It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the world need USA (World Police)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I hear a lot of users on this site mention their dismay on how the US government is a world police and that this is a bad thing. I just want to ask you one thing:

Do you know enough about how the world works to judge our government on their foreign policies?

Everything this government has ever done, even if it was at the cost of its own citizens, has been for the betterment of it's citizens. And I don't mean just now but also in the future. And let's say we don't do those things, what then? You want Russia or China to push their weight around in the world? Because you know that they will. And so what difference does it make if it's us or them? I'd rather have us doing the pushing than to be pushed by China.

One might look at the Iraq war and say that we wrongfully accused Saddam of harboring terrorism and that this war should have never taken place, but what if that decision was made so that you and I would continue to have a meal on the table and a roof over our heads?

Sure, we have people living in tents and kids dying of hunger, but this is nothing compared to the majority of the world. People all around the world would give everything they've got for the opportunity to come to the US, that's how much worse it is elsewhere.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Impreza]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Have you ever been outside of the US? Alot of places in the world are not as bad as you may suspect.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

You are whistling in the dark.

This is the mot anti-American, anti-Capitalist site on the web.

They hate the power the U.S. wields beacuse it is powerful and for no other reason. China is a misunderstood peaceful nation.

Iran is being oppressed.

Russia reacted justly when it attacked Georgia.

The U.S. openly attacked a peaceful nation based on greed and lies.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hear you, and I share what I perceive as your disgust. Forgive me if I assume too much.

I am in favor of the U.S. pulling out of every nation, every cause, let them rise or fall on their own merits, particularly those countries who take the U.S. aid/benefit, and bite the hand immediately before and afterward.

I think the U.S. has problems aplenty of its own, and the sooner it eases out illegal occupiers and clamps down its borders and takes care of its own the better. It was a good run, playing the world savior, but you have children dying of malnutrition within your own borders, and as Ellis Paul says, "the world ain't slowin' down. hey hey".

I think the U.S. has been the helper to much of the world, and sure, it seeks to further its own interests as well. If your efforts aren't appreciated, it's time to reevaluate your goals. Sorry world, sucks to be you, we have our own stinking pile of crap to deal with, hope you make it, thanks for the support, thanks for the "kick me" sign, have a good life, we wish you well, be safe, nanunanu.

There. Now I've had my nightly rant and can now return to the gentle, compassionate person I usually am. [stomping away in the distance, muttering unintelligibily]

I'm fine, really.

new topics

top topics

join