It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had "True and Verifiable" evidence would you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
...market yourself or your "proof" to the highest bidder?

...immediately contact trusted media sources and inform them of your find?

...lose it and never speak of it again for fear of?

...write a book and/or join the seminar circuit?

I pose this question for a few reasons. One, going back to the history of California's gold rush.

It was often times that the people that got wealthy in an area were not the miners, but the merchants that provided the tools, such as pans, shovels and such.

I'm noticing the same trend in esoteric subjects. Here on ATS we have a top banner inviting us to the 10th annual UFO event. I clicked, checked tickets, and noticed it's just like any other seminar I've looked at. Ticket to get in price, ticket to hear more price, ticket to hear even more price, ticket to meet and greet price, ticket to meet, greet, and even drink price.

So, I posed myself with the question, "What would I do" if I had any kind of information that would lean towards the possibility of other life in the universe. Would I too fall into a "UFO Circuit" so to speak?

The answer for me was simple. First, I would do everything under my power to preserve the evidence, while at the same time trying to make any kind of back-up or photographic evidence and distribute that to as many reliable sources as possible, and I would try to remain "behind" the scenes of the matter, ultimately anonymous.

So, I guess this is kind of a "simple" survey, to see what you, the members of ATS would do.

If we all have the same answers more or less, it may just help us all tell the difference between the "Miner" and the "Merchant".

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
good question

whenever i see anyone trying to make money out of their experiences it immediately devalues what they are saying....for me at least...i just dont take it seriously.

what would i do?..get it out there asap...but..what would be proof?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yah, that is another good question... "What would be proof"

I mean we have literally hundreds of people claiming abductions, some with pictures of marks on their bodies, etc. But, it's not the "smoking gun" so to speak.

One of my favorites was the guy that apparently went up to a craft and was burned by some kind of exhaust vent. In his pictures he had little circle marks on his chest. I can't remember if he died of some sort of cancer, or the circles never went away or what, but it was a good read and interesting story.

My thought on proof has always been thus...

If they can travel through time, like stated by most, then how in the world could we EVER have proof? That would be like childs play to them. We find proof, announce it to the world, they go back a day prior and remove the proof, end of story.

There is not a doubt in my mind there is life out there, but sometimes I have a doubt if there is life here ;-)

join