It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is this bailout not unconstittutional ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am trying to figure out how this is going to work. The Constitution has checks and balances. The following part of this bailout plan as written will be struck down as unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court.

"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Cause the government shouldn't be in the personal business of corporations. It isn't their job to fix the companies problems if things are bad.. It is the companies to fail if they screw up..

The constitution makes it so that the government is limited in what it does..

Military, Trade, and a few other things... It is our job to keep our business from going under.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Remember " it's just a g-d piece of paper" to herr booosh!" How much o f this other patriot act crap is unconstitutional? I have come to the conclusion Since the constitution protects the common citizen from his governmentand provides no man is above the law (and we can't have that with a ruling elite) they just decided it had to go and not one check or balance interfered.

free speech zones????
imprisonment with out trial by judge or jury??
warrantless wiretapping!
And Pelosi has the gall to say she'd impeach if someone showed her a an impeachable offense????

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Cause the government shouldn't be in the personal business of corporations. It isn't their job to fix the companies problems if things are bad.. It is the companies to fail if they screw up..

As Ron Paul has noted, the businesses didn't screw up. Government did. The reason why this problem occurred is because of government intervention in the free market, forcing businesses to give out subprime loans (or be regulated out of existence), and changing the risk/reward calculation in the market place to make it profitable through manipulation.

The companies did not fail because of their own actions, government failed. A bail out to companies would mean getting them out of problems they created. This is not a bail out. It is an attempt to get companies out of trouble the government created.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You're right, in my opinion Jane. (i realize that's your screen name; it's that allright to call you Jane?)

I can't see any way that it is constitutional. Most of all, though, I feel for the people on the bottom of the ladder -- the people that have to foot the bill. You-know-what rolls downhill, and the top of the hill tain't hardly in sight. I think the U.S. can pull out of this quagmire, but it's going to take a bit of different thinking and approach than got the U.S. into this mess. I hope it can rise above and to the occasion and make it right.

My retirement is toast. Well, I figured that years ago. So it goes. They never promised me a rose garden.

new topics

top topics

join