It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Symbolism of the Flag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have a theory that flags represent more than meets the eye. Your comments are very much appreciated. Well, it starts with US history. It is well known that US flag (stars and bars) share something in common with the British Jack, and that is the color schema.. Red White and Blue. Is this a coincidence? I will come back to the secret of the Stars & Bars in a moment, but for now please indulge me

Have a look at this variation of the British Naval Jack:

Please note the montage of this flag containing the Red Cross along with the Jack itself. Next up... Take a look at the Flag of the Red Cross

Think about what the Red Cross Flags from The World represent. This includes the Red Cross, Red Cresent, and Red Diamond. I want your to think about what the color Red symbolizes in your mind.

Now I bring your attention to this flag:

What does this represent to your mind? Black/White + Red Cross For me it represents "racial tolerance" and "benevolence" + "compassion". And for me this is just a symbol and how I perceive it. Did anyone see The DaVinci code? Well Life Imitates Art. This flag is actually a Templar Flag.

Now take a look at this work of Art by Scaramuccia

If this image is offensive to you, I am sorry.. maybe put on blinders or "Cheap Sunglasses" (this reference for me is something personal, a metaphor which I will reveal later)

This knowledge came to in "Real Time" from something that occurred on the Jay Leno show. Please see this related link documenting my experience.

This is not about a prediction, but just the logic of subliminal light and symbolic social behavior.

I have a theory which goes way beyond this if anyone is interest, please engage in a dialog with me. The Star and Bars I will mention later in the thread.

I am map and I approve this message

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What I see in the Templar Cross = The blood of Christ rules over all.

To break it down...

Black & White = Positive/Negative forces both of the world and universe.
Red = Blood, life, the soul.
Cross = An equal armed cross, a solar symbol, stretching to the edges signifies dominance.

Despite all their evil connotations today, the Templar Knights were a religious order, so that's how I interpret it.

In the painting, it appears to be a white cross on a red background which was used by the Knights Hospitaller, a precursor to the Red Cross of today.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Actually I was taught that the 13 red+white stripes on the American flag represent 1) the thirteen original colonies, and 2) the 'blood' and 'bandages' from the Revolutionary war. So the symbolism of the color red there isn't subtle at all, but was in fact an overtly acknowledged part of the original design.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thank you to my observant friends for your observations regarding this..
Now my next question to you? Color is the key here.

Ever heard the Term Red Blooded American? Do all human being have Red Blood?

The question is up for debate. This one for the Record... There is a lie being told in the history. I question the theory of nobility that needs to be resolved once and for all. If there are any of blue blue among us, they will need to prove it. Do you understand where I am going with this? Who are we kidding?? ourselves?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Somebody needs to clarify this assertion.

Blue blood is an English idiom recorded since 1834 for noble birth or descent

That is all I am saying. Thank You for indulging my topic.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

What I find interesting is that the term "blue blood" is considered European, but from what I understand, the Hindus have known of them for much longer as many of their gods are depicted as blue. Reasons given seem varied, but my interpretation is that they represent non-breathing entities. Perhaps that's because they don't breathe as we do, or they don't need to breathe at all.

I believe the term blue-blood to be taken from these older traditions as a way to imply the divinity of human royalty, a lie that enslaves mankind to this day. Many ancient rulers in many cultures were said to be descended from or gods themselves, but over time the purity has been lost. But the phrase remains and the lie continues.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yes; I believe the term 'Red-Blooded American', as you mention, come from a contrast with the 'blue-blooded' label of nobility. It implies egalitarianism. I've heard theories that hemophilia, anemia, silver poisoning, or indolence might be responsible for the origin of the label 'blue blooded' as applied to 'noble gentry'.

There's also a connotation of unity with the term 'red blooded'. It reminds that, as they say, "we all bleed the same color" regardless of ethnicity or nationality.

Doesn't the bright red color of blood only really appear when exposed to air? Something about iron? Would other colors of blood be metabolically possible in humans? Lobster blood is colorless, and turns bluish when exposed to air.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the george cross is the cross of the crusaders...at least i assume it is...can also be found here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Interesting.. This flag contains piss yellow. I will have to think about what that might represent. What does "yellow" represent in your mind? I will reserve my comment about "yellow" until I get some feedback.

Thank you for the insightful comment.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

In respect to blue blood.

"Blue blood Meaning The blood that which flows in the veins of old and aristocratic families. Origin A literal translation of the Spanish 'sangre azul', attributed to some of the oldest and proudest families of Castile, who claimed never to have intermarried with Moors, Jews, or other races. The expression probably originated in the blueness of the veins of people of fair complexion as compared with those of dark skin. That was certainly the understanding in the 19th century, and there seems little reason to doubt it. In 1834 Maria Edgeworth published 'Helen', which reiterates that opinion: "[Someone] from Spain, of high rank and birth, of the sangre azul, the blue blood."

Source

Didn't want to post the wiki version, although it says roughly the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok.. Here is the deal apparently yellow is also tied to the tribes of China

as well.. Which is very interesting. Because in my mind, it represent
"Caution" as traffic light might be viewed. Does that ring a bell?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

well, as far as I know.. blue blood is a myth among human beings of planet earth. I am just wondering if anyone can prove otherwise.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok here we get to the root of the problem.. and this has to do with a universal bot called Muro. Has links of Spanish origin. I will add that I need some help with Wiki, and translation help for Spanish. Apparently the Muro Bot has ties
to Sangre Azul, and a certain force of nature. I need to research further. Can I get some assistance from some of you smart people? Is there a connection between Sangre Azul and Napolean? I must admit I am not much of a history buff.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Good Post Mapsurfer. I've often wondered about the flags and what they truly represent. In these below, I just saw all the same colors. I know colonies can take on aspects of the host nation. I am interested to hear your theories...Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I really need some help with my notes.. Can you guys please Star and Flag
so I can get this promoted to generate some interest? Or perhaps one of the mods to make this stick to the top.

Thank you.

-map

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You seem to be changing the focus of this thread with every post. Perhaps people could be more helpful if you were a little more forthright.

edit: My apologies, I should say forthcoming. Honestly, I'm confused about what exactly it is you're looking for, but can understand if it isn't something you want to reveal fully. I have the same situation myself quite a bit.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I personally would have interpreted yellow as the sun, or the light of the sun. Y

Yellow for "caution" is a pretty recent invention, I think.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Recent? Well the yellow light on a traffic light has meant caution for a long time.
Yeah you are right, I got off topic there, but..

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, let's see.. cars have only been around since 1893, so even if you count traffic SIGNS and don't wait for traffic LIGHTS to be invented, that's only 115 years.

For comparison, here are the dates some of the national flags were established:

Belgium - 1789
Denmark - 1625
France - 1794
Sweden - 1569 (yellow cross on blue background)
Turkey - 1793
U. K. - 1801

So ... still think the yellow on flags might have come from cautionary traffic lights?

Anyway, apparently we're both wrong about yellow:

According to Ancient and Heraldic traditions much symbolism is associated with colors. The colors on the Spanish flag represent the following:
* Yellow - a symbol of generosity
* Red - hardiness, bravery, strength & valour
Source

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
While I am not entirely sure what you are looking for the meaning of the U.S. flag isn't a secret.

The red represents the british and the white is the purity of the colonize intersecting and separating themselves from the british. It was actually a very poignant message to the british on the battle field.

The stars, 13 originally, represent the members of the union.

In the past people used flags and family shields to convey lots of ideas about a collection of people or even individuals. There is no conspiracy here we simply don't recognize these symbols any more because they have fallen out of use.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join