It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Larry King Live - Iranian President Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

CNN LARRY KING LIVE - IRANIAN PRESIDENT INTERVIEW

www.cnn.com

His interview with Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Get his take on America's political candidates in a revealing hour!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Removed 'all caps' from title

[edit on 24/9/08 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
After seeing this interview, Iran is no real threat to US. While he is biases about the Jewish state, he has no beef with Jewish people. The Iranian leaders opposes gays.. Perhaps his own personal fear of the unknown. Appears to genuinely want what is best for his country. Seems to be a real advocate for a peaceful solution in the middle east. Let that region of the world derive their own peaceful resolution on their own dime. Our Troops want to Come Home.

All Human Beings KNOW war is bad. They aren't going to launch a first strike because they Love their people and land like we all do.

I am southern redneck, and I approve this message.

www.cnn.com

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
***Well Done***

This is what the US media does.. It creates enemies to keep the people rallied. Almost everything the US does on the World scale has been completely lied about.

I hope everyone in the US watches this interview and realizes that its the US government that are the scourge of the World.. not the Iranians, the Russians, the Chinese or the French.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
***Well Done***

This is what the US media does.. It creates enemies to keep the people rallied. Almost everything the US does on the World scale has been completely lied about.

I hope everyone in the US watches this interview and realizes that its the US government that are the scourge of the World.. not the Iranians, the Russians, the Chinese or the French.

What I really hope is that for everyone that reads your comment, understands that you say the US government. NOT Americans in general.

Too many ignorant people out there in the world think that the government is representing us. I just wish I knew how to change that image.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

After seeing this interview, Iran is no real threat to US. While he is biases about the Jewish state, he has no beef with Jewish people. The Iranian leaders opposes gays.. Perhaps his own personal fear of the unknown. Appears to genuinely want what is best for his country. Seems to be a real advocate for a peaceful solution in the middle east. Let that region of the world derive their own peaceful resolution on their own dime. Our Troops want to Come Home.

All Human Beings KNOW war is bad. They aren't going to launch a first strike because they Love their people and land like we all do.

www.cnn.com

He wants what is best for his country? Is that a joke?

Social and religious freedoms hardly exist, unemployment is rife, inflation is at absurd levels and foreign investment is seldom. Yet he still insists on creating a larger divide with the western world because of his skewed view and ideology. Make no mistake, his actions have made life for ordinary Iranians harder than ever.

It's funny how many seem to be revelling in this prime time interview and lapping up his propaganda. im sure the iranian public were also treated to this interview with a timed delay and edited to perfection. It's funny how he seems to exploit the free press here but there is next to no sign of free press in Iran!! He saw you coming thats for sure!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

Social and religious freedoms hardly exist, unemployment is rife, inflation is at absurd levels and foreign investment is seldom. Yet he still insists on creating a larger divide with the western world because of his skewed view and ideology. Make no mistake, his actions have made life for ordinary Iranians harder than ever.

It's funny how many seem to be revelling in this prime time interview and lapping up his propaganda. im sure the iranian public were also treated to this interview with a timed delay and edited to perfection. It's funny how he seems to exploit the free press here but there is next to no sign of free press in Iran!! He saw you coming thats for sure!

Hello, Are you referring to Iran or the US? We need to take a hard look at our own state of affairs and refrain from judging others. All nations have problems which exist along those lines and nobody is immune to that disease. It is important to maintain an open mind with regard to foreign affairs. A people should be judge/delt with based on their actions, and remember that preconceived notions are only thoughts of fear and paranoia. The human race is evolving to a higher intelligence.. Make no mistake about this fact. Cooler heads will prevail. Cast not the first stone.

I will agree that if Iran actually does *something* bad they will deserve what they get but until they actually do something, lets not sweat the little stuff, Nuclear power is resource the is considered to the old school, like AC power. Lets not deny people a resource of energy efficiency based on fear of a weapon of mass destruction. As history tells, weapons can take on many forms such as airplanes. Fear and Paranoia are the enemies here. I hope that you can understand my point of view.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Hello, Are you referring to Iran or the US? We need to take a hard look at our own state of affairs and refrain from judging others.

That was exactly my point!!! he's passing judgement on the US to further his rhetoric when in fact the average Iranian has far more severe problems to contend with than the average american i'll tell you that much.

I understand your point with regard to fear, but we are dealing with a complete loon here and caution is necessary.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Don't forget the Smear machine, tried to link Achmandinejad(don't care if I spelled it right) to the whole standoff with Iran during Jimmy Carter. It doesn't really matter what this man says because he doesn't hold the true power in Iran.

