It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will society develop on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Once we have managed to colonise mars , how do you think that society will develop there?
I know that it will take a long time but once the "new" Martians become self sufficiant, then do you think that they are going to eventually want independance from the earth? Perhaps being so far away , they would develop new religions and languages etc.
I suppose that a lot would depend on how fast and economical our system of transport and communication between the planets develops.
I could see problems with the inhabitants of one planet having to follow the rules set up to govern the lives of people so far away, like America having to be ruled by England before it gained it's independance.
Could we end up with war between Mars and Earth in the far distant future?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
Once we have managed to colonise mars , how do you think that society will develop there?
I know that it will take a long time but once the "new" Martians become self sufficiant, then do you think that they are going to eventually want independance from the earth? Perhaps being so far away , they would develop new religions and languages etc.
I suppose that a lot would depend on how fast and economical our system of transport and communication between the planets develops.
I could see problems with the inhabitants of one planet having to follow the rules set up to govern the lives of people so far away, like America having to be ruled by England before it gained it's independance.
Could we end up with war between Mars and Earth in the far distant future?

Perhaps we already got there in the PAST and left signs for us today? (Face on Mars ) and how maybe a Nuclear WAR was fought that wiped out history. So we hear as myth about people flying in air machines and going to other worlds?

Michael

jra

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's definately something neat to think about. I don't know if you or anyone else here watched a sci fi show called "Babylon 5". In that show they had things like Mars fighting for its independance from Earth and things like that.

But who knows what would happen. I guess it all depends on how things develop. I do believe over many generations, people would start to look a bit differnt. Since Mars has a lower gravity I think people would be taller there, but then if they were to go to Earth they'd be a bit weaker (on average).

It sure would be nice to see things develop on the Moon and Mars. I'd love to go either place.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ever watch Total Recall? it's going to be just like that, with mutant psychics and constant warfare underground, all for the same cause, oxygen. Okay, so maybe it won't happen, but hey, it was a good movie.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-Angel
Perhaps we already got there in the PAST and left signs for us today? (Face on Mars ) and how maybe a Nuclear WAR was fought that wiped out history. So we hear as myth about people flying in air machines and going to other worlds?

Michael

can you link me to the myths abouth people flying in air machines and going to other worlds? time machines?
i heard time machines can go anywhere, like that montauk project, i read that they just send a person 1 second into the future but they send him to mars

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Once the place is settled, I think that no country should own Mars so they would have to be a nation of their own with their own laws. There would need to be some kind of intering government at first but then they could elect leaders and be independent from us and be a seperate country (or countries)

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Always ones to be forward thinking, some botanist friends of mine have established the Mars Botanic Garden.

Mission Statement: "Mars Botanic Garden is the first extraterrestrial Botanic Garden. Founded in 2001 without plants, buildings, or even a breathable atmosphere, we strive to promote the study and enjoyment of plants."

to quote their F.A.Q.
"Is this a joke?"
" No."

Feel free to tour the place; it is pretty interesting. I cannot recommend making donations or buying any of their merchandise since it just encourages them. I need to get on them about updating the site. They are way behind the times. One would think that the possible presence of water on Mar would excite the plant guys. Aspiring exo-Botanists are a funny bunch.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It depends on if we go there by Government decree or through free enterprise.

If through the Government you can expect pertty much the same as we have here.

If through free enterprise then you can expect an exploisian of ideas and socities.

But that just might be the Libetarian in me talking.....LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi

Michael

can you link me to the myths abouth people flying in air machines and going to other worlds? time machines?
i heard time machines can go anywhere, like that montauk project, i read that they just send a person 1 second into the future but they send him to mars

My thought was based on the Summerian, Olmec, India Sankrit of people coming down, or having chariots to go places. Bible also speaks of those who came down at the tower of Babel. Our past and present have ships that were recorded as much as they are today. Since we today look to Mars with such inner hope is that based on some known but unsaid wisdom we all share in the unconscious realm? Are we trying to rebuild what was destroyed and do so unknowingly. Why such a strong desire to this planet? Did Apollo or the Greek Gods live on Mars and came from Olympus.
Could ET be perhaps a human who having lived on Mars or having grown up on Mars has taken on a new form we ourselves can't recognize as us any longer?

Just thinking out loud

Michael

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
there couldnt have been a nuclear war on mars in the past you fools, unless nasa already found artifacts that recommend a such truth. i see us already building society on mars i mean face it. look how much excess water is on earth and how already its breaking down. i mean the earth wont last as long as the sun now come on here. its not too long until today when theyll finally nuke the ocean spilling all of its water destroying our whole country. i mean. we have to move on to other planets none the less is where im going with this. i wouldnt mind living on mars. i mean hell. it seems warm and with lots of quiet time.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Michael

uhhhh........no. lack of technology? u can't wipe out history. a story that big would still have survived, f00..................

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would definitely like to go there. Anyone born and raised there though that would want to come back to earth might have problems, with the difference in gravity. I wonder if a martian would have other problems on earth too like people being prejudice.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

Michael

uhhhh........no. lack of technology? u can't wipe out history. a story that big would still have survived, f00..................

ahhhh....Yes, technology enough to build Pyramids we would have a hard time, not to mention objects found in rock dating back Millions of years, history can be lost, order of buiness is food, shelter, water, preserving history would not be on those who made it top priority. As for the Story, time with the people just working to stay alive would in time remove those who knew the story that needed to be past on, but wasn't because the one who knew it was gone as well.

Michael

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I really don't think we have any intention of colonizing mars in the first place, well at least not for permanent habitation. The only reason we will go to Mars is for scientific purposes & if we found a natural resource that's commercially exploitable we might set up mining colonies or use Mars as a jump point to study places further away.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If Mars is colonized, normal people like us won't even be going. It will only be for the Elite and the rich. We would be left on earth to die.

A colonization of Mars would take centuries.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
If Mars is colonized, normal people like us won't even be going. It will only be for the Elite and the rich. We would be left on earth to die.

A colonization of Mars would take centuries.

I agree there, I can see earth becoming the "forgotten" planet, full of the forgotten people. That or Mars becoming a Prison Planet, and we all get shipped there except for the elite and a few slaves who will turn earth into eden.

Mars could become the industrial planet, where the slaves I mean Prisoners produce the goods for mother earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if they found a vast amount of oil on Mars.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I guess it would make them look retarded because then they will have to admit there has been a lot of life on mars.

But what good would it do? I would hope by the time we have the tech to get there and back and transport resources that fossil fuels would be a thing of the past.

top topics

join