It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest open question to Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OldThinker

Thanks for the thanks. I may not agree and while I grow tired of people quoting the bible and saying it is truth, but I really grow tired of people who just have a stout refusal to believe that some things aren't possible. I will read some of those proably tonight after class. I love the approach you opted for. Words are less than actions I agree. So with that please allow me some time to be educated before I answer to you.

-Kyo

KYO….

Again, great question…

Did you get a chance to review those biographies? You also mentioned why I use the ‘Bible’ as ‘truth’. So I looked for your perusal some verses on truth…

And ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free. John 8:32

As we have received mercy, we faint not; but have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but, by manifestation of the truth, commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 2Corinthians 4:1-2

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. John 18:37

"Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom." Psalm 51:6

"The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth." Psalm 145:18

"Buy truth, and do not sell it, get wisdom and instruction and understanding." Proverbs 23:23

"These are the things which you should do: speak the truth to one another; judge with truth and judgment for peace in your gates." Zechariah 8:16

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John testified about Him and cried out, saying, 'This was He of whom I said, "He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'" For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ."John 1:14-17

"He who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." John 3:21

"An hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." John 4:23-24

"You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8:32

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'" John 14:6

"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." John 16:13

"He who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also may believe." John 19:35

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness…………For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." Romans 1:18,25

"Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." 1 Corinthians 5:8

"We have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2

"In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation -- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise." Ephesians 1:13

"Speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ." Ephesians 4:15

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; if we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:6,8

"Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him." 1 John 3:18-19

"He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him." John 7:18

"We know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. A corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the immature, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth."
Romans 2:2,20

"For the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth." Ephesians 5:9

"Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.” 1 Timothy 2:4-7

"For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26

"The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
KYO,

In a sense TRUTH is ugly!!!!

Ugly in that its very very exclusive!!!

If this whole God/Man thing were up to OT, I’d say, “sure sincerity is the kicker!” But it ain’t up to me, regrettably…

2 and 2 is always 4….if we are adding…

2 and 2 next to one another is always 22.

TRUTH is TRUTH…no matter what any feels or thinks….ooch, I know!

Jesus has many HARD saying…that even I squint when reading…but a great man Saul of Tarsus said…"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things."

All of us will acknowledge this truth, either voluntarily, or be made too… that same guy Saul (Paul) in prison for Jesus later said, “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Man I know…Hard freakin’ stuff to swallow…but the longer I live…and see wisdom…here and wisdom there… comes along…and go into a new fad/belief…these words/sayings ring true…

Sorry for being heavy here…just felt I should!

OT (pausing)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join