TheBluntTruth- Seriously get real and open your mind. Don't forget that people are not counted for unemployment unless they grovel to the unemployment line. And even then they're taken off the books after 6 months. Meaning right now the 6% unemployment the gov't says we had could be more like 10% or even as high as 20%. And Inflation wow what a joke. Have you been paying attention at all to what's been happening lately? What do you think all this money we're magically making out of no where is gonna do to the economy? Monday alone the dollar devalued so much, because of the bailout, oil jumped $20+.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hello, Are you referring to Iran or the US? We need to take a hard look at our own state of affairs and refrain from judging others.

That was exactly my point!!! he's passing judgement on the US to further his rhetoric when in fact the average Iranian has far more severe problems to contend with than the average american i'll tell you that much.

I understand your point with regard to fear, but we are dealing with a complete loon here and caution is necessary.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by theblunttruth]

"has far more severe problems" according to whom? You? The media? Has anyone in the west bothered to go out and take a massive poll of the Persian people?

Do you have ANY idea what the U.S. did to Iran in the mid 50s? Do you know who was put in power in Iran? Do you have any idea what he did to Iran? Did you know that in the early 50s, Iran was A FIRST-WORLD NATION, AND WAS PRO-WEST? What happened to change that? Here's a hint.... it had something to do with what the United States did. And here's another hint... it had something to do with oil.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Interesting perspective. Might I ask a question about this? What is the root of all evil? A multiple choice question.

A. Power
B. Greed
C. Sin
D. Money

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

www.cnn.com

Uhm, his idea of peace is the downfall of America and the destruction of Israel...yeah let me go get my tie dye and me and good ole Ahmadinejad can light some candles...wasn't Ahmadinejad in power when Iran took our embassy members hostage during the Carter administration? Anyhow, peace love and all that stuff, I really get that feeling with holocaust deniers. It's funny, Obama makes good talk, but people shoot him down because he's just a U.S. politician, but if Ahmadinejad goes on and speaks of peace...his record isn't questioned at all to most people....at least not here on ATS

[edit on 24-9-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yup, I think it's amazing how some people are sold on what Ahmadinejad had to say. Where's your critical thinking, my fellow ATSers? Indeed, McCain and Obama both get dissected on every sentence and sillable of their speeches and on every 15 min of their careers, but that Iranian dude gets a free ride? Give me a break. I agree exotic is cool, but this is just shear silliness.

I have a few Persian friends and I got news for you -- life in Iran sucks. They are are not even allowed to watch ordinary TV coming from neighboring Azerbaijan. If somebody is hungry for living under fascism, please pack up and to to Tehran for a few years. Talk to you then.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i would usggest everyone reads about Operation Ajax and how the USA deposed of a democratically elected government and put in its place a brutal puppet.

and as for:

I understand your point with regard to fear, but we are dealing with a complete loon here and caution is necessary

i totally agree - Bush is a complete loon and a threat to world peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Iran arms terrorists,their Royal Guard has killed U.S. troops in Iraq.
Some are legitimising,their actions today in this post,for what we did over 60 years ago.
So we should turn the other cheek and say we deserve it in our generation.
Foolish Rubbish
Religion drives Irans government not their puppet president.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Haven't watched the interview yet but I was wondering , did he thank the US for over throwing Iran's democratically elected government in the 80's which lead to there political structure that aloud him to be elected in the first place ?
If he didn't I would say he is acting just a bit ungrateful , don't you think ?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Probably not but opinions vary. I don't know if Saddam Hussein wanted the best for his country , or he was just buying them off, but women there had more rights than anywhere else in the middle east, health care was some of the best and the infrastructure were very well developed. Tyrants may not want to share power but that does not mean that they will build palaces instead of developing their countries and people.

Social and religious freedoms hardly exist, unemployment is rife, inflation is at absurd levels and foreign investment is seldom.

Social freedoms did take a nose dive during the time of the US installed Shah and the US backed war of aggression by Iraq against Iran didn't help their social freedoms much either. When the only political outlet is religious fundamentalism your giving them far more power than the people ever would have. As for the unemployment rate the unofficial US one is at about 12 percent and considering how foreign investment is forced at gunpoint into the US economy Iran is doing pretty damn well.

Yet he still insists on creating a larger divide with the western world because of his skewed view and ideology. Make no mistake, his actions have made life for ordinary Iranians harder than ever.

Western imperial actions have made life for the average Iranian hard and what little hardship their current leadership have imposed were largely facilitated by the threats constantly emanating from Israel and the US. Without these heavily armed and frequently aggressive foreign bogeymen the mullah's would have found themselves out on their collectively cloaked backsides some time ago.

