It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lung drugs might be taking toll on the heart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Lung drugs might be taking toll on the heart

www.usatoday.com

Widely prescribed drugs recommended as first-line therapy for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD — the USA's fourth-leading killer — raise the risk of heart attacks, strokes and death from heart disease, a study suggests.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
How can you win? You get diagnosed with a respitory illness only to be given medication that can result in a coronary illness.
If I were only a little more paranoid than I already am i would suspect some degree of intent. this is not the first instance I have seen where a cure for one illness causes another (and potentially more sever) ilness.

Looking at stroke risk alone, the researchers did not find a statistically significant elevated risk with tiotropium or ipratropium. But the 53% increased risk of heart attack and the 80% increased risk of cardiovascular death were statistically significant, the authors write in this week's issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
How can you win? You get diagnosed with a respitory illness only to be given medication that can result in a coronary illness.

Well, that's the way this business operates. They have to think of the future.

Either these people are businessmen seeking to make profit, or they love and care for you. It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The best way to win is to avoid pollution, drink pure water, eat organic, simple foods and avoid propylene glycol, hydrogenated-by-man oils (full or partial), monosodium glutamate, and the chemical shwill they add to most processed foods.

Avoid fluoride like the plague...

Exercise, be happy, give love, and accept what comes. One will have little issues in the long run.

Or... One can have other prescriptions added to the COPD drugs to help avaoid the health issues from the COPD drugs, and then add more drugs to avoid the side effects of THOSE drugs, ad infinitum, thereby making Big Pharma all the bigger!

top topics

join