It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is McCain/Palin trying to hide??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok, I may be missing something obvious here ...

... but is the McCain camp trying to get around a major gaffe prone Palin?

It seems to me that most politicians, especially those going for VP or the big P, revel in the spotlight and will take on the media challenge. In fact, it seems like a prerequisite!

So what's going on here?

Palin and the media??

Pallin and press are not friends

For a time this morning, the McCain-Palin campaign refused to allow any editorial presence -- no reporters or producers -- to go with a network pool camera to take pictures of Palin meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, Colombian President Alvaro Uribe and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

NEW YORK—Sarah Palin’s relationship with her traveling press corps went from barely existing to downright chilly Tuesday, when the two sides briefly engaged in a standoff over journalists’ access to Palin’s photo ops on the sidelines of the United Nations meetings here.

Even Fox is fed up with it ...

The networks, including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox fiercely objected to the McCain campaign's apparent effort to try to shield Palin from questions. Networks voted today, as a protest, to not use any video coming out of Palin's meeting.

Ok, so lets say she is gaffe prone ... the get her burning the midnight oil and teach her the ropes as fast as you can ... she is obviously a determined, driven woman ... surely this kind of challenge would be right up her ally?

Purposefully keeping her from the media could only cause a media backlash against the McCain camp.

If she is not able to deal with the media, Palin needs to pull her socks up and take it like a women.

Edit - Addition of info

[edit on 23/9/08 by Horza]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well,
When the World is ending in 2012, just before the next election.
It's kind of tough to say, "Hey, I was the LAST, USA President, EVER !!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
McCain is gonna be another Bush regime, he wants to bring more money to the Private Sector.

And hes using Pallin for women votes, that's her only purpose in this election, as far as McCain is concerned.

He was gonna lose to Obama, and ever since he elected Pallin as Vice hes been winning.

#ing asshole McCain

[edit on 23-9-2008 by NeverSurrender]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSurrender

So are you saying that she doesn't have what it takes to cut it on the world stage and that the McCain camp are hiding her away until they win? ... IF they win, of course ...

Seems like a massive gamble to me ... just to secure a % of the women's vote ... because of course not all women are going to vote for her ... in fact some women who may have voted McCain will not vote for her because of her stance on some women specific issues.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In reply to the original post, yes, it does look like that is what they are doing. I doubt if most of those that are dyed in the wool republicans would care though, they've already decided. Seems like McCain/Palin camp are pretty worried about the floating voters.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Venit

Agreed ... the undecided will win it for McCain ... Which is why, I think, that his camp are trying to keep Palin quiet.

The fact is that after her sizzling start, anything other than top notch politics will cause disillusion among the swingers.

A mediocre performance from Palin can easily swing the undecided Obama's way.

We will see what happens after the debate with Biden ... sure he is the gaffe machine, but he has experience to cover or backtrack efficiently in a live debate ... Palin, I believe, does not.

top topics

join