It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia incident, failed to catch fire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't know if this is common knowledge for everyone except me, totally absurd, possible or plausible but last night i thought that it wouldn't be out of the question that the Georgia incident was a failed attempt to subvert attention from the first open signs of a crumbling economy.

Russia was just to quick to act and the world community didn't have time to blink before it was over and done with. I am shooting in the dark here but the timing for the Skirmish was perfect, only the duration was way to short.

I mean they did it the last time so why shouldn't they do it now?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
I don't know if this is common knowledge for everyone except me, totally absurd, possible or plausible but last night i thought that it wouldn't be out of the question that the Georgia incident was a failed attempt to subvert attention from the first open signs of a crumbling economy.

Russia was just to quick to act and the world community didn't have time to blink before it was over and done with. I am shooting in the dark here but the timing for the Skirmish was perfect, only the duration was way to short.

I mean they did it the last time so why shouldn't they do it now?

You may very well be onto something here.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

You could be correct. I want to wait until the collapse is final before saying that they missed their opportunity for a distraction though. I think there are still some surprises left for We the People.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Harman

I think there are still some surprises left for We the People.

Hopefully one of the suprises is our elected officials getting a backbone and working honestly and diligently across the aisles. They need to put an end to this madness that seeks to strip away our existance as a respected sovereign nation.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
You may very well be onto something here.

Thanks, to bad my detective skills are pretty useless so i can't back it up

Originally posted by Karlhungis
You could be correct. I want to wait until the collapse is final before saying that they missed their opportunity for a distraction though. I think there are still some surprises left for We the People.

True that, but it DOES show that anyone behind the scenes does not have all the strings tightly in hand. And it would be nice to know that the big bad boogey-men drops the ball now and then, it creates possibilities. So, all is not lost and whatever is going on it could go in any direction, even the good ones!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There was the statement from Putin shortly after it happened, when he said there was evidence, that someone in the USA had deliberately tried to spark a much larger event, maybe someone can find the ATS link to the story?

I apologise for not doing it myself, im not very well right now, and my attention span is needed just to read a few threads at a time.

This could cause a problem, where as something else has to be rushed together for the same effect, however im still convinced the Georgian part of the shield , is to protect troops already on the ground in the middle east, back then though i thought it was because of the imminent attack on Iran, now im not so sure.

You know if Iran where to attack Iraq right now or even if the economy got worse, would it be similar to the British Army rescue from France? at the start of WW11

There are not a lot of places for American troops to run for if the logistics fell apart, a week or two without being resupplied would certainly create a lot of problems regarding just defending themselves, never mind defending the Iraqi people, it would turn out to be a disaster of epic proportions.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, because many are hooked on the chapters of revelations, everything we veiw, do or hear is part of the spark that ignited armaghedan.

new topics

top topics

join