It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifact from Atlantis?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It looks Morrocan...maybe the Spanish dropped it when they were exploring the new world.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

=

that is definitely of east-Asian orgin. This is a traditional Korean mythical beast called "Dokkaebi". If not this, then it's a gate lion.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Looks to me like it is made of copper but copper would not come out of the ocean after hundreds of years and look that good. I guess copper because of the color and the way it is tarnished. Even the way we treat copper now days it could not make it 100 years at the bottom of the atlantic and not have holes in it so I wonder what it is made of and how it is treated. Ask then if it is brittle.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a curious thing is that these demon-ish faces , which we can see in ancient south american archtiecture is also predominatly found in south indian temple architecture.

The Indian Version is known as the "Yali" Yali - Wikipedia

[edit on 11/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Might be the first legit piece of Atlantis ever discovered. Its clear that not one person on ATS and none of the antiquities experts have an answer that they can back up with solid facts. I am emailing the link to a couple folks right now. One is currently exploring central america.

What did the Edgar Cayce foundation people say? Anyone contacted them or the people doing the dives off Bimini yet?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It looks like a water vase, or it could be used to store flowers in. It looks Egyptian influenced by the Roman work. This is to me. The pack of cigarettes looks American.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Every one missed the Mayan connection from the start. Compare these drawings to the flame legs.

www.earthmatrix.com...

Ding Ding Ding, we have our first winner. One part tied directly to the Maya. I will dig a bit and try to place some of the other designs.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Every one missed the Mayan connection from the start. Compare these drawings to the flame legs.

www.earthmatrix.com...

Ding Ding Ding, we have our first winner. One part tied directly to the Maya. I will dig a bit and try to place some of the other designs.

It was actually mentioned numerous times earlier in the thread....along with about 20 other different styles which make the vase look like cheap tat.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????i

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Yes, but the original thrust here was not so much to prove the item but to disprove it by finding an expert that can determine its origin beyond a reasonable doubt. So far all of the people here don't have a clue, much less any ability to disprove the object is just exactly what is claimed.

Until it is disproven, it is without a doubt one of the only artifacts of Atlantis to ever turn up. There would likely be more somewhere.

My gut tells me its genuine. More so since not one person can identify it. What does the OP have to say? Anything new on this, and what does the owner say? Did he/she have any other information?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Until it is disproven, it is without a doubt one of the only artifacts of Atlantis to ever turn up. There would likely be more somewhere.

Now, You tell me, How are you or the guys who got this vase or the guys who believe that this is from "atlantis" is actually from Atlantis??
what proof do you, in particular, have to substantiate?

I suppose you are familiar with the "Its-quite-tough/impossible-to-prove-a-negative"dept???

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It is more than likely South American in origin. The are a large number of Spanish wrecks off the coast of Florida. Though the thought of Atlantis is intriguing, unfortunately, the most likely explanation is often the correct one. Couple that with the fact that Spain basically raped the native South Americans monetarily, and gold wise, it gives one a pretty good explanation of what it was and what it was doing there. Between piracy, hurricanes, etc, there is no doubt in my mind that came from a Spanish ship. People such as Mel Fisher have made millions from their finds, and it is pretty common to find random Spanish gold walking on the beach in Eastern South Florida. Every few months we here a story about such on the local news.

Florida is famous for its fabled Spanish treasure galleons. Florida's coastline is dotted with more colonial Spanish wrecks than any other state in the nation, primarily because of three treasure fleet disasters. In 1622, 1715, and again in 1733, Spain suffered horrible economic blows when the treasure fleets or flotas entered Florida waters and were destroyed by hurricanes. The 1622 fleet was scattered across the lower Florida Keys and the Dry Tortugas. The 1715 fleet wrecked along the Atlantic coast of southern Florida, on what is now known as the Treasure Coast. And finally, the 1733 fleet met its fate along the upper Florida Keys, from modern Grassy Key to upper Key Largo.

www.usasail.com...

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Osiris1953]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So where did all the experts go on this? Is it the smoking gun? The recent 10,000 year old temple in turkey, give light to the tool making precision at that time.

Any experts come up with credible evidence? It is there in plain sight. There isn't a single expert that can place an origin.

Is this thing the smoking gun?

I have no idea what it is. All I see is a bunch of experts giving contradictory theories on its origins. The contradictions indicate that they are not sure where it is from.

The owner of the artifact has not been available by U2U for awhile now.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The contradictions indicate that they are not sure where it is from.

Then pay to have it professional looked at if you think its 'real'. As I noted before I had candle sticks that resembled this.

Put it up at Ebay, let the antique community look at it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
To the person who recently sent me a U2U on this: Sorry I deleted your U2U by mistake.

Anyway, if you wish to contact the owner of the object, post on this thread and maybe he`ll read it and give you his address.

(Respecting his wish for privacy I will not give away his contact info.)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi there...
Skyfloating..I sent you the message.
My friend, the antiques dealer and author, is back from China and talking to me right now!!
He is such a character.

Needless to say, here is his take on your object.

This is an Islamic temple urn used for flowers/branches/incense and is pictured upside down.
Estimation is from the Viceroy era; after the Moors invaded Spain, world travel ensued.
This piece would have belonged to a Don or an officer of higher ranking.
He is saying the 1600's.
Approximate value: $20-$30 thousand.
There is one TL lab in this country that can test it correctly. The Daylight Labs in Seattle. They will drill a couple of small holes from the inside and do the
thermo/radiation on it. One must physically take their piece in question to them.
I'm getting the information on this lab this afternoon and will post accordingly.

Interesting that it is Islamic; after all of the research and speculation!!

Hope this helps!!

Peace..

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry about that..my friend found our lab info:

www.antiqueauthentication.com...

Peace..

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

Thats useful information. I sent the owner a message referring him to your post. If I am not mistaken I think he once mentioned living in Washington State, so it shouldnt be too far to the Lab. If any such research arises I will post it here.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If its indeed ancient islamic one wonders what why it waas found off the coast of Florida...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

If its indeed ancient islamic one wonders what why it waas found off the coast of Florida...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

As I said earlier... trade goods/personal treasures and a shipwreck.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join