It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Lose Your Home, Lose Your Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

GOP: Lose Your Home, Lose Your Vote

www.thenation.com

Senator John McCain was a foot soldier in the deregulation revolution, which triggered the current banking crisis and the wave of foreclosures. In Michigan, his party wants to deny the right to vote to victims of the GOP's misguided economic policies and the sleazy banking practices they encouraged.

James Carabelli, chairman of the Republican Party of Macomb County outside Detroit, said, "We will have a list of foreclosed homes and will make sure people aren't voting from those addresses," the Michigan Messenger.com reported September 10. Barack Obama's campaign and the Democratic Party quickly filed a lawsuit in federal court on behalf of three Michigan residents who lost their houses to foreclosure, to stop the Michigan GOP from carrying out what Democrats called an "ugly" and "horrific" plan. Michigan is a key swing state where a few thousand votes could determine who wins its seventeen Electoral College votes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And so it begins... the Democrats try and get people to vote and the Republicans try and prevent people (only those inclined to vote against them) from voting.

What is wrong with this picture?

www.thenation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've been following this story for a week or so and I have been so surprised that the MSM has not picked it up.

Of course they want to disenfranchise those voters because they are very likely to boot their asses out of elected office.

That's all I can really comment on the topic. I don't want to get the ban hammer and I just have nothing measured to say about this Rovian tactic being used in Michigan.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

[edit: fixed link]

[edit on 24-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join