It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifact from Atlantis?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The symbols look kind of like logographs to me (of this mysterious Atlantean language). Like they each represent a word. Some languages use that, like Chinese. The top one would obviously be "fire" or "flame" since it looks like the flame of a candle. The other two are more tricky, the second one looks like it might be two heads of animals joined together (their faces are at the bottom, upside down) , the third looks like it might represent a human body. If I were to take a wild guess at what it might say, I'd say "fire unites mankind". It's a candle holder.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio
[more

I was just reading about Sathya Sai Baba, and noticed that the stone he produced (top left) looks just like this symbol (the flame, etc.). Perhaps this piece is Indian or even ancient Indian.

www.saibaba.ws...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi,
Atlantis was an archipelago consisting of two large
islands situated in the Atlantic Ocean near the Mediterranean
Sea.
Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ablenable
Hi,
Atlantis was an archipelago consisting of two large
islands situated in the Atlantic Ocean near the Mediterranean
Sea.
Have a nice day.

Oh really?
Where do you get this from? Sources? Proof?

PS: You might wanna read Plato again, nowhere is there anything mentioned about an archipelago..

Without sources and/or proof all you are is a nutcase making an outlandish statement

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hello Skyfloating. Consider this idea. I propose that this is a huge key. The bottom half is inserted into whatever and the larger top section was designed to turn it. What ever it opened was quit large. See it as I do for a minute.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My Appologies, but has this artifact been carbon dated? I just mearly think that if we know when this artifact was created or used....then we would be able to match it up with current time civlizations in that region? Natives, Aztecs, Mayans, even European colonization groups could have dropped this thing. As much as I would want to, It seems like a bit of a stretch to immidently associate this with Atlantis.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed
The oxidation on this piece looks more consistent with a faux oxidation technique.
If you compare the next two examples of oxidation(true oxidation) Brass, Copper, and
bronze respectively, you will note a more uniform surface coloration.
brass patina
copper patina
bronze patina
More importantly on the bronze piece notice there is no indication of wear
on any of the edges top of bottom. On the piece presented there is clearly
wear on the upper rim. Being a novice metalurgist the metal appears to be brass. I have seen this type of candle holder at hobby shops for interior decorating. I do believe as someone else has stated that the piece is upside down. My guess would be that what is depicted on the upper rim in the photo holds just on the interior of it a place of fabrication most likely India(Many brass pieces are replicated there but possibly also Taiwan)
Now compare to a faux copper patina template.

and just faux patina

With these examples we can see the differences of true vs. replica. I'm sorry but the piece is in my scholarly opinion a faux with a wonderful story.
--Still new to the site had problems linking original images. So unfortunately I can't make it easy viewing, but at least the info is here.--

[edit on 17/2/10 by Shadowed]

+1

From what i can see, photos provided support a Faux replica.

Whilst being a far cry from a authority on Antiquities, i'm confident.

Nice piece though!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
Where do you get this from? Sources? Proof?

PS: You might wanna read Plato again, nowhere is there anything mentioned about an archipelago..

Without sources and/or proof all you are is a nutcase making an outlandish statement

May I take the opportunity to introduce a page on academically satisfactory introductory literature on Plato's Atlantis?

www.atlantis-scout.de...

I hope this is helpful!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have been perusing the posts on this. The artifact is very interesting in that it seems to be an amalgam of various styles. The spirals look meso-american but also celtic. The design of the piece itself looks rather Spanish to me and the work at the bottom does indeed resemble Arabic writing.

Although I'm a great believer in Atlantis, I find it hard to believe that this artifact is 12,000 years old, which is what it would have to be if we go by Plato's dating. Even if we use the alternate theory that somewhere along the line 9,000 was mistaken for 900, that would put it at about 5,000 years old to be in the right time frame. This thing doesn't look like it can really be that ancient.

Lastly, we can't discount ocean currents. Look at what's washed up on the shores of the western U.S. after the Japanese tsunami. This could very well be from a shipwreck - or something- from the other side of the Atlantic. The gulf current makes a full circle, so no telling how far something can travel in a few hundred - or few thousand years.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

li get a strange feeling looking at it. the face depicte don it looks like a a good who rules over water and it seems of a metal that from my perception seems to be a metal that is formed under a great deal of water pressure. it seems to be a flame holder as if to act like a tourch designed to house the flame and allow it to iluminate a dark area. i wish i could look at it in person all my life have found i seem to be connected to old artifacts and things and when i look at htem it feels like they tell me more about themselves as if they want me to know what they are

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
weren't atlanteans supposed to work on gold/copper alloy called orichalcum (could be what the spaniards called tumbaga), a metal plato said "glittered like fire" ? that doesnt look like orichalcum to me.

as for what it is, i dont know but if i was to guess it's origins, i would say south america.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It kind of reminds me of an oil burner, or something of that nature. I can see that one symbol is something like a clod blowing wind?

I would imagine that if that top "plate" isnt hollow then some sented oil could be burned in there, or maybe even something burned on the top as sort of a candel?

That is an awesome artifact though!

Reviewing the rest of the thread which I should have done in the first place...LOL. It does look like its upsidedown. Very cool.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cicerone

Hey proclus!
Nice meeting you here.
Harte is here too.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Umbra Sideralis
I forget to say, following my last hipotesis, if the artifact was exposed to a fire, it is also possible that some other important parts of it was missing... like parts made of wood or Hide(animal fur), what will difficult even more to recognize it's porpose for trivial use. Maybe we are just looking for it's "Hard skeleton".

Just imagine we have a room tea table where the extruture is in brass, but the table inself is in wood...after a fire all we will see it's just the brass part...
Depending of the work and details on that part, could be very difficult to us to understend that was a table in first place..lol...weird i know,,but very possible. (carefull, this is a exemple, im not saying the artifact is a tea table)

You're pretty close to the truth with your hypothesis, Umbra Sideralis. It's actually an antique ritual Chinese wine vessel or an antique ceremonial Tibetan teapot - most likely a Jia or Gu wine vessel.

Antique Chinese Gu wine vessel

Antique Chinese Jia wine vessel

These wine vessels would come in all shapes and sizes but usually in either the Gu vessel style or Jia style with three legs - on the OP picture it is upside down from how it would be placed when in use. What is confusing here is that it seems to be mixed style wine vessel that has elements of both Gu and Jia design style in it.

Antique Tibetan teapot

If it is a teapot and not a wine vesse then It would be placed on its leg over a fire, then charcoal or pieced of wood is placed underneath it to warm the Tibetan goat milk tea, they normaly have a lid seems to be missing on the OP images. Ceremonial Tibetan teapots can be hard to seperate visually from rtial wine vessels, probably because they have the same religious offspring in the past, the wine vessels are usually a lot larger though.

Antique Tibetan teapot

Antique Gu wine vessel

Antique Jia wine vessel

-MM

edit on 22-1-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join