, I suspect the reason we see SO many posts about Masons is because they're infatuated with themselves, obsessed by themselves, are their own favourite subject and would like to be everyone else's favourite topic too.

Secondly, you'd need to ask Masons why they're so suspect.

And thirdly, I'm reasonably satisfied that the original Freemasons disbanded some hundreds of years ago, partly as result of the Industrial Revolution .. after which Freemasonry was taken over by a specific control-mad group and then downgraded to the hocus pocus we see today.

It shouldn't rightly be called Freemasonry any longer imo. It should be called what it is .. just another branch of zionism

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Firstly, I suspect the reason we see SO many posts about Masons is because they're infatuated with themselves, obsessed by themselves, are their own favourite subject and would like to be everyone else's favourite topic too.

And this is exactly why 98% of the posts on this board about masons are not started by masons, and other 2% are started in response to anti-mason posts to topics started by anti-masons to avoid going off-topic in the original anti-mason thread. Wait..

Really, as a mason, I would prefer nothing more than if conspiracy theorists would focus their efforts on groups that have actual power. Its kind of sad that with all the vast amounts of information out there, people still believe down right lies and make conspiracy theories about freemasonry.

I have to admit, freemasonry really isn't my favorite subject. Its interesting, but not #1.

Secondly, you'd need to ask Masons why they're so suspect.

My thought then would be...because people will find groups bent on diabolical world domination whenever its what they really want to believe and refuse to accept any alternative.

And thirdly, I'm reasonably satisfied that the original Freemasons disbanded some hundreds of years ago, partly as result of the Industrial Revolution .. after which Freemasonry was taken over by a specific control-mad group and then downgraded to the hocus pocus we see today.

REALLY? I would LOVE to see ANY evidence for this one. You could get in every masonic journal out there - maybe even write a book or two..assuming you had any evidence! I'd especially like to hear how it seems that no one in freemasonry knows about this, and how the membership rolls show those alive in the industrial revolution era didn't just drop off all at once and died at different times.

It shouldn't rightly be called Freemasonry any longer imo. It should be called what it is .. just another branch of zionism

Oh but then I see we're back to the whole "zionist" thing. How disappointing. I don't guess you'd care to explain how we are now controlled by the jews?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Oh but then I see we're back to the whole "zionist" thing. How disappointing. I don't guess you'd care to explain how we are now controlled by the jews?
What I'd really love to see is a debate among those who believe Freemasons are controlled by the jews, those who believe Freemasons are controlled by the Vatican and those who believe Freemasons are controlled by the Queen of England. I'm sure there's at least one person with a theory by which all three of the others are correct, but I don't have the brainspace to entertain such thoughts.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
you see, disagreeing I can understand.... But disagreeing WITH opinions- that is too much

But let's face it; Masons post in groups of two's and three. There is a pattern. It cannot be denied. On a conspiracy forum,that is often all it takes to work up a juicy theory.... which is then attacked by two or three masons. OMG conspiracy!

Roark, are you a mason? are you one of.... them?

Multiple Masons post here, as do multiple non-Masons. I agree that, on this site, in particular, the fact of multiple masons posting in one thread generates accusations of collusion and conspiracy, but that's the nature of this site. It doesn't mean that there is a conspiracy to do so. I would find that really pathetic.

To answer your last question, dude, I used to be a Mason until fairly recently. I am still paid up for this year, and my "formal" membership is still current, but I no longer consider myself one and I no longer attend lodge meetings.

This is mainly due to my current spiritual situation. I've pretty much become an atheist, or an agnostic, depending on your definition.

Whilst I really enjoyed the fellowship and the learning, and have no problems with the fraternity or its members at all, I can't in good conscience continue to call myself a Freemason when one if its most basic requirements is a belief in God.

It's sad for me, but there it is. I will still continue to call my former Masonic brothers friends, as they are all sterling individuals whom I would trust with my wife AND my life. ;-)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As usual I thought of another really good question for the Masons ..
Why are you all here at a MAJOR conspiricy board ? Isnt this place a little outside of your brotherly backyard barbques and fish fry atmosphere ?
I noticed most of you dont even believe there are any conspiricies going on anywhere ..so it makes no sense as to why you are here ...

Especially some of the Granddaddys (Like Appak ) *Hi again (((HUGS)) lol
I would think yall could find a much better place to hang than here ...

Although I am not really sure exactly why I am here myself LOL >..except that at least I do believe there are many conspiricies going on ..so I have at least that much in common with the folks here ....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Josh I believe they are all interconnected ..
Sorry for the one liner ..but I am not feeling real talkative yet ..lol

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I'd be willing to be the reason why you see so many posts by Masons is because many of the threads started in the Secret Societies forum indirectly attack their own character.
So, for the most part you get a number of them who hang out here on ATS, and do post on other topics, posting on those threads.
Ooh, conspiracy. You insult someone and they come in to say otherwise.

Oh, and Simplynoone, they are conspiracy theorists, didn't notic a suggested list when entering, did you?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
As usual I thought of another really good question for the Masons ..
Why are you all here at a MAJOR conspiricy board ? Isnt this place a little outside of your brotherly backyard barbques and fish fry atmosphere ?
I noticed most of you dont even believe there are any conspiricies going on anywhere ..so it makes no sense as to why you are here ...

Especially some of the Granddaddys (Like Appak ) *Hi again (((HUGS)) lol
I would think yall could find a much better place to hang than here ...

Although I am not really sure exactly why I am here myself LOL >..except that at least I do believe there are many conspiricies going on ..so I have at least that much in common with the folks here ....
I would think most, if not all, of the Masons who frequent ATS do believe in some conspiracies. Just not the BS that is propagated about Masonic conspiracy. I can believe that Oswald didn't act alone, 9-11 didn't happen the way we were told it happened, and any number of other things and still maintain Masonic innocence. Heck, I can even believe in shadow governments and closed room deals that broker the fate of the world, and that members of such deals ARE part of SOME organization. But that still doesn't mean that organization is Masonry.

Masonry is one of two "catch-all" organizations that people like to blame. The other is the Illuminati (which hasn't existed for a few centuries last I checked...) But they're words. They're labels. And people who are using them to describe their pet theories do not fully understand the meanings of those words, the history behind the organizations that really do bear those names, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
there is suspision surrounding the masons because the vatican wills it. because since it's founding, the vatican has made a practice of crushing anything that threatens IT'S power and control over the masses.

This is not theory, this is fact. The crusades, the inquisitions.. they were less about doing what they thought was right by god, and more about doing what was right by their need to control the world and build their holy city of gold.

The masons are just another in a long line of victims of this practice, they have simply managed to survive longer then other such victims. which of course only adds to their suspision... it's a viscious cycle isnt it.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Secret Master]

top topics

join