It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Research reanimating human tissue??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is as snippet from an article a friend of mine sent me re. the Nephilim.
In the article it mentions that scientists have sucesfully "reanimated" human tissue..this scares me on a deep level..mebbe perhaps Ive seen way too many Zombie movies, but the idea of reanimating human tissue is truly frightening, and smacks of something that is just basically "wrong" on so many ethical, spiritual and intellectuallevels. I understand the reasoning for the research, but still...just because we can do such a thing doesnt mean we SHOULD do such a thing. I shudder at the implications of what could be should this get out of control.

from Worldnetdaily.com...

" team at Newcastle and Durham universities in the UK recently announced plans to "create hybrid rabbit and human embryos, as well as other 'chimera' embryos mixing human and cow genes." The same researchers have already managed to reanimate tissue "from dead human cells in another breakthrough which was heralded as a way of overcoming ethical dilemmas over using living embryos for medical research." In the United States, similar studies led Irv Weissman, director of Stanford University's Institute of Cancer/Stem Cell Biology and Medicine in California to create mice with partly human brworldnetdaily.comains, causing some ethicists to raise the issue of "humanized animals" in the future that could become "self aware" as a result of genetic modification"

here is a link to the website citing the source...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

Not to step on anyone's belief's in what was brought up in the supplied link but...i find all of that ridiculous. The thought that angels fell from Heaven without the authority of God and than to think they fooled around with earth chicks. Sorry, not buying it. But that's not even what turned me away from the site. Their heavy relying on the Apocrypha is too much for me. I've always been told by my close Church leaders (I'm LDS or "mormon" by the way) that this book should never be read without the complete accompany meant (is that one word or two? oh well) of the Holy Spirit, and with the thought of God's Angels sleeping with humans, i don't find that possible. Sorry.

But i do agree, the thought of reanimating human tissue is rather scary. What i find comical is thinking about how the cross breeding of a rabbit/humans. What real scientist brought that bs up? haha, idk, maybe i just don't know enough about it but it sounds like it wasn't well thought out at all

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So they've combined human and animal dna then? Was it sentient? We need to do a major overhaul on laws allowing for these things. Sentient life is not a product, but a person, and they should be serving time in jail for crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
ID have to agree with both of you...combining animal and human DNA is just not the way to go..kinda reminds me of "The Island of Dr. Moreau" in a way. As for the Nephilim I dont really buy into it either..but the idea of what form of soul or any at all can imhabit a hybrid creation does perk my interest..I dont really belive that fallen angels will occupy the beings..but would a new soul be created? make you wonder.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh, so these guys are going to create Minotaurs? You know, the same thing the ancient greeks said existed, but we laughed at for being "ignorant" and "superstitious"?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
the way its being discussed by some people a Minotaur would be the tip of the iceberg. Tru Chimarae, half pig/human....half rabbit/human....half horse/human ( Centaurs!) but the thing is.. would these hybrid forms actually be able to have a soul? General belief \are that ( atheists aside) all people have souls. And theres a large number of people that believe animals have souls. But which soul, if any would a hybrid creation take into itself? ( or does God asign a soul to a body?) would these new forms be able to have a soul at all? If one does not have a soul, then what are the implications for it to behave in a ethically, morally and law abiding manner?
Now going to the mention of reanimating dead tissue...I firmly belive this is a mistake...isnt there mention in the bible how the dead will rise? Perhaps thisis a way to fulfilll that part of the prophesy?This isnt to say that a reanimated corpse will for some reason crave human flesh or brains or what have you, but still the idea that a walking/shambling corpse moving towards you is still enuff to freak me out.
Let the dead be.

new topics

top topics

join