It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the bailout finally passes, does anyone think it will work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Am I the only one that sees absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel here? I am pretty sure that after all of the pandering and political posturing is over with, that this sham... I mean plan will be put into action. What happens next? The tax payers are on the hook for at a minimum of 700 billion, but most likely will be over a trillion dollars. The same crappy economy that is built on lies and fraud will be limping along. The only difference will be that the tax payers will have been screwed and the elite will have raped us.

How will this not kill the dollar and crash the economy? I honestly see no way out. Our options seem to be, kill the bailout and let the economy collapse now. Or pass the bailout and make a few rich people even richer before the economy collapses later.

Will someone please talk some sense into me and explain how this is actually going to get the economy back on stable ground?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
We have a historical fraudulent undertaking by banking firms what knowingly borrowed out money starting a crisis in the making.

Now we have people giving money back to the very same people who got us here in the first place.

The answer I give is, No. This is robbery, plain and simple. I feel sorry for the home owner who loses his house, the bank gets it for free.

Families and communities are suffering and will suffer far more in the coming years. It's a nightmare.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Well, you and I are on the same page. You were supposed to talk some sense into me though and tell me that everything is going to be just fine....

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
The only difference will be that the tax payers will have been screwed and the elite will have raped us.

That says it all.........it is just to what extent the raping will be allowed.

I Emailed my representatives, and it seems they are making a show of listening to the people by NOT passing this monster yet.....but give them time. They will figure out a way to save their own personal butts and the elite shall flourish.............business as usual.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well, hehe... the real sad part is if we bail out these criminal bankers, the housing prices can't adjust downward to meet realistic family incomes, and we have forced the people living in over priced housing in a declining economy to squeeze and struggle endlessly, it is so evil in my opinion.

Add to that a manufactured food shortage, a manufactured energy crisis, throwing less food on the shelves, more expensive energy, and taxes on carbon... we are surrounded by an engineered lie that aims to hurt, not help us.

Now about cheering you up? There's always a pint and some topless dancers willing to have loose change tossed their way. Not all is lost.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Again, we are on the same page. I have had the exact same thoughts. One to add is that I am afraid that companies will be asking employees to take pay cuts soon, so the inflated house/food/fuel costs will be even more unbearable.

Will the strippers still take $1 bills? Or will the collapse of the dollar ruin that as well?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

They will figure out a way to save their own personal butts and the elite shall flourish.............business as usual.

I believe they have figured it out. It is this very bailout that they are extorting us with.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

They will scoff at the american peso, and cheer at the oh so valuable Amero.

I just wish humanity could wake up and realize that this whole system was engineered to enslave them, money is a lie. The world has puppet masters, and a whole lot of puppets... probably some topless ones.

Where's my pint!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
IMO, it might work on the short term. It may boost confidence, and it may keep businesses afloat for a time, thus securing more jobs for a time.

In the long term, and by long term I mean a year or two, we're going to be back to where we are now. This "bailout" doesn't address the core issues of credit spending, and it's because we spend and trade money we don't have that we're in this mess now.
What were all these companies that are being bailed out trading in as if it were a tangible good? CREDIT, for god's sake. They're trading on money that doesn't even exist. A good chunk of the money "lost" isn't piles of cash held in some vault in the basement of Lehman or AIG or Freddie, it's perceived value based on stock price and how much money these companies can borrow from another bank.

It makes me really angry that all this bull is because of money that doesn't even exist in reality.

Unless we change this messed up system of perceived wealth, we're gonna just keep coming back, over and over, to square one.

top topics

join