It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Declares Nuclear Holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Iran Declares Nuclear Holiday

www.youtube.com

Iranian President Ahmadinejad declared a national holiday in honor of nuclear technology and posted photos of a tour of a uranium enrichment plant on his presidential site. David Martin reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Tell me this is not a case of Iran blatantly rubbing the US nose in declaring a national holiday to celebrate Nuclear capabilities.

It may seem alarming to you tha tthe CBS report seems a little biased about thier intentions...

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Ok look this guy is a nut.
Why does he keep pushing?
He is going to be responsible for the deaths of many innocent Iranians and Persians due to his irresponsible behavior.
The international community has offered to come and build Nuclear power in Iran for them for free.
And he turned it down because he doesn't want them monitoring it because he wants to build nuclear missiles.
He doesn't want the international community having control over the weapons grade plutonium.
I don't want wars, but this idiot is really killing his country.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You gotta love that fella, he's the funniest man in World politics at the moment

Id say it definitely has something to do with a agreement between Iran and Russia to try and make a complete mockery of the US.

And for the record, just because he is celebrating his countries ability to produce nuclear power shouldn't have people in the US wanting to invade them...

or wait..

The US have invaded countries and killed countless for an awful lot less in the past, maybe it does give them the right to invade iran

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I dont even think Russia takes Amdinejad seriously.
The think hrrm ok we can sell some crap to him but no doubt they think hes an idiot just the same.
If Iran didn't want to buy stuff off Russia they wouldn't care about Iran at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Admadinjed is a clown , but not as big a clown as bush nor as murderous as him

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Those boys DO have a sense of humor. Honestly I find that attitude to be refreshing. Plenty of gov leaders engage in controversial endeavors, when they do it with a bit of flare it is a welcome relief.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sigh...

This feels like a bad dream for me...

I'm not from US nor from Iran... but just listen:

The ONLY country who has EVER used a nuclear weapon against people (during war) is the same country that still has the greatest nuclear arsenal in the whole world, is the same country that does not want anybody else to have nukes AND all other countries are OKAY with that...
WTF??? Who elected US to be the world judge?

I say let EVERYBODY have their own nuclear missiles... perhaps that will even the odds (?).

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This has more to do about making an unpopular government turn the Nuclear issue into a nationalistic one.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
The international community has offered to come and build Nuclear power in Iran for them for free.

He doesn't want the international community having control over the weapons grade plutonium.

Can you provide any sources for this information? Like who, where and when Iran was offered a free nuclear reactor and what weapons grade plutonium you're talking about?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Ok look this guy is a nut.
Why does he keep pushing?
He is going to be responsible for the deaths of many innocent Iranians and Persians due to his irresponsible behavior.

That's kind of like saying it's the rape victims fault for being raped... "It's OK Mr. Rapist, you were just teaching her a lesson for trying to be independent."

... lol, OK, in all seriousness now...

Every country has full right to choose what powers their nation... if the US or Israel attack Iran for this, then it's the US's or Israel's fault, and their fault alone.

Whats next? Invade Canada because we use nuclear power too? lol.

If the "international community" wants to be Iran's only allowed dealer of nuclear material, well, that's an understandable business venture, but Iran has the right to chose who they buy from.

If Iran doesn't want to buy solely from the "international community" then great... too bad for the international community, they don't get to dictate terms.

... but that's what this has always been about hasn't it?
Having the upper hand on all other nations.

Heaven forbid one of those nations should make decisions without begging the US for permission first. lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
All I see in this report is about 50 iranians celebrating something and an irianian flag. That were the first 2 seconds. The rest is known to us for years. Aren't those centrifuges only enriching uranium to 3% used for electricity? Apparently not. The report is not very clear and only asumes it's used for an atomic bomb. Very poor and biased reporting. Very disapointed that cbs news is lowering their standards of news reporting once more.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
The report is not very clear and only asumes it's used for an atomic bomb. Very poor and biased reporting. Very disapointed that cbs news is lowering their standards of news reporting once more.

I am glad I am not the only one who saw that. disapointed however? More like expected considering recent ativities.

I am really starting to think the US is becoming little more than a barking dog in regards to the iran issue and Ahmadinejad knows it. If this isn't enough to enrage the US enough to go in what will?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yes i would agree that the report was very one sided, and i think this is just more media propaganda.

When you look at a book from the out side can you tell what the book is about ?? NO!! so how do we the general public know that what they are showing us is really for uranium enrichment.

top topics

join