It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Video - Stop the Bailouts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I apologize if this video is buried somewhere else in these forums - feel free to move or delete this if it is. Some of the posts have referenced this guy so many may have seen it already..I just wanted to make it easier to see/get to.

I think this video provides a great description of the current problem (even tho I personally believe it goes a lot further back) and how really, really, bad this Bail out plan, or (to borrow from his forums) "the leave no banker behind bill" is.

From what I have read across many boards and news sites and comments all over the place; whether you are Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Green Party or any other party, pretty much everyone agrees: Say NO to this Bail Out!!

[edit on 9/24/2008 by toepick]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Video not available, chief.

Can you resend?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm working on it :/ sorry...../sigh

edit.. hehe my bad, kept useing the google video button

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
People fail to see if u don't bail the lenders out than be prepare to buy homes with cash because there won't be anybody left to finance the homes. Businesses will fail even more as a result and there will be more unemployed people.

This would drop the value of home more and will create more foreclosed properties, due to people not willing to pay for an upside down property.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I just emailed my senator to let him know that I do not support this bailout. I will do so again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, I guess until Friday when it happens anyway. I am trying to do my part. Thanks for the video. I will post it on my myspace so my friends who are dumb can see it.

I actually had a friend tell me today that he's buying a harley. I said great, the economy could use your useless spending. He hadn't even heard of this bailout.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
This would drop the value of home more and will create more foreclosed properties, due to people not willing to pay for an upside down property.

Yep, your excatly right, but thats what got us into this problem in the first place and continues to keep us in this problem..they keep propping up these home prices....property values need to fall...yeah, its gonna hurt some and that sucks, but you know what...

I don't want my tax dollars paying for bad investments anymore!!!

and every time they 'bail out' these corporations, that's what they are doing and its NOT fixing the problem, it will get worse and worse and worse!!

This IS what they have been doing..and is it working?? No, we are in the mess we are in today...so obviously it is NOT the solution.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I just bought a high powered sniper rifle.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Awesome!! I plan to be on my phone all day tomorrow, I'm starting with my local politicians and moving right up the chain to congress.

My boss where I work just last night tells me, 'ya I really need to look at my retirement I guess' - woah, I just can't believe how oblivious we have become as a society to what our government does...we truly are a 'fast food' mentality now. I'm willing to bet that at least 70% of the population just takes whatever they see on the local evening news or a few minutes of cnn each day...and that is JUST PLAIN SCARY!!

best luck to you and everyone..we do need to be on the phones, emails, fax's and spreading this...campaign for liberty and fedupusa have great links to getting a hold of our representatives.

edit spelling..ha - I'm up too late

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Star and flag!

A most excellent video from Karl!

Karl Denninger for Secretary of Treasury!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There are a lot of people on ATS still shouting about how we need this bailout, because of this, that, or the other. Well I don't give a crap if someone with 5 kids loses their home. They should not have bought a home they cannot afford. I am a single mom with three kids and I live in an apartment. I didn't take one of those fancy no documentation of my income loans. I live within my means. You lose your house; too bad. I have to make ends meet on what I make and I don't want the government taking anymore of what I make to bail out people who are stupid. I don't mind paying taxes for things that make this country better, like education and healthcare, but I do mind a great deal when my tax dollars are going to help greedy people, in the banking industry, government, and just stupid people who bought homes they couldn't afford.

Yes, yes, yes, I understand all the scare tactics about how if they fail then I will be paying a gazillion dollars for milk, blah, blah, blah. I have a great family and friends, and nieghbors, we will help eachother and fair just fine if sh*t hits the fan.

LET EM FAIL!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Well, I do care about the person with 5 kids who is losing their home, BUT, I say let the community help them out. I would help my neighbors if they lost theirs. Hell, even if I had to convert my garage and park the truck in the drive, we could figure something out. It might be good for the country if we had to help one another through a really rough time. We have lost the connection with our community, our neighbors, in many places. I have had friends stay with me before, I would gladly do so again.

Like you said, the people need to take care of the people, we can get through this. We can pitch in, tighten our belts, eat rice and beans and stop buying useless crap for a while and we can get through this. I too just refuse to let fear make me bail these idiots out.

I would rather lose every material thing I own, than lose my country.

I agree.

Let em fall.

top topics

join