It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to let offshore drilling ban expire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Democrats to let offshore drilling ban expire

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Democrats have decided to allow a quarter-century ban on drilling for oil off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts to expire next week, conceding defeat in an months-long battle with the White House and Republicans set off by $4 a gallon gasoline prices this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey, D-Wis., told reporters Tuesday that a provision continuing the moratorium will be dropped this year from a stopgap spending bill to keep the government running after Congress recesses for the election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is this a ploy to stimulate the economy. Certainly a surprise to most.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So anyone know how long before this would mean more oil and lower prices at the pump?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As the market is currently controlled, supply and demand are irrelevancies. They will charge us as much as they can get away with.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
So anyone know how long before this would mean more oil and lower prices at the pump?

good one. Like the above poster wrote, we will be charged for whatever thay can get away with. They have bought and paid for a portion of congress and congress will talk on the floor about whatever will sway the public to the notion that they were actually doing work.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think I heard even if they know exactly where to drill. By the time everything is setup and functioning it could be like 2 years. But as posters have stated the sad truth..it likely won't affect the price at the pump. I just don't want the Chinese to get it.

top topics

join