It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifact from Atlantis?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Thats interesting and beautiful. However, within the thread, we also found similar asian spirals.

We´ve had people certain its from...

The Mayas
Indonesia
China
Ireland
Greece/Minoan
Egyptian

What should we do to narrow down the possibilities a bit?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Could it be a universal language code or glyth for the milkyway?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
Could it be a universal language code or glyth for the milkyway?

Good idea.

I remember the same spiraling pictures in the still undeciphered Voynich Manuscript...alongside pictures of stars and suns.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kundalini125
in 1944 a ten year old boy,Newton anderson dropped a lump of coal in his basement and found a manmade bell with a demond like figure on the handle,the bitumous coal that was mined near his house upshur county west virginia is supposed to be 300million years old,from the carboniferous peroid,the bell was submitted to the lab at the university of oklahom,where a nuclear activation analysis revealed that the bell contains an unusal mix of metals different from any known modern alloy production.including copper,zinc,tin,arsenic,iodin and selenium.what strikes me about this aretefact is the similarity in the colour of the metallic surface,despite some discolouration of the surface,well it has been lying at the bottom of the ocean for donkeys years,i wonder what the chemical composition of the artefact would be if it were tested in a similar way,i currently trying to find a way to take a snapshot of the bell on the video to show you what i mean and perhaps some thing might click in to place as it were.

Yes, please give us a snapshot of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The spiral is ubiquitous to human aesthetics that it could almost be called instinctive.

The spiral is found everywhere in nature so why does it surprise anyone that it would be found in basic art patterns from around the world.

The square spiral is also very common among cultures that have absolutely no connection what so ever.

One reason is that, as a design, a straight line is easy to create than a circle.

Im still going with asian and created for export, if its indonesian it was created by a non muslim(ethnic chinese buhdist? ), the face is a dead give away.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
More food for thought on spiral:

The Hopi Native Americans use circular and square labyrinths as symbols for Mother Earth and the emergence from her womb upon creation and spiritual awakening.

See link below for source and other interesting stuff on spirals:

onewomansmind.net...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Visit the site below - i stumbled across it and was gobsmacked i had previously not heard of these megaliths in ireland. again, as you say are with pictures of moons and stars - they do allign with the solstace, makes you think what was there purpose and do they have one in the future. Stone henge , the Giza pyrmid and many others all have allignments some have more than one.

www.knowth.com...

[edit on 27-9-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The soul with four wings is only found in Egypt. This is the first non Egyptian piece ever shown with it. It is reserved for Kings who are also initiate high priests.

This is a seal so it is only a permission/approval device. The king's is a different emblem.

www.freewebs.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
thumbs up for Byrd!
so the problem with the mixed motifs is that its from a melting pot culture?
what of the guy who is claiming some of those motifs are south/central american?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
The soul with four wings is only found in Egypt. This is the first non Egyptian piece ever shown with it. It is reserved for Kings who are also initiate high priests.

This is a seal so it is only a permission/approval device. The king's is a different emblem.

www.freewebs.com...

Which non-egyptian piece are you referring to?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

This one here. Oddly enough there were a pictures of a gold covered Egyptian coffin on the net with the four winged aten and every one of them has been pulled.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

OK. I apologize for being dense.

Thanks for pointing out that this is nowhere to be found than in ancient egypt.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here is one. Its clearly an Egyptian replicated concept. But where did they get it from? What is the four winged globe and what does it represent?

dragonoftheapocalypse.itgo.com...

This one is not the one I was looking for and shows a union of the brotherhood of the snake and the brotherhood of the sun with the phoenix presiding over them. There are other though.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

OK. I apologize for being dense.

Thanks for pointing out that this is nowhere to be found than in ancient egypt.

Sorry for assuming everyone could hear the next sentences I was thinking and not writing.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Link ineffective Sir.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Try the copy and paste. It opens fine for me from the post.

+=http://dragonoftheapocalypse.itgo.com/BirdsOfAFeather.jpg=+

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Got it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Among the other finds are vases or urns and cups of copper and gold, made very artistic in design.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
The fact that this piece cannot be easily characterised is a very, very telling sign that it is from a culture that is not very well known.

Or more likely isn't from any culture, and is instead simply a brass vase in an art deco design from the late 19th, early 20th century.

I'll bet that if you took a flashlight to the inside of the vase, you would see a caster's mark of production. Probably somewhere in Germany.

"omg it's atlantis!" really, people...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join