It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrysler Unveils Secretly Developed Electric Cars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Chrysler Unveils Secretly Developed Electric Cars

www.foxnews.com

Chrysler “plugged-in” the gauntlet on Tuesday, unveiling a secret lineup of electric vehicles, pledging to bring at least one of them to showrooms within two years.

....Now, in a move aimed at cheering up the company’s employees and stealing the spotlight from the recently introduced Chevy Volt, Chrysler is showing its hand to the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.greenecomobility.com
www.cbsnews.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.smartmoney.com

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, it seems that we are witnessing first-hand the re-birth of the once "dead" Electric Personal Passenger Vehicle.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-23-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The "peapod" is comedy gold!

Still laughing at that one.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Since the edit failed to produce the photo of the Three Electric Amigos, here it is:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You missed the fourth and most entertaining Amigo...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I cant wait for electric cars.

People don't understand, and electric motor is INSTANT torque. An electric sports car would DESTROY even the best most exotic sports cars out there today.

OK, I'll back up that statement, here's and electric car destroying a Ferrari and a Porsche GT:

Here another electric motor driven vehicle...who says electric motors aren't powerful:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

Thanks for that vid, i couldn't help but laugh out loud seeing a go cart look alike smoke both those coveted cars. The day I have enough money to get any of these cars, I'll at least know which one's worth the money.

I can't wait for electric cars either, i sure hope we easily harness electricity soon, it'd be better to use over gasoline. What i'm curious about though is the progress of nuclear cars. I heard a statement that the army or something around that is putting these nuclear engines in ships or subs and they last 30 years without refueling or something. Any links please?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ill be buying an electric car when it comes out. Either the Volt or even a Chrysler. Id buy a Tesla if it wasnt so damn much money.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am starting to realise fully that the internal combustion engine was our biggest technological mystake. Electric motors are more powerfull in relation to their size, more durable and simpler. Storing electricity is a problem, sure, but I am confident that it is possible to have much better battery systems than we do now, if we thrown enough research into it, and solar panels can help if put on these viehicles.

I have my eye on the Volt and want to see Tesla's upcoming sedan too.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

This isnt the 4th car..

This is..
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 9/23/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Maybe a combination of Battery and solar cells. That would give you more mileage before a recharge. Why not have a sort of battery pack that you pull into the filling station and you pay for a new battery pack and just pop it in. This has got to give Tesla the credit he has always deserved.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Heck, most car trips are less than 40 miles, probably less then 10, going out for errands and such. The only time you will need to gas driven generator is for long trips, or if you have to commute more than 40 miles one way to work.

This is great news. Too bad some effort wasn't put in this direction long ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Projected prices were not revealed, and Chrysler is not saying which of the vehicles will be the first to come to market.

Looking suspiciously like the $109,000 Tesla Roadster, the Dodge is clearly based on the same Lotus-sourced platform that underpins that exotic electric
Ohh, they've made it affordable to the general public. Yeah, right.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I gotta wonder how hard it could be to come up with an affordable, small electric car for driving around town, going to the grocery store, dropping the kids off, going out to a local dinner, or bowling, or commuting to work when work is less than 20 miles.

What about capacitive storage of electricity?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I gotta wonder how hard it could be to come up with an affordable, small electric car for driving around town, going to the grocery store, dropping the kids off, going out to a local dinner, or bowling, or commuting to work when work is less than 20 miles.

$500.00 bucks and she's yours...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

All it needs is doors and windows, and a heater for the winter. But does it do at least 55MPH?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

What about capacitive storage of electricity?

video.google.com...

Who killed the electric car

This is some of it.. They had evo's back in the day but the car companies killed them back in the 90's

[edit on 9/24/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Maybe a combination of Battery and solar cells. That would give you more mileage before a recharge. Why not have a sort of battery pack that you pull into the filling station and you pay for a new battery pack and just pop it in. This has got to give Tesla the credit he has always deserved.

That's what I was thinking.

Solar wouldn't be able to charge your car completely for day to day use, but it would be able to give you that last bit of emergency power to help you get to an outlet if you're the kind of person that typically drives with the needle resting on E... I'm not innocent of that either.

I have a design for converting a pickup, should I want to...
or my second option at the moment seems to be purchasing a Jeep EV, and replacing the removable roof with solar panels of my own configuration.
It won't be cheap... but then again, neither will the vehicle itself. Not yet anyhow.

Basically for those who only drive a few miles to work on a day... the solar cells (charging during the day) should be just enough to get you home again... if you only left with enough charge to get you to work.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Its about time they got them on the road (so to speak).

They should team up with that 14yr old who just developed solar panels that produces currant beyond anything on the market and incorporate it into the cars.

If nothing they may be able to get them to recharge themselves from these panels and would then save having to change the batteries too often or extend the running time before having to change for fresh ones, if they have a range of 40 miles now with the help of solar panels they might be able to increase this to 60-70 who knows

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If leaving my laptop plugged in and mostly in sleep mode jacks my electric bill almost $30/month I'd hate to see what charging my electric pick-up would cost. As it is I only have to fill it once a month for about $40.

I can see people plugging their cars in at the outside outlets of peoples homes and businesses and the eventual locking box that will be sold to go around them to keep people from stealing the juice.

Lets get some more nuclear plants to drive the cost of electricity down a bit if we're all going to be driving electric cars.

I'm going to find a beat up old diesel pick-up and run it off of used fryer oil. It would be nice if it could run off waste oil too. I'll have to look that up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join