It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGS: Bernanke Confirms Government Will Pay Too Much For Crap Assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGS: Bernanke Confirms Government Will Pay Too Much For Crap Assets

www.clusterstock.com

The justification for this is that banks won't participate in the bailout unless you give them big incentive to do so. To which we say: Tough beans. Make the program expensive, as it should be. Give the banks a specified period of time to accept the help or forever forego it. Then work with the banks that jump at the offer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Changed title to the original title of the article.

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 9/23/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
These banks are going to get bailed out. There is no question to that. The main issue is how much are we going to pay for these bad assets. Bernanke and Paulson want to over pay for these assets so that the banks will participate.

The guy who wrote this article hits the nail on the head. Screw the banks. Give them little for the bad assets.

www.clusterstock.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The scam is beautiful.

We have an entity (The Fed which is no more "federal" than Federal Express) that can create money out of thin air and loan that out to generate interest debt all the while garnering tax revenue from the citizenry whom have to foot the bill....that was paid for by freshly printed paper, that was loaned to the government whom bailed out those institutions that charged the citizenry for the cost of the government to borrow that printed paper money.

LOL....

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Great speech. But I doubt what she says is going to make any difference unfortunately. I just pray that we low ball the hell out of these assets. Our dollar is in the fight for its life right now.

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha

These banks are going to get bailed out. There is no question to that.

I wouldn't be so sure about that one.

As a matter of fact, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that the bailout WON'T get passed. Frankly I see Bernanke and Paulson throwing their arms up in the air, stamping their feet and hoofing it back home with the tails covering their genitals (stretching the imagination to believe that there's much to hide), and taking their little toys with them.

Even if I'm completely wrong, I still like the visual.

AB1

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
The scam is beautiful.

We have an entity (The Fed which is no more "federal" than Federal Express) that can create money out of thin air and loan that out to generate interest debt all the while garnering tax revenue from the citizenry whom have to foot the bill....that was paid for by freshly printed paper, that was loaned to the government whom bailed out those institutions that charged the citizenry for the cost of the government to borrow that printed paper money.

LOL....

Its a huge freaking scam.
The whole lot.
All planned.
All staged.
Daylight robbery.
It makes me angry.
Violence is not the answer?
Sometimes im not sure about that.

top topics

join