It's funny how many seem to be revelling in this prime time interview and lapping up his propaganda.

It may be sad if i saw it taking place but it's far more striking that some are so fanatical that they dismiss everything he says out of hand. When it comes to reason and clarify of expression i pick him over George Bush and a good many members of the Bush inner circle/Senate any day. Even if you can't reason with a religious fundamentalist ( which he isn't; but lets pretend) you can at the very least appeal to the tenants of their faith which compels them to show mercy to their fellow man in times of need. You wont find that many or any people in the Bush cabinet holds such humane views so give me the religious fundamentalists any day of the week.

Stellar

im sure the iranian public were also treated to this interview with a timed delay and edited to perfection.

Why?

It's funny how he seems to exploit the free press here but there is next to no sign of free press in Iran!! He saw you coming thats for sure!

There is a difference between a free press and a press free to print the lies of their masters. At least in Iran the people has some idea of how much press freedom they don't have but in the US you will find that people actually believe that they are hearing the 'truth' (TM) .

Stellar

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Yup, I think it's amazing how some people are sold on what Ahmadinejad had to say.

Why sold and not just impressed?

Where's your critical thinking, my fellow ATSers? Indeed, McCain and Obama both get dissected on every sentence and sillable of their speeches and on every 15 min of their careers, but that Iranian dude gets a free ride? Give me a break. I agree exotic is cool, but this is just shear silliness.

Neither mccain not Obama ideas's or words are dissected in any worthwhile manner and while Obama's words are normally as horribly misrepresented by the GOP as the US MSM does with Ahmadinejad on his criticism of Israel?

I have a few Persian friends and I got news for you -- life in Iran sucks.

Life seriously sucks for around 1 billion people ( the one's who don't get three meals a day) and for a few billion more it's no party. If you want to blame Iran's leaders for that fine but they don't hold power and don't frequently invade many of these third world nations who test the global order by trying to set independent courses.

But i must commend you on your Persian friends; who would have guessed that you could be simultaneously close minded and cosmopolitan?

They are are not even allowed to watch ordinary TV coming from neighboring Azerbaijan. If somebody is hungry for living under fascism, please pack up and to to Tehran for a few years. Talk to you then.

Nah! If i did that how would i be able to tell you that i think your full of it when it comes to geopolitics.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Yup, I think it's amazing how some people are sold on what Ahmadinejad had to say. Where's your critical thinking, my fellow ATSers? Indeed, McCain and Obama both get dissected on every sentence and sillable of their speeches and on every 15 min of their careers, but that Iranian dude gets a free ride? Give me a break. I agree exotic is cool, but this is just shear silliness.

Yeah, I watched as much of the interview as I could stomach. "Loved" the part where Larry King asks him all about his family and kids and avoids any tough questions. Wait, that WAS the ENTIRE interview.

I wonder, would King have asked Hitler the same kinds of BS and inane questions if had the chance to do that interview?

[edit on 9/29/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yeah, I watched as much of the interview as I could stomach.

Weak stomach for such a though guy.

"Loved" the part where Larry King asks him all about his family and kids and avoids any tough questions. Wait, that WAS the ENTIRE interview.

And since we all know that Larry really grills people this is clearly part of the vast left wing conspiracy! Give me a break! Larry king might be many things but if he ever knew how to put deserving people on the spot he lost the ability , or rather the interest, a very very long time ago. In fact the dinosaurs may have just started dying out at that time.

I wonder, would King have asked Hitler the same kinds of BS and inane questions if had the chance to do that interview?

Probably, i mean Hitler treated Blondi pretty well so i suspect Larry would have focused on that just briefly mentioning the Holocaust and the second world war.

In any case why the hell bring up Hitler when we are talking about a guy who's done , for all i can see, very little to be deserving of comparison with a guy like Hitler? Are you suggesting that people with a interest in civil engineering and or architecture are biased in favor of trying to take over the world and killing people who likes ( or hates depending on what you believe the relationship is for most followers of that faith) the Talmud?

Just tell me as i am really quite confused by the comparison.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yeah, I watched as much of the interview as I could stomach.

Weak stomach for such a though guy.

Stellar

Tough enough ...

Still, to me Larry King now days more resembles a fugitive from a Harry Potter movie doing an interview than he does a human being. And I don't much like Harry Potter movies or any other kinds of fantasy science fiction ...

So, from that point of view, you have this H-P creature interviewing a possible monster and blowing pretty soap bubble at him instead of asking important questions.

Nah, I had better things to do.

Oh, and since you don't get the comparison. Simple, both Hitler and Ahmadinejad, or whatever seem to look at Jews in the same way - they believe only good one is a dead one.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by centurion1211]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join